[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If clothes, colors, careers, roles, etc shouldn't have gender,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0609.jpg (58KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0609.jpg
58KB, 613x533px
If clothes, colors, careers, roles, etc shouldn't have gender, can you explain non-binary gender without assigning roles to male and female?

isn't it sexist to think you don't identify as a woman because you don't want to wear a dress?

If you want men and women to have equal rights, isn't it completely arbitrary to invent new genders?

Serious discussion please
>>
>>8057823
"Race is a social construct", blacks don't want to be profiled, but they keep niggin.
The same people who don't want to be profile, but they profile each other then meet that profile to fit in.
>>
File: 4pLBg.png (379KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4pLBg.png
379KB, 1024x768px
There are only 2 gender kiddo
>>
File: IMG_0635.jpg (41KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0635.jpg
41KB, 600x512px
I once saw someone saying she was a non-binary woman
>>
>>8057823
>isn't it sexist to think you don't identify as a woman because you don't want to wear a dress?
It's revealing. Gender is social roles, not biology, and trans people want to switch social roles.
>>
>>8058031
OP here, I know and understand this very well. I do not understand non-binary genders and since there's a push to accept this as more than a passing fad I'm trying to understand.
>>
>>8058041
Nonbinary means rejecting the two social roles.
>>
>>8057823
non binary people are cancer trying to crush needed binary rights so they don't feel like the worthless privileged failure they are
>>
>>8058052
But.. aren't they implying that women who don't do traditionally feminine things are conforming? I don't understand this
>>
>>8058031
Trans people want to switch bodies, that's why they physically transition.
>>
>>8058089
Because of gender roles.
>>
File: lets.start.jpg (49KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
lets.start.jpg
49KB, 400x600px
>>8058059
No, they are just people who are saying there are more colors in the rainbow than black and white.
Stop being so divisive.
>>
>>8058099
Why does it have to be a rainbow? So everyone who presents differently needs a different label? It doesn't make sense, it's just a reason to make yourself seem ostracized
>>
>>8057823
Nonbinary means you're a cishet snowflake wearing unisex clothes pretending to be an oppressed minority because being cishet simply is not special enough anymore.

Once they've grown out of their phase they'll find an opposite sex partner, have kids and live in their rich white suburbs and live the typical breeder life.
>>
>>8058366
>Nonbinary means you're a cishet
i'm bi tho?
>>
File: tumblr_od0w48GvRU1vu7kv8o1_500.jpg (74KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od0w48GvRU1vu7kv8o1_500.jpg
74KB, 500x599px
>>8058310
I'm not advocating more labels.
I'm saying that there are more types of people than two.
Just let other people live their lives according to the dictates of their conscience.
As long as they aren't interfering in your life, don't interfere in theirs.
>>
>>8058416
Everyone knows bis don't exist
>>
I think part of the issue around NB is that NB =! trans, but is often used interchangeably. It's an umbrella term for lots of ways to relate to gender, among them:
>GNC cis
>GNC trans
>Medically trans people who chose not to transition/cannot transition in a way that's statisfactionary
>Intersex people who reject their given roles as men or women to feel more in line with their bodies
>Politically NB people who're GNC but medically cis
>Questioning trans/cis people
>Trans people who do not wish to do a 100% medical transition and thus do not feel at home in the role as man/woman
>People who experience multiple gender dysphoria
>People who experience physical dysphoria but not social dysphoria (and the other way around)
>Politically NB trans people who otherwise have a rather binarical relationship to their gender

Etc.

I also think it's worth pointing out that just because something is socially constructed doesn't make it less real. Money is a social construct, but understanding that doesn't make money worthless, or means you're suddenly existing outside of the economy.

There's definitely an aspect of discomfort with gender expectations to a lot of NB identifying people, but in my experience NB as an identifier means, to most people using it, "I experience gender and sex in a way far more complicated than most of my peers do". I imagine that a lot of trans binary people on this board have very similar experience to a lot of trans NB people, but for whatever reason we still chose to identify as one or the other. Maybe because one finds that complicated gender feels doesn't make them less of a man/woman, and the other finds that highlighting the fact that no, this isn't a clear line, feels more honest to their experience.

I'm socially a man, GNC at times but I made the choice to function as a man for simplicitys sake. I still have a lot of weird gender feels, though, and I only recently started to accept that I can still be trans even if I don't really want a dick.
>>
>>8058093
Nah
>>
>>8058538
Yeah.
>>
File: IMG_0346.jpg (30KB, 430x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0346.jpg
30KB, 430x300px
>>8058416
>>
File: 9bc (1).jpg (80KB, 635x960px) Image search: [Google]
9bc (1).jpg
80KB, 635x960px
>>8058031
>>
>>8058434
They are though, as a trans person, I already have a hard enough time fitting into society, and non binaries are actively making it more complicated by trying to force themselves into my problems. Theythems are the Rachel Dolezal of trans people.
>>
>>8058442
I really do not understand a single word of this. Why do you choose to make it more complicated? Why can't you just reject gender norms and do what you want without shoehorning yourself into LGBT?
>>
>>8058603
That post was clearly picking the right button.
>>
>>8057823
There aren't more than two genders. Sex hormones differentiate the brain during the late stages of pregnancy, with the resulting architecture being non-plastic. People whose mothers' had abnormal hormone levels during this period can have brain structure intermediate to the two sexes. It stands to reason a few people would be dead center.
However, as I have never seen a nonbinary person that didn't turn out to be trans in denial, idk.

>isn't it sexist to think you don't identify as a woman because you don't want to wear a dress?
Yeah, it would be. Dresses are only such a big part of women's fashion because for thousands of years they couldn't wear close underwear because it gave them yeast infections. I, for one, would like to move past that phase in history.

>If you want men and women to have equal rights, isn't it completely arbitrary to invent new genders?
It isn't helpful, but they aren't really made with gender relations in mind. Most of the "new genders" I've seen demonstrate nothing so much as a loose definition of gender. These are people who are trying to jam everything they think is unique about themselves into a string of syllables so that they can throw it into your face.
>>
>>8058642
>with the resulting architecture being non-plastic.
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1491179636176.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491179636176.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>8057823
>you don't identify as a woman because you don't want to wear a dress?
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.