[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has there never been a documented early transitioner detransition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_onp2g50VoB1rig9z5o1_1280.jpg (522KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onp2g50VoB1rig9z5o1_1280.jpg
522KB, 1280x1280px
Why has there never been a documented early transitioner detransition case, even though all late transitioners claim that to be a huge risk?
>>
>>8075626
most late transitioners are pure male and can only accept women and consider them their own if they're socialized in a "male" way and act "male" and "not like the other gurllzzzz xD". so of course early transitioners and actual trutrans transitioners experiencing legitimate female socialization scares them.
>>
Probably due to influence from the David Reimer case
>>
>>8075730
so delusion?
>>
>>8075626
There has been >>8075730
>>
>>8075851
jesus christ...
>>
>>8075626
Hstses don't detransition.
>>
>>8075937
>assuming blanchard is correct
>assuming all early transitioners are "hsts"
>>
>>8075937
Eli isn't HSTS though.
>>
>>8075626
>>8075730
Doesn't count FFS. Reimer wasn't dysphoric and never felt like a girl, doctors decided he would be raised as a girl without his input.

Early transitioning is fine because of "the benefit of the doubt". We didn't know, until John Money did what he did, that gender identity was a thing. People thought if you were raised as a girl, you'd feel like one, full stop. What he did had tragic consequences, but allowed the science to move forward and make gender identity a widely accepted thing, making the lives of millions of trans people easier.

Maybe early transition has risks, but there's no proof of that, so just give it the benefit of the doubt. If any kids end up detransitioning, then we'll learned something from that too, and again improve the way we do/diagnose things.

Being anti-early transitioning is not justifiable, it's like being anti-stem cell research. It's fundamentally reactionary.
>>
>>8075941
If Blanchard was wrong we would know by now.

>>8075941
>>8075977
Early transitioning agps are a tiny fraction of early transitioners but theoretically yes there could be an early transitioner who detransitions thanks to them.
>>
>>8075989
>If Blanchard was wrong we would know by now.
That's like saying if Christians were wrong about God we would know by now.
>>
>>8075979
this
>>
File: 2766.jpg (516KB, 697x800px) Image search: [Google]
2766.jpg
516KB, 697x800px
>>8075989

I don't have time to get into a big debate about blanchard / i also think some of his ideas aren't completely unfounded, all I'll say is blanchard's theories have been pretty much rejected by everyone outside a few people on /tttt and small subgroups of the transgender community.
>>
>>8075979
To add:
Anti-early transitioners never explain what the risks are, or what their specific concerns are. Can we discuss this? Here are the only two good counter-arguments against early transitioning (ET) I can think of:

Counterargument 1:
>child gets dysphoria
>transitions as child
>regret
>detransition
No known cases, so this isn't valid (yet).

Counterargument 2:
>child gets dysphoria
>transitions as child
>lives happily ever after, no regrets
>BUT, they would also have grown up happy had they not transitioned, and the dysphoria would have gone away on its own
>implicit assumption is that had the child not been fed "LGBT propaganda" he would never have felt dysphoria in the first place, and transition would never have been necessary.

Counterargument 3 (slightly related):
>childhood dysphoria is much more widespread than actual dysphoria, kids don't really know what they feel
>"wanting to play with dolls doesn't mean they should transition"

Counterarguments 2/3 seems to be /pol/ and late-trannies' implicit assumption, but seems obviously wrong.

Can you people think of any other counterarguments? Am I misrepresenting their counterarguments in any way?
>>
>>8076034
Do we know Christians are wrong about God?

>>8076066
I know. It's shameful.
>>
>>8076083
>implicit assumption is that had the child not been fed "LGBT propaganda" he would never have felt dysphoria in the first place, and transition would never have been necessary.

This annoy me to no end. I lived behind iron curtain. There were no LGBT I didn't know being gay was a thing till I was 16 or something.

But I knew there was something wrong with me wanting to be a girl.
>>
>>8076132
>Do we know Christians are wrong about God?
No, but their belief is equally as valid as if you made up your own god.
>>
>>8076161
>>Do we know Christians are wrong about God?
>No
I think I understand your view on Blanchard now.
>>
>>8076174
Yes, I view his theories akin to religion: made up and undisprovable.
>>
>>8076187
You just said the Christian God isn't wrong.
>>
>>8076219
I don't believe in him, but go ahead, prove with absolute certainty that he is wrong.
>>
>>8076219
You just said that something that's not falsifiable has been falsified.
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>8076257
Kek
>>
>>8076243
>>8076257
One of you doesn't believe but the other thinks that's idiocy. What's going on?
>>
>>8075979
>We didn't know, until John Money did what he did, that gender identity was a thing.
Reimer doesn't prove gender identity.
>>
>>8076404
It proves that gender identity isn't a social construct, but something that: a) you can "intuit" and "know", and b) can't repress.
>>
>>8076478
No it doesn't...
>>
>>8076513
wow you dumb
>>
>>8076513
>...
>>8076620
It's weird how everyone that ever uses ellipses has a low-iq.
>>
>>8075626
She is so effortlessly cool... t.t
>>
>>8076620
>>8076696
That's one way of saying you disagree I guess.
>>
>>8075626
This board has only made me want to be friends with Eli
can we send her a care package /lgbt/? maybe like a jar of dill pickles, a rape whistle (for if caraposter tries anything), a tie, etc
>>
>>8077003
Do you think she'll like it if I write some captions to for her to get off to?
>>
>>8077054
yes but only if they're explicitly AGP themed
>>
>>8077068
There's a different kind of caption?
>>
>>8075626
because they all kill themselves
>>
>>8076513
actually it does do this and that's a good thing for tranus
>>
>>8075989
welcome to the fucking party you neandertal, we do.
>>
>>8077699
this
>>
>>8075626
Wait, is this a picture of Eli biting into a pickle? What does this say about her sexuality?
>>
>>8080921
she has cute sexuality
>>
>>8080977
I wish I had cute sexuality.....

t. commie-chan
>>
>>8080921
It proves she's not a tomgirl after all if she likes it.
>>
File: erlick3.jpg (88KB, 674x1200px) Image search: [Google]
erlick3.jpg
88KB, 674x1200px
>>8076903
>tfw you are too hon to get the tomboy look with suits without appear a man.
>>
>>8080996
Well why don't you?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.