[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I have something to say regarding transgender people.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Sybil_DVD[1].jpg (34KB, 306x455px) Image search: [Google]
Sybil_DVD[1].jpg
34KB, 306x455px
Hey guys. I have something to say regarding transgender people.

I'll start by discussing DID and bring it around to transgender people. I'm a psych graduate and came across this during my time in school.

So, Dissociative Identity Disorder. Also known as split personality syndrome.

Most people in the world had no idea what it was, until Sybil came out - a made for TV movie about a woman who had the disorder.

Before Sybil, there were less than 100 instances of this disorder. After the TV movie came out, suddenly the number of cases skyrocketed into the tens of thousands. And not only that, but women made up 90% of these new cases of DID, and Sybil's case was heavily feminine - she had many issues about her mother, sexuality, etc.

Now here's where it gets really interesting. A while ago, THE Sybil came out and admitted that she lied about the whole thing. Google it!

What does this say to you? The message seems clear to me.

Now, see the next post to see how this relates to transgender people.
>>
Now to bring this back around to trans people - it's becoming somewhat fashionable to become trans. I'm not saying people are doing it strictly because it's becoming well known, but as per the example above, you plant the seed in the minds of the people and it will germinate in vulnerable populations, which trans people are, if not because of their newfound sexuality, because they have disproportionately much more severe mental illness problems and comorbidity than the average person.

What I mean is, people will start to think, "Maybe I'M a woman trapped in a man's body..." or vice versa. They might even come to believe it themselves. And of course they're not going to admit that "Well, I mean...I just kinda felt like a woman one day". Then nobody would believe you. They'll say they've felt that way all their life, but for a majority I'm willing to bet that's not the truth of it.

The trans population in America has doubled vs. the data they had from 5 years ago.

To me, this seems like Sybil all over again. As trans people have become more of a focus of politics and culture, I think more people are "converting" to trans. You can disagree, but the evidence seems clear to me. The reason is, if something is a "disorder" I mean, a REAL disorder...there shouldn't be unexplained colossal leaps in the amount of cases. It should be steady throughout time. This suggests a much more cultural influence.

And not only that, but if this is a legitimate condition, why are the numbers so all over the place? See the attached chart
>>
Also, here's three statistics that I think speak volumes on their own, I don't even think I need to offer commentary:

>The world population between men and women is split almost exactly 50/50.

>The world population of gay men and lesbians is split almost exactly 50/50.

>The number of MtF trans people is 3x higher than that of FtM (and this disparity might be much larger because I don't know if this is America or global).
>>
>>8051647
We're actually kind of behind, compared to places like Thailand and Malaysia. Interesting, we must redouble our efforts.
>>
>>8051634
>>8051647
How do you know the increased awareness isn't just resulting in more acceptability and people hiding in the closet comnig out as opposed to 'converting' cis people? Is there any way to account for this?
>>
>>8051660
Actually, that MtFs are 3x more common than FtMs stat comes from outdated data that only counted those that got SRS.
>>
A psych graduate should be smart enough to figure out the clear differences between DID and transsexuality. You should also be aware of the fact that ADHD and autism diagnoses have also skyrocketed in recent decades, yet you don't see people questioning the validity of those disorders.

Sure, misdiagnosing must contribute in some way to the numbers, but you must not forget that if people don't know they may have a disorder that can be treated, they aren't going to seek treatment.
>>
File: 1486765150895.jpg (249KB, 960x849px) Image search: [Google]
1486765150895.jpg
249KB, 960x849px
>hey guys I have a theory about why transgender identities aren't real
Well gosh, we've never heard anything like that before!!! this completely changes everything
Thanks for that breakthrough OP we'll stop being trans now
>>
>>8051725
>ADHD and autism diagnoses

>autism

That might be because of something environmental, as most researchers believe. But it's also because Asperger's was put on the autism spectrum, and Asperger's is diagnosed much more commonly now

>ADHD

Anything without a biological basis can be improperly diagnosed. This is what people complain about when they say "Your kid isn't ADHD, he's just inattentive!" this is often true. But in modern society, nothing is ever the parents' fault. And thus ADHD diagnoses skyrocket.
>>
>>8051725
>Scientists are not sure what causes ADHD

Anytime you hear this phrase, your bullshit detectors should be blaring.
>>
>>8051634
>I'm a psych graduate
And you haven't realized that this is what ALL psych is?
>>
>>8051769

What do you mean?
>>
>>8051774
>DID happens because it's fashionable
>trans happens because it's fashionable
>every other psych condition happens because __ _________?
Fill in the blanks.
>>
>>8051794

What?...no, that's not true at all! What are you on about? If anything, the opposite is true. Studies constantly say that the numbers that suggest that trans people might be changing because of cultural reasons or reasons other than literally being born the wrong gender, they make up all sorts of excuses.

It's hard to quantify what a trans person is, there's probably under-reporting for fear of discrimination, maybe some people are still in the closet, etc, etc, etc. The modern political climate has poisoned objective research into this area if you ask me.
>>
>>8051634
>psych
So an unemployed hack with a worthless degree trying to do biomedicine. Just without the clinical trials and evidence stuff and goblty gook in its place.
>>
>>8051804
>le tinfoil makes up for lack of evidence
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.