[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So here's a question for y'all, I'm a straight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: boredlogride.jpg (164KB, 554x785px) Image search: [Google]
boredlogride.jpg
164KB, 554x785px
So here's a question for y'all, I'm a straight guy (inb4 get out reee etc), but I've been pretty good friends with this girl for years now; neighbors, childhood friends, went to same school/high school and now University. Thing is she's lesbian as all hell, but still won't come out to her family about it, and she still tries to use me as her beard (or, whatever the male version of that is) around them. That's been going on since like grade 9, when she first came out to me. My reaction to that was "Yeah no shit" because to me it was always super obvious, like, to the point where I was giving her tips on how to check out girls without creeping them too badly and shit like that

I went along with it at first, because she's been a good friend to me and I know that coming out shit is super personal and everything, but honestly at this point it's just getting tiring, plus it's starting to really fuck with my own relationships. It's also probably hell for her too at this point as well, keeping that shit bottled up for so long.

Should I convince her to just come out fully now? How would I do that? Poor girl is so deep in the closet she's probably almost at Narnia.
>>
>>8126500
This is a weird question but do you have deep down fantasies to fuck her?
>>
>>8126500
are you guys past high school now? is her family christian and/or conservative?
if no to one or more of the above, just let her stay in the closet because it's the safest place for her. if she's past high school and moved out and in a relatively accepting area, she can start slowly coming out to more people and might just need your encouragement or to talk about it with someone.
>>
>>8126542
>if no to one or more of the above,
i worded that incorrectly
if you guys aren't past high school OR her family is christian and/or conservative, let her stay in the closet and don't pressure her*
>>
>she has to come out
And have her life ruined?
nah, girl made the right decision to live in Narnia.
Coming out is a meme that translates to "endless suffering by the hands of breeders" in ancient ghanaian.

And you wish such a fate upon her?
Does she know that her childhood friend wants to see her suffer?
>>
>>8126519
Naw, we tried dating before she came out and honestly it felt like kissing a sister or something. Dating her in general was probably a mistake because I strongly suspected she was gay before, but sorta wanted to give it a shot anyways.

>>8126542
We are in University, don't know too much about her family really but every time I've seen them they seemed pretty chill. Then again who knows what people act like behind closed doors.

>>8126562
If I let her stay in Narnia, how to I get her to stop treating me like a beard? She keeps pretending to flirt with me around her brother and shit. Like I don't mind helping her, but it sorta puts me in an odd situation with my actual gf ya know?
>>
>>8126804
Is it a university in an accepting area? If so then I don't think it's uncalled for to talk to her about it. You could at least tell her you're uncomfortable with her pretending to be in a relationship with you, which is totally fair. Talk to her about her family/why she hasn't told them?
Also she could make an okcupid or a tinder or something and look for a qt3.14 gf
>>
>>8126804
>how to I get her to stop treating me like a beard?
Get her a gay friend that's as much a closet case as she is.
>>
>>8126818
Uhh, probably? To be honest I have no idea how accepting my town is, but there's pride shit everywhere on campus and a gay bar not that far from it either. There's LGBT support groups on the campus as well, which I told her to join but she's still living at home and thinks that world make it obvious or something, I dunno.
>>
>>8126856
i would just bring it up to her and talk to her then. ask if her she's looking for a gf/found a gf yet or something and then from there elaborate on what you want to say to her and encourage her to go to the gay bar/lgbt group/make an okcupid/etc something and that you're not comfortable with her acting like she's dating you anymore. none of that would be out of line. especially the part about you being uncomfortable.
>>
>>8126877
Should I like take her out to the gay bar? She doesn't really have any other close friends anymore, and I strongly doubt she would go there by herself. Then again I can't really like, wingman for her anything, also I have no idea what that place is like anyways, in terms of crowd or atmosphere (we live in a rather small town, 200k ish population).
>>
>>8126500
>I know that coming out shit is super personal and everything, but honestly at this point it's just getting tiring, plus it's starting to really fuck with my own relationships.
I don't see why she has to come out when just "breaking up" with her is an option. She can just tell people she wants to be single and focus on her studies, etc.
You don't have to be her beard especially when you'd rather have a real relationship.

>>8126804
>We are in University, don't know too much about her family really but every time I've seen them they seemed pretty chill. Then again who knows what people act like behind closed doors.
Just don't out her to her parents.
They could be helping her pay for college, and if she's outed they're capable of pulling funds. The thing to worry about in this case is usually financial independence.
>>
>>8126990
ask her if she wants to go? even if you don't wingman for her, just being there with her might make her more comfortable and in places like that in geral.
>>
>>8127630
>Just don't out her to her parents.
>They could be helping her pay for college, and if she's outed they're capable of pulling funds. The thing to worry about in this case is usually financial independence.

Shit, never thought of that. Like, I dunno if they were capable of doing something like that but again, I don't really know them that well despite being neighbors and shit for a while.

But yeah this beard shit does have to stop one way or another, hopefully in a way that doesn't get her too mad or anything because she is a fun person to be around.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.