[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are MRAs love-shy men as described in this article? http://

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Shyguy_MP9.png (1MB, 2584x2888px) Image search: [Google]
Shyguy_MP9.png
1MB, 2584x2888px
Are MRAs love-shy men as described in this article?
http://www.crossdreamers.com/2010/03/on-gilmartins-love-shy-men-and-male.html

>Society expects him to be assertive, proactive and adventurous vis-a-vis women. By nature, however, this man finds it extremely hard to live up to this stereotypical image of what it means to be a man. He is shy and introvert and would prefer to play the traditional role of the woman in the game of courtship.
>On the relationship to women and men they often feel women are more privileged than men
>Love-shy men do not identify with the typical male gender role of modern Western society. In fact, they hate it. Gilmartin argues that love-shys usually renounce aspects of the masculine sex-role stereotype.
>All wanted to keep their male genitalia; all wanted to remain as males. However, all deeply envied the perogatives of the female gender and truly believed that these perogatives fitted their own inborn temperaments far more harmoniously than the pattern of behavioral expectations to which males are required to adhere

A lot of these seem to echo MRA complaints and beliefs.
>>
>>8061433
>crossdreamers.com
Not even once.
>>
>>8061433
>Society expects him to be assertive, proactive and adventurous vis-a-vis women. By nature, however, this man finds it extremely hard to live up to this stereotypical image of what it means to be a man. He is shy and introvert and would prefer to play the traditional role of the woman in the game of courtship.
>On the relationship to women and men they often feel women are more privileged than men
>Love-shy men do not identify with the typical male gender role of modern Western society. In fact, they hate it. Gilmartin argues that love-shys usually renounce aspects of the masculine sex-role stereotype.
>All wanted to keep their male genitalia; all wanted to remain as males. However, all deeply envied the perogatives of the female gender and truly believed that these perogatives fitted their own inborn temperaments far more harmoniously than the pattern of behavioral expectations to which males are required to adhere
who gives a shit lol
>>
>>8061519
>who gives a shit lol
The people who suffer those gendered expectations and the people who associate with people who follow them.
>>
These sound like straight males with the temperament of stereotypical gay boys.
>>
>>8061532
oh no what will people think of me, the autist who pretends they are the MC in their own tv show?
>>
>>8061607
What did zey mean by this?
>>
>>8061635
check your tinder, a chaser just swiped right
>>
What does society do about shy, slightly effem young men?

They can't all become cute traps.
>>
>>8062020
Whyever not?
>>
MRAs are love shy, but not due to introversion. Think more like "once bitten, twice shy." Many of them believe women will attempt to take advantage of them and trap them into some sort of child support scheme.
>>
>>8061433
I'm a loveshy introverted AGP and I was into MRA stuff several years ago. Had I been born later i'd probably be a tranny.

>>8061489
I liked that site quite a bit initially when coming to terms with my AGP. The term crossdreaming is great iktf.

>>8062215
The older divorced dudes yes, but there are younger loveshy introvert types who deem society as highly unfair to men.
>>
>>8062024
idk, it'd be cool.
Tranny utopia.
"They want to cure us, and I say WE are the cure!"
(I'm MTF).
>>
>>8066428
TRAP ARMY
Trap empire qt3.14
>>
>>8061433
Why is it that articles like these pop up to diminish or deflect from the actual complaints these guys have?

>oh sweetie, you don't actually feel this way, you're just X

Imagine (or think back) a time when someone told you that you weren't really trans or gay or whatever and spouted some pseudo psychology about what you're actually thinking or feeling. That's what this article is professing to do regarding "MRA" men.

I dont even identity with these guys either, I think they're a bit ridiculous, but they do have some valid points; especially in how unfair divorce and custody can be for men. Despite this, I can see how patronizing and dismissive this is toward their arguments.
>>
>>8066428
Tranny utopia would be fun. The HSTSs would be getting topped by masc AGP amazons. The femme AGPs would probably play with each other.
>>
>>8066924
But I want to be topped by a guy...
>>
>>8066428
>>8066432
we've finally discovered how to make a country even more glorious and short lived then the CNT
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.