[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. There are no actual genders ("gender is a social construct")

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: expanding brain.png (329KB, 455x278px) Image search: [Google]
expanding brain.png
329KB, 455x278px
1. There are no actual genders ("gender is a social construct") and that goes for everyone, although some people might enjoy associating with certain "masculine" or "feminine" things that the culture has defined
2. Biological sex is based on multiple characteristics that don't occur in the same configuration in everyone (see: various intersex conditions) so every "male" and "female" is just defined that way because they fit a sufficient amount of the characteristics upon their birth to get classified that way
3. Gendered pronouns are a thing in some languages but plenty of languages don't have them at all
4. We have the technology and doctors willing to give people HRT and SRS so they can feel comfortable, and it's easy and free to say a new name and pronoun
5. So what is the problem
>>
>>8049090
Who gets to use the women's changing rooms?
>>
>>8049093
There are already intersex and trans people in those changing rooms to be honest, same goes for the "men's" changing rooms. I don't have an answer for you except that the current system for deciding such things is becoming outdated in our society.
>>
>>8049090
Sex doesn't determine all sex characteristics. It's ok to want to wear feminine clothing because has room for your tits but you don't have two x chromosomes
>>
>>8049090

>1. There are no actual genders ("gender is a social construct") and that goes for everyone, although some people might enjoy associating with certain "masculine" or "feminine" things that the culture has defined

Isn't it weird how "gender" and sex seem to correlate with 99% of the population, in almost all societies? inb4 MUH SOCIAL PRESSURE. to the extent that gender is a social construct, it's a bottom-up construct. it independently emerged in hundreds of societies as a result of natural phenomenon (sex). Do girls need to wear dresses and boys need to wear slacks? No, because the specific manifestations of gender are somewhat irrelevant. The point is, while gender and sex may not be linked 100% of the time, gender is not independent of sex.

>2. Biological sex is based on multiple characteristics that don't occur in the same configuration in everyone (see: various intersex conditions) so every "male" and "female" is just defined that way because they fit a sufficient amount of the characteristics upon their birth to get classified that way

This shit again. Aberrations and dysfunction do not make biological sex non-existent. Intersex and other chromosomal mutations are marginal disorders. They don't disprove biological sex, as much as you people keep screaming about it. Example: some people have polydactyly, which gives them extra fingers. Does this mean it's false to say that "humans have five fingers?" Of course not. It's a genetic anomaly. That's all intersex and other conditions are. Anomalies.

Nice effort though. Decent talking points, but definitely overused. My advice? Stop trying to change the world to fit your condition. I hate Mondays, but that doesn't mean I go around trying to destroy the calendar.
>>
>>8049274
As long as you don't stop me dressing as a girl or misgender me or object to me being treated like women under the law your views are all fine.
>>
>>8049274
>Aberrations and dysfunction do not make biological sex non-existent.
they prove that it is not the simple binary of xx/xy that most people think it is. that is enough to legitimize intersex and trans people.
> Does this mean it's false to say that "humans have five fingers?"
if you are using that as a rule to determine who is human and who is not, then yes.
it is not wrong to say "men have xy chromosomes". it is wrong to say "if you don't have xy chromosomes you are not a man" just as it is wrong to say "if you don't have five fingers you are not a human".
>>
>>8049297
>that is enough to legitimize intersex and trans people.
Trans people's legitimacy is regardless of intersex people existing or any other biology.
>>
>>8049312
meh I disagree with this to be honest. if there were no biological basis for trans people I would think they were just crazy, similar to people who believe they are animals.
the fact that there IS a biological basis for transgenderism allows me to accept it.
>>
>>8049274
There seems to be a decent sized group of people who would be much happier and more productive in society if we'd just lighten up and let them present the way they want to, though, with no real harm done to anyone. There is very little that I would have to give up so that trans and intersex people could go about their days happily and productively without trying to argue the fine points about what they should or shouldn't want and calling them greedy and dramatic compared to six-fingered people.
>>
>>8049330
But why does it make a difference to accommodating people?

Using biology to decide how society is run opens up all kinds of slippery slopes.
>>
If gender isn't connected to sex, why do trans people experience dysphoria?
>>
>>8049457
Because they know subconsciously that they aren't allowed to act their gender by society unless they are the appropriate sex.
>>
File: Sun-and-Moon.jpg (216KB, 1144x924px) Image search: [Google]
Sun-and-Moon.jpg
216KB, 1144x924px
>>8049090
this is the dumbest shit I've ever read

don't stab a teacher to death when they don't refer to you as them/they

fucking idiot
>>
>>8049461
That's bs, trans children who aren't able to understand the concept of sex and gender already have dysphoria.
>>
>>8049484
You don't need to have a degree to be aware you are treated one way because of your body and other people get treated the way you want.
>>
>>8049493
But as a child there's literally no visible body difference.
I didn't know that girls had something else than I when I was 5 but I knew my penis was wrong.

Being trans isn't caused by society. When I hit puberty I immediately felt bad and wrong when my voice changed. Not because of society but because I myself knew it's wrong.

Saying gender is a pure social construct removes the legitimacy of trans people.

It also ignores that over 99% of the population don't have a problem with the fact that their sex matches their gender.

You only make up bullshit to make yourself feel better.
>>
>>8049561
>I didn't know that girls had something else than I when I was 5 but I knew my penis was wrong.
I doubt very much you can correctly remember whether you hated your penis before you knew it was something that marked you as not a girl.

"You only make up bullshit to make yourself feel better."
>>
>>8049580
I can remember because feeling discomfort as a child because of something that you always carry with you and can't change is something thats kind of a big deal. Obviously you remember that.
>>
>>8049619
My last two posts already address this.
>>
>>8049090
The problem is an utterly spooked populace
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.