[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please tell me what the deal is with customizable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1484145207980.png (722KB, 742x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484145207980.png
722KB, 742x720px
Can someone please tell me what the deal is with customizable pronouns and fashion genders becoming part of popular culture?

To me it all reeks of obscurantism. Rather than trying to effectively communicate anything true about yourself to other people in the normal way that humans would, you just whip on one of these esoteric labels and berate anyone who doesn't follow along with accusations of erasing your existence.

To be honest, it's been driving me more and more nuts seeing so many otherwise fine people buy into this malarkey. How can it be stopped?
>>
Send Golgo 13 after Milo Stewart.
>>
>>8080216
>Milo
Don't you mean "Quinby"?
>>
>>8080191
it can be stopped with one size fits all
"they them their"
Female
Male
Both
Neither
. these are categories that are sensible when you understand where gender comes from and why aberrations of it are here to stay. once these people have a reliable and sensible method of existing in public society, the buzzwords will fade into the background. depending on real public acceptance or resistance though, we may have to go through retarded meme alphabet soup shit to get to the sensible stuff, just like the french revolution.

All things considered the right constantly tries to erase peoples existance. Excess on the left end is often the same as excess on the right end. and neither will be willing to drop their disgusting fervor and over enthusiasm for polarization in order to get real shit done.

As for why does it actually physically happen?
humans invented this shit all the time. it's called religion. christianity is just another gender; an expression of biological needs of man. Salvation, superiority, and authority. it even has rules divided for each sex. it didn't come from the ether or god, it came from man, and is full of arbitrary rules and ideas that people will defend to the death to be able to express. gender granularity autism is the same thing. it's just less popular and therefore less important.
>>
>>8080400
Oh shit, I hope she isn't seeing this. Don't wanna trigger the non-binary "Gender Euphoric" Tumblr tranny.
>>
File: 1447846331500.jpg (84KB, 914x960px)
1447846331500.jpg
84KB, 914x960px
>>8081236
'he' and 'she' are sensible pronouns that describe the biological reality of sexual dimorphism. We don't need a shorthand to address every facet of personality, or degree of masculinity/femininity, or lack thereof. To me it all reeks of obscurantism. Rather than trying to effectively communicate anything true about yourself to other people in the normal way that humans would, you just whip on one of these esoteric labels and berate anyone who doesn't follow along with accusations of erasing your existence. Your existence can't be erased by other people. It's a silly notion. If someone questions your nutty chosen identity, or if it isn't accepted by society, you don't stop existing.
>>
File: 1462549962980.jpg (49KB, 426x307px)
1462549962980.jpg
49KB, 426x307px
It's the next step of normies appropriating mental conditions they don't actually understand because they don't have them but claim they do.
See:
>mistaking being sad for depression
>mistaking slight discomfort with phobia
>mistaking changing mood with bipolarity and even fucking multiple personality disorder
So basically, people see the trans concept and realize they might fit because they don't conform 100% to their given gender roles. That's how we end up with shit like demi, inter and bi genders. Result is a serious condition gets taken lightly like a fashion accessory ultimately hurting people who are in real distress.
The crushing irony is that the crowd pulling this shit is the same that cries tears of blood over cultural appropriation. The sad thing though is that they've safe-guarded their hypocrisy by making criticism of Tumblr-transism closeminded hatespeak.
>>
>>8081236
>>8082246
"They" only works if you use it for everybody regardless of gender or "non-binary".
>>
>>8082378
>Tumblr-transism closeminded hatespeak.
This isn't tumblr anymore.
>University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration
http://www.ssa.uchicago.edu/contemporary-psychodynamic-trans-and-gender-non-conforming-individuals
>>
>>8080400
She switched back to Milo now.
>>
File: 1466949553702.jpg (40KB, 600x759px)
1466949553702.jpg
40KB, 600x759px
>>8082422
Are people intentionally trying to be the most retarded?
>>
>>8082246
>>8082380
you two are idiots "they" is a gender nuetral pronoun and lots of langauges have had such pronouns for litterally longer than the current set of what might be considered langauge that you are familiar with would have been readable to you.
>>
>>8082378
no, thats just how people in general work.
>>
>>8082442
you must be new here
>>
I can't wait till non-binary is a thing in spanish speaking countries and people misgender themselves. Something like "I'm angry" is either male or female in Spanish. If they want to play the "they/them" game they have to change the whole language
>>
>>8080191
It's essentially the autism of Sonic OC's, Mary Sues and furry avatars applied to someone's real life identity.

Wanting to be special/better than others by making up more and more extravagant claims.
>>
Parents are overprotective pussies, shelter wittle angew into thinking they're the center of the universe, start to realise they're not, go to shitty left wing university, fill the hole with "oppression" and other such garbage.

>>8082437
...So soon? Also, I'd slap Milo's ass.
>>
>>8082595
Doesn't this happen in Japan?
>>
>>8082595
You realise that Latinx shit is the beginning of what you just described, right
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.