[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /LGBT/ feel about their birthname? (All of LGBT, not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: 71e.jpg (37KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
71e.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
How does /LGBT/ feel about their birthname? (All of LGBT, not just trannies)
I hated it waaaayyyy before I even knew I was trans. Like absolutely fucking hated it. Then this one song came out when I was in middle school and my hatred for it grew into an all consuming, white hot flame inside me whenever I heard it. It still irks me that the process to change my name is so convoluted that it will take me a while to ever actually change my name.
Anyone else have a thing with your birthname?
Do you actually like it?
Do you have any nicknames that make in bearable?
>>
>>8093182
It's a perfectly fine name. For a while I used an androgynous nickname but it was stupid.
>>
>>8093194
How was the nickname stupid and why'd you go for an androgynous one?
>>
>>8093234
It was just ill fitting. I used it until I socially transitioned to smooth the process a bit.
>>
>>8093182
Meh, it's just a name. It's mine but I don't particularly identify with it. I'd rather have a unisex one because I wish I was a girl, but I haven't managed to pick a single unisex or female name that feels me.
>>
I went to ridiculous lengths to never say it as a kid, it just felt totally out of place. Contracted really really nicely with the gender flipped, though.
>>
love my male name, idk why
I feel a really strong connection to it
I wish it was androgynous so I could present female while using it
>>
I have a girl's name because my parents are stupid. I've thought about changing it because it's a fucking snowflake name that nobody in the western hemisphere has. I really want to change my first AND last name, cut out my middle names, get a new social security number, move, get plastic surgery, and pretend that the first 20 years of my life didn't happen.
>>
>>8093182

>How does /LGBT/ feel about their birthname?

I never felt anything towards it. It was just a name to me. I had an assignment once in elementary school and again in high school about what my name means to me and I said it just didn't have any significance. I probably also said I don't see why anyone would attach significance to their own name. It's only recently when I started looking over school work from when I was young that I started getting bothered by my name. The fact my name was how I was represented to people. That I was a male in everyone's minds for so many years, bothers me.

>It still irks me that the process to change my name is so convoluted that it will take me a while to ever actually change my name.

What's so convoluted about the process? It seems pretty simple to me, if incredibly annoying for the requirement to publish notices of the name change. I'm also wondering if your name is Scotty or Stacy. Though Scotty to Hotty is a nice rhyme.
>>
>>8093312
If you pass you could pretend it's short for a female name? Charlie for Charlotte, etc. That's a common thing for girls now.
>>
>>8093331
its ben
I thought about Benni maybe but idk I'm really not cute enough to pull it off
>>
>>8093313
>I have a girl's name because my parents are stupid.
Sounds like one of my trap stories.
>>
>>8093353
Just go full Ben. If you pass it won't matter.
>>
>>8093371
My parents decided to give me a name from a culture that we're not a part of not realizing that it's actually a girls name so every time I meet someone from india or pakistan they do a double take at me.
>>
>>8093353
Benjamina?
>>
>>8093387
thats fucking retarded. just something starting with b would be fine
>>
>>8093386
>a name from a culture that we're not a part of
But why?! That does sound stupid, especially without even learning about the name. How did they even know it existed without knowing which gender it was?
>>
>>8093387
Ben. Just Ben.
>>
>>8093396
I legit don't know but I feel like they just had a book of exotic names and just opened it to a random page and went "that one". It doesn't really matter that much though. Although I still think about changing it, if for no other reason that it's retarded.
>>
>>8093182
My name is Daniel.
It's not the worst but I don't really affiliate with my catholic heritage, the poltard in me almost feels like it's a Jewish slave name.
People have called me Dan and Danny over the years and I really tried to stop going by Daniel in highschool. People I knew in middle school still call me Daniel. People a year younger then me call me Danny but most people call me Dan B.
Even now in my adult life hearing my full name makes me feel like I'm in trouble so yea I don't really care for it. But if I had another name with a short form to go by I'd probably hate it too.
>>
>>8093324
>What's so convoluted about the process?

Its made convoluted by not wanting to tell my parents Im trans.
I need a copy of my birth certificate, I need two witnesses who will attest to my character, I need to have the announcement posted on the front of the courthouse and in the paper for a certain amount of weeks( my stepdad and mom read that) before its looked at and reviewed by a judge who has ultimate veto power over it. A judge, in a small town, in north Carolina.

> I'm also wondering if your name is Scotty or Stacy. Though Scotty to Hotty is a nice rhyme.

Nope. Not even close. Its both generic and ethnic. Usually reserved for negative stereotypes and the song in question was released by an actually really good R&B singer. I feel my blood boil just thinking about it.
>>
>>8093467
Ella Mayo. Just burn your papers and go to thailand to get plastic surgery. Then illegally "immigrate" to the US and change your name on your amnesty paperwork.
>>
>>8093481
The way america is treating immigrants, Id be better off staying here and just trying to live with my birth name after getting ffs and electrolysis.
Also, where the fuck am I going to get the money to go anywhere outside the us let alone plastic surgery?
>>
>>8093387
lol terrible

>>8093379
idk if I'll ever be able to break past looking like a femboy
people on here say I pass for some reason but I'm treated 100% like a dude in real life and I don't even try wearing female clothing or makeup or anything
>>
>>8093611
>and I don't even try wearing female clothing makeup etc

HMMMMM I WONDER WHY YOU GET SIRED ALL THE TIME?

The 3 most important pars of passing are

>eye brows
>voice and speech pattern
>mannerisms

If you have these 3 on lock then you can get ma'amed wearing pretty much anything as long as you aren't chad thundercock.
>>
>>8093653
How do you do eyebrows?
>>
>>8093723
this
>>
File: 20170408_17460555.jpg (67KB, 713x324px) Image search: [Google]
20170408_17460555.jpg
67KB, 713x324px
>>8093653
idk r8 eyebrows
my sister has told me she's jealous of them and she doesn't know I want to be female (or at least we've never talked about it)
im not sure if thinner would look better or how much thinner
>>
>>8093461
Why does it make you feel like you're in trouble if it's what you're commonly called?
>>
>>8093182
Same here OP
People used the feminine version and I'd pretend to be upset whilst smiling on the inside
or they'd use a gender neutral abbreviation of it
We all thought I was just another gayboy
The 90s sucked
>>
File: 1444072107172.png (69KB, 288x262px) Image search: [Google]
1444072107172.png
69KB, 288x262px
Felix is a fairly good name, I like that my parents made effort to not give me a complete normie name that also wasn't snowflake. Just didn't work out genderwise.
Though as is, hearing it makes me anxious out of association, I won't miss it.
>>
File: 1483860978784.jpg (472KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483860978784.jpg
472KB, 1920x1200px
that feeling when you were named Morgan and MtF just really fucking worked out for you and you dont even have to change it and in school everyone thought you were female before meeting you XD
>>
>>8093182
I like my name. I'd change my first name just slightly but my middle name is perfect. Just a simple "Jessica" to "Jessie" and I'm all good.
>>
I hated it, got named after some footballer. Got my new name from what my boyfriend prevers to call me wich is Rina.
>>
>>8094130
You look pretty
>>
>>8093467

>Its made convoluted by not wanting to tell my parents Im trans.

What? How can you be ready to go full-time if you're not able to tell your parents? It's like saying you can lift 250 lbs and then saying you can't lift 100 lbs.

The process here in NJ is like this.
>Fill out court forms
>File them with the court clerk
>Publish the court date for your name change hearing in the newspaper assigned to you
>Send confirmation it was published from the newspaper to the court so they know you're not bullshitting them
>Go to court on your court date
>Publish the judge's decision in the newspaper assigned to you
>Send the court proof you published again
>Required to send a certified copy of the judgment to the Department of the State Treasury for some reason
>Name change done

At least there is no requirement for character witnesses and the judges here are bound to be liberal. The negative is that the newspapers here are all either owned by one parent company or they have some kind of agreement with each other to run things the same way, and the way they choose to do things is either: have your notice published online or published online and in the newspaper. There is no option to have it run only in print. Having it published in the newspaper does not matter at all to me, but putting it online is too much. So cucked.

But oh boy do I envy those Californians on this.

>Fill out court forms and get affidavit from a doctor saying you underwent appropriate treatment
>File them with the court clerk and get a court date
>Go to court on your court date
>No publishing a single thing because it's to change your gender
>Judge hands you decision
>Name and gender change done
>>
>>8095361
I considered taking Jessica as my replacement but I had come out as Claire to some people and I feel some crazy connection with that name, like it's who I'm supposed to be. The interesting thing is it can be kinda tough to get used to it, just because I'm so used to my old one. Like, I feel giddy and like myself looking at it but calling myself Claire is difficult. I actually respond much much easier to Kate, but it feels very foreign, so I made Katherine my middle name. Wierdly now that I think about it, applying this to my current names I feel the same.

I'm fairly certain this is because I don't look like myself yet, 2mo hrt and I have to take a 2 week break cause I'm out of mones.
>>
>>8093467
>>8095396

I honestly think about writing a letter to one of my state legislators to try to get the name change law changed to be more like California's sometimes. Part of the reason I haven't done it is that I'm not entirely clear on who's my representative despite trying to look for it, and I have to give a name on my letter, but I haven't decided on a name yet. I'm also worried about making it sound professional enough.

I'm sure there are tons of legislators who would get on board with it, because a bill that would allow gender on birth certificates to be changed without SRS was passed in both houses, but didn't make it only because that fat bastard Christie vetoed it twice.

>>8094314

Probably that trope about parents saying their child's full name when they're about to break their head off their shoulders.
>>
>>8095396
Jesus, that process is like something out of Continental Europe.
>>
>>8095401
>I'm also worried about making it sound professional enough.
When the time comes, make a thread about it and see what /tttt/ can draft.
>>
File: IMG_0081.jpg (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
45KB, 480x480px
>>8093182
I was named after my grandfather who was a famous musician like a local celebrity in the town my parents came from. He was respected by everyone and stuff local legend. to bad they're son is actually a girl And is gonna change it....
>>
>>8095396
Wow, even the Californian process is crazy.

>get fingerprints taken, ~80 bucks
>RCMP office uses new name on all documents (even before actual change) because they have to put reason for printing on paperwork
>fill out name change application form
>get form, birth certificate or citizenship certificate, and fingerprinting receipt certified (can be done at ServiceBC office, no court) and sent off
>wait 4-6 weeks for certificate of name change in mail, update IDs manually, no newspaper publishing

Can update gender marker before SRS as well but it's a separate form and may not be approved without doctor's letter before SRS.

What the fuck is wrong with the US?
>>
>>8093182
My first name is the same as a large city in my state. I've gone by a nickname since elementary school just to avoid the terrible jokes.
>>
>>8095470
So is your name is Salt Lake City?
Its Salt Lake City isnt it?
>>
>>8095396
>What? How can you be ready to go full-time if you're not able to tell your parents? It's like saying you can lift 250 lbs and then saying you can't lift 100 lbs.

interestingly enough, my parents are the only ones that dont know. Like all of my friends do.
Im trying to avoid the awfulness and the fallout that may happen when I do. Btw do you know if its possible to have your name changed in a different state?
>>
>>8095563
No it's actually Washington D.C.
>>
File: 1490214585138.jpg (61KB, 599x711px) Image search: [Google]
1490214585138.jpg
61KB, 599x711px
>deadname is Timothy
>name means right hand of god
>am atheistic since young and I hate living in a Catholic house
>there is no female version because women can't "get that close to god" as my mom put it. Can you believe that shit.
>>
File: 619.jpg (57KB, 590x750px) Image search: [Google]
619.jpg
57KB, 590x750px
>>8095426

Yes, it's ridiculous.

And it doesn't stop there! I found out just now from a quick search that there's an online archive of these notices online too!

http://www.njpublicnotices.com/

I can see name changes going as far back as March 2015, but I don't know if that's because that's when they started the archive or because they eventually delete entries.

>>8095432

Thanks, anon. I didn't think of that. I was thinking I would have to depend on my brothers as proofreaders and I wasn't sure they would be much good at it. In part because they're sure to have a lack of interest.

>>8095466

That Canadian process sounds like a breeze. Makes me wonder where you all got something so progressive. Must have been the UK based off of how easy their process seems from a quick look. Since you mentioned the price, California's total is $435 plus a surcharge if you do it in 3 of its 58 counties (there's a waiver for the $435 under certain conditions apparently) and NJ's is $352-$620 depending on how long you run the ads. Neither of those include the cost of hiring a lawyer if you do.

>>8095470

Do you remember any jokes that were made about your name? I had a classmate named Savanna(h?), but that was in Florida instead of Georgia. I also have an uncle named Orlando, but he doesn't live in Florida.

>>8095581

As long as you're a resident there. Too bad I have no other reason to move to California...

>>8095620

More like because Timothy is already as girly as you can make it. The boy version would have to be something like Timothon and then Timothy changed to be the girl form.
>>
File: doctor-doom-20060404035510463.jpg (41KB, 388x169px) Image search: [Google]
doctor-doom-20060404035510463.jpg
41KB, 388x169px
>>8095602
.......I almost believed you.....almost...
>>
>>8095683
>As long as you're a resident there. Too bad I have no other reason to move to California...

I am so tempted to move to California. If it weren't for all the gangs, The high cost of living, the gangs, The possibility of it eventually just falling right the fuck off the us, The gangs, or the city of L.A. Id be seriously considering moving there right now.
>>
>>8093182
I always disliked it when people called me by my birth name, even before realizing I was trans or transitioning. It's the same reaction of disgust I get when misgendered.

Now that I'm transitioned though, I don't mind thinking about my birth name. I still dislike seeing it on old mail and stuff like that, but it's no longer part of my life so I guess I made my peace with it.
>>
>>8095683
>That Canadian process sounds like a breeze. Makes me wonder where you all got something so progressive. Must have been the UK based off of how easy their process seems from a quick look. Since you mentioned the price, California's total is $435 plus a surcharge if you do it in 3 of its 58 counties (there's a waiver for the $435 under certain conditions apparently) and NJ's is $352-$620 depending on how long you run the ads. Neither of those include the cost of hiring a lawyer if you do.
I mean, it's BC, we're just about as tranny-friendly as Portland.

Jeez, they toss half a k on top of the rigamarole? Think in total it cost me ~ 210 since the certified documents and form submission also have a charge, but that's not too bad. Still have to update IDs on my own but I don't really have any of the expensive ones, more interested in getting health number updated so my pharmacy and bloodwork clinic can use the right name, but it's just time consuming, can't do it online argh.
>>
>>8093182
The shortened version of my birth name is both unisex and kind of kickass so it doesn't bother me too much, I almost never use the whole version of it outside of paperwork anyway. Still planning to change it to something completely different once I work up the courage to socially transition though.
>>
>>8093182
my parents are foreign so they didn't know how to pick a good name so I got a really obscure british name that no one knew how to spell
>>
File: Mine.jpg (2MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Mine.jpg
2MB, 1920x1920px
>>8093182
Hated mine enough to change it. All my legal name and gender change stuff is done.
>>
>>8095821

How long ago did you get your name change done?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.