[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the line between passing and non-passing? I often

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1484019737942.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484019737942.png
602KB, 963x720px
Where's the line between passing and non-passing? I often see almost passing trannies alongside passing ones, yet they don't look too different a lot of the time. For some reason, those subtle differences are enough to push one to the side of "female" and the other to "male". What differences are these?
>>
>>8129853
Practicing your voice instead of sitting on your ass playing Dark Souls.
>>
File: magda.jpg (121KB, 302x391px) Image search: [Google]
magda.jpg
121KB, 302x391px
>>8129853
There isn't one. If most people think you're a girl, you pass. If people have to stop and question whether or not you're a girl or think you're a man or can tell you're trans, then you don't pass. There's no definitive line. This is why the autists/people with BDD here are able to obsess endlessly about passing or not passing, etc.
Ultimately you want to be able to feel okay about your appearance and you want to be able to function in society without risking getting clocked. The only way to know for real is to have honest people tell you and to try doing things in real life.

p.s. some cis women don't "pass", to make it more confusing
>>
>>8129961
You can "pass" without passing though. First of all, you can look and sound like a total tranny, and some cis people will still be fooled because they don't have experience with trannies. Second of all, you can do really really well and pass as a woman to the vast majority of people, to the point where you never get misgendered etc. But you might still look uncanny to the people here, and therefore fail to pass as AFAB.
>>
I pass pretty well but I occasionally get clocked as queer. Some people can just sense it.

Just because another tranny can clock you, doesn't necessarily mean you don't pass. We trannies honed our clocking skills.
>>
You have to remember that how you look isn't the only thing that matters for passing.
The person looking at you also matters - some people are really bad with faces (prosopagnosia) and wouldn't be able to clock a hon in her 60s.
Some people are great with faces (super-recognizers) and will correctly clock 95%+ of trannies even if most people agree they pass really well.
Some people are super insecure and clock anything remotely masculine (and consequently 'clock' a lot of cis girls).

You just gotta do your best and go out and if most people aren't looking at you like a freak, you're good.
>>
eyebrows and voice.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.