[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people argue that you cannot be trans if you're AGP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1492433223186.gif (2MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492433223186.gif
2MB, 800x800px
Why do people argue that you cannot be trans if you're AGP?

I mean, it seems to me that people like Blanchard should be arguing whether AGP benefit from transition or not? Categorisation seems completely arbitrary and unimportant if there's no conclusion about how the different categories should be treated
>>
>I mean, it seems to me that people like Blanchard should be arguing whether AGP benefit from transition or not?

He has argued that, for decades. Most people who talk about AGP have read none of the literature about it.
>>
>>8124665
>if there's no conclusion about how the different categories should be treated
There's huge differences in how they should be treated!
>>
>>8124665
If we're following Blanchard's model, shouldn't AGPs be the ones benefiting from transition the most? Since they're usually the ones having strong body dysforia and seeking SRS.
On the other hand, it can be argued that transitioning for HSTS is akin to conversion therapy, since they're basically feminine gay men misguided by sexist and heteronormative stereotypes.
>>
>>8125203
In a more tolerant world no HSTS would be dysphoric.
>>
>>8125241
I can't speak from experience but feminine men are tolerated where I live. Shit, every single waiter at my local Don Pablos is so gay, they float to your table. I knew one gay kid, who was discriminated against, but it was for being black.

It's tiring having to listen to the same story about the sad LGBT person who grew up in the movie Deliverance and has problems fitting in because everyone in their town eats roadkill for dinner and fuck their sisters.
>>
>>8124665
>Blanchard makes a categorization of trans women and includes agp as one type
>never suggests dysphoric agps should not transition
>somehow everyone thinks Blanchard hates agps and says they shouldn't be allowed to transition
Really makes one think
>>
>>8125288
You know why, right?

Their own biases. They see AGPs described neutrally and they project their stigma towards that description onto everyone who believes it.
>>
Transitioning shouldn't be about AGP, at least that's what I think about it. Though that implies I give a shit what anyone else does.
>>
File: 1492083095890.jpg (40KB, 594x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492083095890.jpg
40KB, 594x360px
>>8125288
>somehow everyone thinks Blanchard hates agps
>>
>>8125582
AGP is not an insult
>>
>>8125716
The issue is that it's saying they aren't trans. But he's not endorsing it entirely, just retweeting it.
>>
>>8125241

I don't know, I still think very effeminate men have a desire to be girly and dress girly. And they probably imagine being "the girl" in a relationship. Maybe they don't have body dypsohira but their "spirit" is probably one that wants to feel female.
>>
>>8125737
Dressing girly and being the girl in relationships would be divorced from biological sex.
>>
>>8125723
No it's not saying that
>>
File: 1492112581476.png (332KB, 283x420px) Image search: [Google]
1492112581476.png
332KB, 283x420px
>>8125582
>tfw your mom is a good friend of Miranda Yardley and literally didn't allow you to transition because he didn't say you should.

I didn't actually know this person was kinda famous until now

I feel like crying.
>>
>>8126054
You should kill yourself perhaps?
>>
>>8126123
why are you being so mean, friend?
>>
>>8126137
Because you love your mom.
>>
File: faded life.png (152KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
faded life.png
152KB, 500x570px
>>8126146
desu after this I'm not so sure anymore.
>>
>>8124665

He's said that AGPs should be allowed to transition. Keep in mind he doesn't think either type are actually women.

>>8125173

How?

>>8125582

He also retweeted that post about AGPs being the actual trans people because they're the ones who want to be women.
>>
>>8126776
>He's said that AGPs should be allowed to transition. Keep in mind he doesn't think either type are actually women.

ohh
hmmm
well

I mean this doesn't really change anything, but thanks anyway.
>>
>>8125937
>>8126836
What's the problem then?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.