[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like to be a hon? Do they typically suffer from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1492134716321.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492134716321.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What's it like to be a hon? Do they typically suffer from dysphoria, or are they just cis crossdressers?

I wish I could be as happy as them, honestly, even if they look a million times worse. How do they manage it?
>>
>>8126992
And also, how do they manage to work up the courage to present as female without feeling shame? Or discouraged from not passing?
>>
>>8126992
Because they knew from the beginning they would fail, they never expected to be treated like women. Whereas BDD early transitioners who fail thought they actually had a chance.
>>
>>8127000
eventually the dysphoria overpowers the shame and you just stop pretending and essentially act and behave as if you passed perfectly
>>
>>8127008
I knew I never had a chance so I never tried tbqh.
t. late transitioner
>>
>>8127008
> knew from the beginning they would fail, they never expected to be treated like women
But then, why transition if you know it's doomed to failure? Personally, being treated as a "man in a dress" is a far worse fate than not transitioning at all. Just thinking about it makes me dysphoric.
>>
It's that or killing yourself, not everyone wants to do that, you know.
>>
>>8127089
Because hons have a far different mentality from us, that's why they're willing to post pictures that we would never dream of exposing to the world.
>>
>>8127183
In what ways does their mentality differ? At what point in one's life does this mentality develop?
>>
>>8127262
It's probably somewhere in the 30s or 40s when you snap for good.
>>
>>8127089
Because passing is not failure. The only failure is in not taking care of your dysphoria. People don't transition to comfort others, they transition to comfort themselves (as a general rule) and sometimes the medicine you need isn't pretty to everyone else.

You're basically asking the equivalent of 'how can a person with a prosthetic limb go out when it looks fake' or 'how can a person with a colostomy bag go out'.

Also, it's virtually impossible to repress for life. Back when almost literally everyone repressed, it was vaguely more doable. But with others around 'allowed' to cure their dysphoria, repression is almost always going to fail (as it should, it's like 'repressing' cancer).
>>
>>8127277
>The only failure is in not taking care of your dysphoria.

How could you not still be dysphoric if you don't pass? I "pass" and I'm probably still going to be dysphoric until the day I die, there's no actual cure for dysphoria.
>>
>>8127296
Well it's about the effectiveness of the treatment. An orchi isn't a cure, but it sure helped a lot. The dysphoria isn't gone, but a percentage of it is gone. Plenty of people live with chronic medical and mental problems. Just because you can't cure your condition doesn't mean you can't treat the symptoms enough to get on with your life.
>>
>>8127326
Not who you replied to, but wouldn't not passing just lead to increased dysphoria? I'd rather be treated like a man than as a man in the dress, personally.
>>
>>8127345
I don't know if I'm a proper hon. 21 is considered "late transitioner" around these parts. But I can count the number of times I was treated like a man in a dress on one hand. Probably helps that I don't wear dresses. Wouldn't want to be too conspicuous. Are you really that invested in what strangers think of you? I think it's way more important that you surround yourself with supportive family (blood or otherwise) and friends who know the real you. It's not a hugbox; it's your tribe.
>>
File: 1449717232329.png (189KB, 994x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1449717232329.png
189KB, 994x1020px
>>8126992
>What's it like to be a hon? Do they typically suffer from dysphoria, or are they just cis crossdressers?

It fucking sucks sometimes. I normally just stay dressed as male and people assume that I am 18 or something. Ive had dysphoria for most of my life ( I cant really speak for other hons though). I didn't know what it was until I was around 24.

>I wish I could be as happy as them, honestly, even if they look a million times worse. How do they manage it?

I feel like we are working on two different definitions of the word Hon.
>>
>>8127409
>Are you really that invested in what strangers think of you?
Problem is that people will treat you like shit if you don't pass, potentially even assaulting or killing you.

Also,
>tfw no supportive family or friends
>tfw don't even have friends
;_;

>>8128569
>I feel like we are working on two different definitions of the word Hon.
What do you mean? I guess I meant to refer to the older, traditional hons. How do you define hon? What's your experience? What sucks?
>>
>>8128681
>assaulting or killing you
Unless you live in Louisiana or Brazil, I think you'll be alright.
>>
>>8128759
uhmmm, you say that but passing transwomen get murdered in places like Philadelphia and Seattle.
>>
>>8129490
yeah if they don't let people they have relations (usually sexual) with know they are trans.

I know murder is always wrong but trans women are stupid with this sometimes
>>
>>8126992
not only are hons dysphoric, a subset of hons believe that they are the only trutrans and everyone else is a nondysphoric fake
these hons created something called the 'harry benjamin syndrome' movement (named after harry benjamin, one of the first doctors to research transsexualism), discussed/made fun of here:
https://zagria.blogspot.com.au/2010/06/rose-whites-harry-benjamin-syndrome.html
they are also massively overrepresented amongst blanchard's opponents, because they think agp calls them falsetrans (because they call other agps falsetrans) and are offended by the implication they aren't the one and only trutrans
an example of this type of hon that /tttt/ is very familiar with would be the writer of the 'so you want to be a t-girl' series, known for naming the concept of 'your bell ringing'
>>
>>8129490
I live 30 minutes from Philly. I go there all the time, even at night. Never been murdered once. Sometimes people ask me where to find weed though, which is weird. Do I look like somebody who knows how to score weed? Maybe it's the ponchos...
>>
File: 1449114152098.gif (524KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
1449114152098.gif
524KB, 500x620px
>>8129572
>She and others use BLZB, sometimes expanded to Beelzebub, which means Blanchard, Lawrence, Zucker and Bailey. Rose sometimes writes as if this were one person or one thing.

This can't be real.
>>
>>8129572

>zhe hasn't heard zhir bell ring

Faketrans detected.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.