[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when someone constantly invalidates your gender?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (22KB, 581x581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 581x581px
What do you do when someone constantly invalidates your gender?
I have a close friend who I've said "don't call me girl" idk at least a dozen times since we've been friends for a year.
He used to call me a lesbian a ton, and always makes comments I don't want to hear like if i talk about a girl I like, he'll say "don't forget to bring your strap on!" and yesterday he was talking about how if I joined the military, there'd be a lot of desperate dudes that I'd need to punch.

I'm a trans guy and don't look feminine at all. This friend admitted to liking me, so is he kind of idealizing me in his eyes or something? Anyways it's really demeaning to me and I can't tell him to stop because I already have so many times.
>>
>>8126685
rape his boipucci
>>
He has the sense of humor of an old man. He is just dumb. If you show complete indifference it will hurt his feelings more than if you "did" something. He is trying to manipulate you emotionally so why not take it to the next level?

You should have sex with him and right as he's about to cum, call him a faggot.
>>
>>8126685
You're a man now. Establish a pecking order. Put him in his fucking place.
>>
>>8126730
How do you know he's trying to manipulate me; what would he get from it?
Lately I've tried just not acknowledging it if he says "she" or "girl" but it doesn't stop him from doing it.
Also I'm not gay.
>>
Just stop being his friend you idiot
>>
>>8126748
Do people really do this just over misgendering? It hurts me a lot but still
>>
>>8126746
>Also I'm not gay.

All cis 'straight' men are at least 10% bi, you're no exception.
>>
>>8126763
>just over misgendering
It doesn't matter what the reason

Is your friend hurting you emotionally or psychologically? Is this a regular occurrence? Do the benefits of your friendship outweigh this pain? That's how you determine if it's worth staying friends with him or not.

Spoiler: He doesn't misgender you from his point of view. He sees you as a girl, that's why he misgenders you. If he genders you correctly, he'd only be doing it to be polite and would actually be lying from his point of view. It's unrealistic and unfair of you to expect him to change. Just find a friend who actually supports you and is understanding, there's billions of humans on this planet.
>>
>>8126767
Alright well I'm still not fucking him, that's gross. I want reel advice
>>
>>8126685
He does want to fuck you in a vagina and he does idealize you as he wants you to be. Nonetheless, Why won't you let yourself be considered feminine ? What's the big deal ? Can't you consider yourself as simply human w/o the question of gender ?
>>
>>8126792
How is it unrealistic or unfair for him to see me as I am? I repeat that I don't look like a girl, haven't gotten a compliment saying I'm pretty and guys never flirt with me. I don't have a beard yet but I'm not a fucking girl, so what's unrealistic about at least not using "she" while talking about me?
>>
>>8126805
Because your definition of who you are and his definition of who you are are in direct contradiction. You see yourself as a man and he sees you as a woman. You are allowed to see yourself as a man just as he is allowed to not see you as a man. That's life.
>>
>>8126734
Phallic-aggressive scum
>>
>>8126793
Well he is either repressing his attraction to you or his own insecurity about his stupid body. So you could leave him be and he would still suffer just by being so stupid. If you let him know it bothers you, you're just inviting him to pull some stupid shit like backpedal or try to argue politics or whatever.

You COULD just be like "Look man, don't make me tell you again, If you have any respect for me at all." But you're saying that hasn't worked.
>>
>>8126810
I don't really know how to argue that tbqh. But if someone looks like a man and is trying their hardest to present as one under the circumstances, I don't see how it is harmful to respect their pronouns at the very least.
Bonus, any way to get him to not see me as a woman?

>>8126812
Phallic-aggressive?
>>
>>8126805
That depends a lot of what you call a man and what you call a woman
>>
>>8126821
>I don't see how it is harmful to respect their pronouns at the very least.
I don't either, I'm trans and I am on your side. In a perfect world, people would be understanding of trans issues.

We don't live in a perfect world, we live in the real world. You have to be pragmatic, you have to accept that people won't accept you as you are.

It's wrong of him to misgender you when he knows your situation. It's also wrong of you to attempt to FORCE him to use your pronouns when he doesn't want to. You could easily find tons of people who will actually have no issue gendering you correctly so why not just do that instead of trying (and probably failing) to change someone?
>>
>>8126834
I care about him a lot, he's the only one I can relate to. I think I even love him, but don't want sex (that I'm 100% sure of) so can't really just "find other friends". I get you can't change people, but how can you make them be more accepting?
If I asked anyone else they would likely call me a guy.
>>
>>8126843
Be honest

Are you under 18?
>>
>>8126843
Most freudian love-hate relationship i've seen in years
>>
>>8126849
No, I'm 18 but still in high school. I guess I won't have to worry about it in college but it hurts so bad now
>inb4 drama queen
>>
>>8126859
You might be leading the poor guy on.
>>
>>8126859
Which country, if u don't mind me asking ?
>>
>>8126843
Why don't you be a fucking a man and tell him that he needs to gender you properly if you want to stay friends? How hard is that? And then actually stick to your guns, if he doesn't do it, don't be friends with him. This leads to

>he realizes his mistake and comes back and agrees to gender you properly
or
>you're no longer friends and better off for it

You're an idiot if you think you NEED a single friend from high school. If you love him and don't want to have sex with him you don't love him, you just feel that way because he's apparently your only 'real' friend. And because he's your only 'real' friend, you're a pussy and don't stick up for yourself
>>
>>8126873
violent. but quite true.
>>
>>8126873
This is very accurate, especially because yeah he's my only real friend. The problem is I have done this, and he usually sticks to it for a few days/weeks but then goes back to misgendering me. It feels like a lost cause.
>>8126866
Nah I'm very clear about my feelings. I guess maybe sometimes our hugs linger and stuff but this is because I'm lonely too, just not into men. He still doesn't see me as a man so clearly doesn't respect me; I wouldn't try to touch another man ever really except maybe a handshake or one second hug.
>>
>>8126907
>It feels like a lost cause.
Then he IS a lost cause
>>
>>8126685
You stop talking to them.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.