[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you thoughts on androgyny, androsexual, and essentially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
What are you thoughts on androgyny, androsexual, and essentially people who belive in the whole 63 genders. My personal thoughts is that I think its bullshit.
>>
>>8096412
I don't care. It has no impact on my life what people identify as. If someone says they want to be referred to as Glibflab the Defender of Earth, I will do so. This sort of shit just triggers sensitive people who have no real problems to be upset about in their lives, so they get arbitrarily triggered over what someone else calls themselves to have something to stand for and feel important about.
>>
I just don't like it because now adays it feels like people are using that excuse to be special snow flakes, just wanted some insight on the topic, thanks.
>>
>Genderfluid
Does this imply that you can liquify and then solidify into another gender? That's some X-Men shit right there bruv.
>>
>>8096478
People can use any excuse to be special snowflakes throughout the entire spectrum of human experience. Singling out these people as a demographic just serves to virtue signal for a specific political goal or narrative.
>>
>>8096412
Go away. You people are retarded.
No one claims that 63 genders exist except for 3 teenage girls on tumblr.
>>
>>8096447
Seems more like people with self-applied labels like "nonbinary genderfluid demiboy" make themselves impossible to interact with by being hypersensitive about their incredibly abstract identities
>>
It doesn't bother me. I think ultimately we're going to wind up with a 3rd neutral/"other" gender, and refer to people who fall into it as "they". I'm seeing it happen already and while it will take a while for it to become the common thing, it seems to me like it's gonna happen in the next few decades. It's at least going to gain traction in trans circles and probably lgbt circles even if it never spreads outside of that. I think "they" is going to gradually become the most polite way to refer to a third person with whom one is not familiar, similar how "-person" has taken over from "-man" in most polite speech (in English anyway)

All of these different versions of it is just a combination of people trying to invent new terminology, which is always going to start off with a bunch of extra words that eventually die out, plus people who just like to divide things up into infinite categories and particularities, which is autism, and also something that kids and teenagers like to do. If you're someone who cares that much about it then you can talk to other people who know all the terminology and you will find it useful for your conversations. If you're someone who doesn't care then you will probably just call them "nonbinary" (or whatever term society ends up settling on), call them "they" and leave it at that.

I can't see it as bullshit because a "third sex" is always popping up in different time periods and different cultures around the world, whether it just means gay people, trans people, gender non conforming people, or something else, it's something that comes up in alot of societies, enough that I don't see how it's a problem for American society to create a way to refer to it politely and for people to belong to it. As long as it's considered a fringey outcast thing, then only the people weird/priviliged/brave enough to do it are going to. But if it becomes normal, more normal and boring people will do it too, and I don't really see how it could be a problem.
>>
>>8096628
Also I agree with this >>8096565

Nobody I have met IRL who identifies as something other than male/female is as much of an asshole as people online always seem to be assuming. They tend not to be super open about it, and when they are, it's in a polite way that shows that they obviously understand they are outside of the norm and that it takes kindness and humbleness to be understood and accepted and that they are not going to be accepted everywhere. And when they find themselves among a group of people who accepts them, guess what, nothing crazy happens. Similar argument to how when gays get married somewhere, it does nothing to affect me. If I call someone "them" at their request, who is that hurting exactly?

Also, if someone's motivation for something is "wanting attention" I don't really see that as a problem anyway, when it does nothing to hurt anyone.
>>
>>8096609
I interact with people like that just fine with no issue. I guess I'm just polite and easygoing. I've seen people openly harass and goad them though, then act like they're the victim of censorship or some other histrionic nonsense when the trans person or gender whatever rolls their eyes or something. Typically it's the edgy types you can tell have rehearsed their "special snowflake" speeches online in the hopes they'd run into a gender non-conforming person to use it on. It's pretty cringeworthy to watch, and afterwards when they wander off all smug, I usually buy the genderwhatever a beer or something for having to deal with it.
>>
>>8096649
This
Also the people who actually want attention are usually those bashing on
>63 genders bullshit
They claim it's some huge sjw epidemic but I've only seen it once in real life (one guy who wanted to be called "they"), 0 times on the internet
>>
some people seem to interpret gender as this very complex feeling and Thing thats supposed to summarize exactly who they are as a person. honestly i dont really get the point of gender, but i dont make a deal out of it and just use the pronouns they request. unless they use some obscure custom pronouns, then i wont talk to them at all because i cant even remember them
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.