[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean when you say your trans and people assume you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: DFBTj0a.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
DFBTj0a.gif
940KB, 627x502px
What does it mean when you say your trans and people assume you're FtM and your really MtF? How should I interpret that?
>>
>>8058968
In the early years of my transition, people assumed I was a dyke. Still a woman, but I don't swing that way so it was a little awkward. It's a good thing though. It means people are moving past the assumption that you were male at birth. Assuming you're on meds, have had surgery, etc let nature take its course and try to blend in.
>>
>>8059000

Im doing HRT and laser, but no solid plans for FFS yet. If you did ffs Did you notice a big shift in how people treated you after? Or is it the way you dress/ act that impacted it more?
>>
>>8058968
i means you're androgynous.
congrats
>>
>>8059079
fuck me with a rusty 2x4.
>>
>>8059043
No, I never had FFS. I noticed that I was passing better as I became more social and comfortable in my skin. Women have better coping mechanisms and support systems. So they're less likely to turn into stuttering autists. A lot of the mtfs here are about as insecure as the tendy dippers over at /r9k/. That shit will out you in seconds. Deep breathing. Chill pill. You're gonna make it. It's really important to be comfortably emotive, and your affect is way more important than pitch. Something people don't talk about, despite "training" their voices, is that men and women use completely different vocabularies. You need female friends. I can't overstate that enough.
>>
>>8059146
>Something people don't talk about, despite "training" their voices, is that men and women use completely different vocabularies.

This is one of the more hon science things I've read on this board.
>>
>>8059146
This is really good, really helpful advice. Thank you. I think letting down the shields and being emotive will be the hardest but most important part.
>>
>>8058968
>Got half of my FFS done last November (doing it in parts because I think it will lead to better results and I can afford to do that)
>Still don't pass because haven't done all the FFS
>Go to a new place to get my brows waxed
>In boy mode
>Tell them I want something feminine "because I'm trans"
>"that's really cool blah blah blah", "I've never met a trans person blah blah blah", "do you still have periods?"

Feelsgoodman
>>
>>8059155
https://educ5102.wikispaces.com/Genderlect+Styles+(Tannen)
>>
>>8059181
>"do you still have periods?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTWwHXqLe08

I teared up a little. That's actually awesome. Good for you!
>>
>>8059155
Let me ask you this, anon: how many words for color do you know? If you can't spot ochre, cerulean and chartreuse, I've got bad news for you.
>>
>>8059087
Still better than being a hon with obviously horribly masculine features.
>>
>>8059327
Its not what I wanted when I started this journey, damn it. But I guess it is ok, like, in the long run. And I should feminize more as HRT keeps working its black magic.
>>
>>8058968
I said I was trans to a friend of mine that didn't know and she thought I wanted to transition to become an ftm
>>
>>8058968
it means they see you as a guy because they think you are trying to look like a guy but just happen to have a vag
>>
>>8058968
it means that women have already won the lottery so when you say you are getting a sex change it means you are trying to cheat the system
>>
>>8059201
I agree that genders have different dialect and ways to communicate but this article is so fucking stupid that is hilarious.
>>
it means thanks to tumblr AFABs crawling out of the woodwork to say they are genderqueer you are now percieved as AFAB yourself, congrats, be proud m'lady
>>
>>8059360
anything wrong with cheating the system that way?
>>
>>8059373
fuck that shit. I'm actively trying to not be tumblr trash. I dont need this in my life.
....on the other hand, the passive increase in passibility is nice.
>>
>>8059398
theres nothing wrong with cheating the system either way
But men are the chasers the women are the chasees..
Men who are unsuccessful chasers can become a successful chasee
Women who are unsuccessful chasees will not likely become better chasers or chasees after reassignment.
People just assume one conclusion because one is more logical then the other.
>>
>>8059479
how can you be an unsuccessful chasee?
>>
>>8059527
By not getting chased. Re: a portion of us on the board.
>>
>>8059527
ask ftms
>>
>>8059479
what the fuck is this mental illness? hunters and gatherers in 2017?
>>
>>8058968
I actually had this happen to me before as well. I dress like a boy still though so I guess it makes sense. I mean a normal person seeing someone looking kinda fem dressed really boyish with little boobs.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.