[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do liberal Christians and atheists claim New Testament doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1433388357877.gif (1MB, 275x208px) Image search: [Google]
1433388357877.gif
1MB, 275x208px
Why do liberal Christians and atheists claim New Testament doesn't condemn homosexuality, when it clearly does?
>>
>>8114000
Because religious people believe that God grants them insight into their interpretation of the world, regardless of literal meaning of their holy text.
Hence, disconfirming statements may be scuttled without mental irritation.
>>
>>8114000
>atheists claim
>>
>>8114053
Atheists have a vested interest in destroying Christianity from within
>>
I dunno, anon. Why?
>>
>>8114000
Well, because all the verses quoted as being against homosexuality are really in passages against stuff like rape, in-hospitality and temple fertility rites involving sex. You can't read just one verse and only listen to it. You must read all the verses in a passage and understand them in context.
>>
Stupid people make stupid claims because they are stupid.
>>
>>8114000
why do you care?
>>
>>8114690
Why don't you?
>>
>>8114000
Because they aren't real Christians. I believe in Jesus Christ, old and New Testament. If a man lies with another man both should be killed
>>
Christians aren't throwing gays off roofs
>>
>>8114000
If yours says otherwise then read the NEW new testament
>>
>>8115911
Make sure it is an accurate translation.

everybody read:
http://www.newsweek.com/2015/01/02/thats-not-what-bible-says-294018.html
>>
Why do people think they can claim to be good Christians when they pick and choose what is relevant today and what is "allegorical" or not relevant based on whether or not it's convenient to them?
Why is "homosexuality is a sin" considered correct and must be followed but all the shit along the lines of "women must be subjugated to men" and "thou shalt keep the Sabbath holy" is more of a non-essential guideline?
Why do most Christians think the medieval equivalent of religious fan-fiction is canon?
Why is Daytona USA so incredible?
>>
>>8115856
And THAT is why their religion is dying.
>>
>>8114000
Jesus never says anything, just St. Paul that restored old uses Jesus change to basically bunder Judeian people but with a fresh flavor and less Shabbat.
>>
If I recall correctly, one passage was about Jesus blessing a sick boy slave at the request of a roman soldier

the thing being that the original text was allegedly talking about a lover and got mistranlated as he being a slave

so you could say that Jesus was okay with homos
>>
>>8114000

It doesn't condemn homosexuality, it condemns sticking your dick up another man's bum. So if you're homosexual virgin or a lesbian, you're golden. If you're straight but in prison, you're going to hell.
>>
>>8115940
That was really interesting read.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.