[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else find they began conforming more with their assigned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: shower us in bad decisions.jpg (462KB, 602x600px) Image search: [Google]
shower us in bad decisions.jpg
462KB, 602x600px
Did anyone else find they began conforming more with their assigned gender after coming out as lgbt? It could be from confidence from seeing changes in your body or just being out and proud.

I'm an afab non-binary person, but when I was living as a girl socially my presentation was pretty androgynous. I would wear little or no makeup, androgynous clothing, combat boots, didn't shave my body hair at all, and sometimes had unconventional hairstyles like a mohawk or an undercut. There were times when I didn't even shower more than twice a week.
Now that I'm a non-binary person socially I often wear some light makeup, dresses, flip-flops or flats, shave my body hair, have a pixie cut, and even shower daily. My life has changed for the better in other ways too, which you might expect, but one thing I did not expect was to become more feminine.

It's weird that I was never comfortable with these things before, but I guess being more comfortable with the way others see me has given me the confidence to change my style and be happy about it. Can anyone relate?
>>
>>8054173
My guess is that as a girl you knew presenting in a feminine manner was conforming to female gender expectations. Accepting yourself as nb has meant you can choose feminine presentation when you like it without feeling that it is submitting to the social demands for your sex.
>>
>cis girl finally feels allowed to be cis without losing oppression points
>>
>>8054313
Hm, yeah that's a possibility. I feel like I'm more free to be myself now without having to play the part of "girl".
>>8054338
If I wanted oppression points I would just claim to have an undiagnosed mental illness. That's way more trendy.
>>
>>8054173
this better be bait
>>
>>8054173
>but when I was living as a girl socially
How has how you live changed with coming out? I mean how aren't you living as a girl now?
>>
I'm afab too. I'm dysphoric but I can't force myself to believe in gender memes, so I can't really say I am ftm because I'm not a "man" in my mind. I'm a woman, technically, which is fine with me although not something I identify with, and if I say I am a woman that will make binary trans people mad. But I have dysphoria so I consider myself trans. Because I want to be on T (and have been in the past; going on again soon) it's easier to just tell people I am ftm even though 2bh I give no shits about pronouns or gender categories since I consider all of that to be made up and imposed on me. My physical dysphoria and my body are real, but everything else is just collectively made up by society. People see me and they want me to exist in a category. For convenience I pick a category, but as times goes on I am caring less and less about doing that.

Since I live in a pretty tolerant place I have been thinking of IDing as nb. I go to a group with alot of young people and there's some kids there going by 'they' and IDing as nb and honestly everyone's pretty nice and respectful to them. I'm not gonna be pushing it on random people but in circles where its tolerated it seems like it mite b cool. I would be happy for a future where it's somewhat normal to be nb, and that can't happen until enough people ID as nb to make an impact.

as for acting more feminine after coming out...I dont think I would do that but I can see how it would happen. if I got more effects from T and started being read as male maybe I would loosen up and do some girly things for fun (crossdressing could be fun but not as a regular thing), but I think I already act in a mix of feminine and masculine anyway, just mostly masculine (hence why its easier to tell people im ftm; if i was less masculine and didnt want T then i would probably just go on letting people see me as cis female)
>>
>>8054173
I honestly really noticed this with myself as well. When I was ""straight"", I hated makeup to the point where I would actually look down a bit on girls who loved it, wouldn't wear anything "girly" if my life depended on it, and didn't keep up very well on my appearance because I thought liking clothes and style were way too girly to bare.

After I came out as totes homosexual, I suddenly didn't mind wearing the occasional dress, or letting friends put makeup on me, or wearing girly stuff in general. I became much more comfortable and relaxed about gender roles and being feminine.
>>
File: 1431132109084s.jpg (3KB, 125x98px) Image search: [Google]
1431132109084s.jpg
3KB, 125x98px
>>8054173
>>8054313
>>8054386

is this real?
are this people not being ironic?
im freaking out guys
>>
>>8055132
Psst, OP's just a cis girl using rationalization to get to ignore her gender role. That's good! Gender roles suck!
>>
>>8055163
they do though
>>
>>8055187
Yes. If everyone was like OP the world would be a better place. Especially for trannies who really hate their gender roles.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.