[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /stem/ here? Phys/Math major here. I feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: vsauce3.png (590KB, 1044x618px) Image search: [Google]
vsauce3.png
590KB, 1044x618px
Who else /stem/ here?

Phys/Math major here. I feel like a shitty Alan Turing.
>>
>>8100598
Nope, liberal arts brainlet here but I might get another degree in a STEM field once I graduate.
>>
>>8100598
I did liberal arts for two years and now I'm trying to change. Lib arts at a meh-tier school is garbage
>>
>>8100598
Never went to college because I'm not a cuck.
>>
>>8100598
>not being gay and autistic
>not doing research that ends up making shitposting at high speeds a thing
Why live senpai?
>>
>>8100598
I was a math major in my junior year but had to postpone it for things that came up in my life. Hoping to go back this next fall semester and finish but I'm still not sure if that's a pipedream or not.
>>
>>8100598
im a IT major in my senior year but i still havent fucked a computer tho :/
>>
Chemistry major checking in
>>
>>8100598
finished computer science degree because I liked programming in high school
but I just want to work now so I can build money do art shit

I think liberal arts >>> stem in the grand scheme of life though
>>
>>8102346
explain your reasoning? Liberal arts people might have better social lives but most are dumb as nuts.

although tbf I would happily take a 20 pt cut in IQ for a normal social life ;_;
>>
Biochemistry, but wished that I did not let my mother control my life and did computer science and/or electrical engineering instead.
>>
>>8100706
Might as well, its not like you are going to have a job after graduation.
>>
>>8100598
I did my undergrad in chemistry. It's a bitch and a half to get into grad programs though.
Pretty sure I'm just going to get into industrial chem and start selling shit on molport lol
>>
>>8102436
>although tbf I would happily take a 20 pt cut in IQ for a normal social life ;_;
thats pretty much what I mean lol

I think social life is pretty important
maybe it's just a grass is much greener thing but
I think I've lost a couple years off my life due to stress, depression and isolation from painting myself into the corner of "being smart" and separating myself from other people without giving them a chance

it seems like with a strong network of people to support you and piggyback off you only have to be smart enough to know someone else, and I think if i was dumber and less introspective I'd be more confident to just try more things, fail and build experience faster
>>
>>8100598
electrical and electronic engineer.
Guess my Letter
>>
File: Felix.Argyle.full.2033515.jpg (805KB, 1350x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Felix.Argyle.full.2033515.jpg
805KB, 1350x1800px
>>8102719
G, as engineers are typically homosexual weeaboos that jack off to Felix Argyle, according to >>>/sci/.
>>
>>8100598

bi/femboy/ftm grad student in pchem

how do you balance being a huge faggot and professionalism
>>
>>8102732
Bi, male, Non-weeb. you were half right i guess
>>
File: pwf-w.jpg (122KB, 940x1411px) Image search: [Google]
pwf-w.jpg
122KB, 940x1411px
>>8102737
By dressing in androgynous style.
>>
>>8102645

only if you're trying for Top 10

Top 50 is medium difficulty

Top 100 is easy mode

You could easily get into a rank 50-100 program with a 2.7-3.0 GPA
>>
>>8102732
Traps are gay, and the gays need to burn.
>>
>>8102747
I don't really have the money to do it anyway. I want to get into polymer research but I originally went into it to get involved in big industrial chem type projects. But those are mostly nonexistent in north america now. But I can still do it as a hobby. My current project is building a chlor-alkali cell since I have some nafion membrane.
Ultimately my goal is to sell chemicals on molport but I have a feeling it's not exactly profitable.
>>
>>8102772
Have you tried UF? They have a big graduate program and are trying to do more with polymer research. You get free tuition + $23000/year teaching assistantship.
>>
>>8100598
Tranny Biology grad here, I'm thinking of doing post grad in even pharmacology. But i will probably end up doing cyber security first
>>
gay, software engineering
>>
>>8102815
you make my software................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................hardware
>>
>>8102797
Where's UF? I'm not from the US. I'm assuming UF is in florida?
>>
>>8100598
UK bot studying physics maths and computing here

Gonna go of to uni soon to do maths, not sure if I should of done physics instead, but I love both anyway

wish I took further maths though, I've self taught myself up to fp2 in preparation, I'm going to try skimming through fp3 over the break
>>
>>8103235
Yes
The US has a lot of really good schools though, I think it's the best country in the world to study science, with the UK in second. You should come here.
>>
Who is /socialscience/ in here?
Developmental economics
>>
>>8100598
>>8100598
Environmental "science" major(*). Formerly a physics major. OP, are there as many gays in the department at your school as there were at mine?

(*): I actually like this field, as much as I shit on it. It's applied science, not "pure" science, but I think it's important...it's a cause that I believe in. And it means that I'll get to live somewhere cool in the middle of nowhere when I work for the forest service or whatever.
>>
liberal arts but at a good school so im ok with it
>>
>>8102686
It's important to you as an individual, but as that non-STEM individual (not you I mean generic) you're unimportant to the human race.
>>
>>8108301
That's not STEM lol
>>
>>8108311
wow really?!
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.