[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I accidentally started a relationship with someone who is twice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 333.png (395KB, 586x342px) Image search: [Google]
333.png
395KB, 586x342px
I accidentally started a relationship with someone who is twice my age, recently widowed, & has a seven-year-old child. I have only had one boyfriend before, & no siblings, so I have no idea what to do about either of these things to make it work out. Asking 4chan for advice should be a sign as to how badly I am out of my element here.
How do I not mess up this kid's life?

Thank you, kind souls, for your assistance.
>>
>>8044367
>accidentally
>twice my age
>widowed
>seven-year-old child
How the fuck did you manage this, anon
Have you ever slipped and fallen into a warzone halfway across the globe, too?
>>
>>8044391
I was lonely & wanted to cuddle with someone for the night. I figured sex was the easiest route, so I answered a craigslist thing who also wanted someone. It turns out they are actually a wonderful person. I am not used to using such means to obtain companionship, but after being accustomed to sleeping next to someone I thought the internet could provide somethin' to be next to in exchange for sex. I got more than I bargained for.
>>
>>8044367
I got with a woman who was 30 with a kid when I was 18-19, shit was weird.
>>
>>8044367
If you want it to work you just have to persist through thick and thin. If you change your mind, all you have to do is end it, and depending how mature both of you are, you may even get out relatively unscathed.
That's pretty much all there is to it
>>
>accidentally
it's probably a case of you being inexperienced and him possibly on a rebound. Not a good way to start.
>twice my age
I think neither of you cared about age when you just wanted sex, but now it may be an issue in a relationship.
>widowed
Again, rebound on his part?
>seven-year-old child
Understand that kid is his primary responsibility and you're secondary

If you're just looking for sex and cuddles, I hope you both enjoy yourselves. But if you're looking for more there's already a couple of strikes against you.
>>
>mfw I live in DC and matched on tinder with some politician that regularly goes on tv shows.
not going to say who it is but lol.
>>
>>8044546
Yes. I will try my best, it just seems like there is a lot of things contrary to this working out. Mostly I worry about the kid.
>>8044631
Thank you for being honest. I am just filling in for a lot of stuff his former husband did, but I feel like I have been a positive influence on both of them. I am not just in it for cuddles anymore; now I want to actually make him & his child's life better.
>>
Gosh darnit I just realized this is like that song from f*%(ing Popeye, hahaha!

https://youtu.be/3Ji0RvwjntA
>>
>>8044663
Tell Barney Frank I say hi.
>>
But, um, does anyone have any advice about homosexual couples raising a child even? It is tough trying to explain why I am spending the night there half the time. The gender gap thing doesn't cause many problems to our relationship, but when his kid is closer to my age than he is, it can get weird.
>>
>>8047212
Just tell him you're his adoptive big brother. It's kind of true.
>>
>>8047212
>it can get weird
it could have been much weirder: his son might have been older than you or of the same ageā€¦
>>
>>8047259
been there done that.
>>
>>8047243
That is what I feel like, thank you!
I want to fulfill all those roles, but I have never been a big brother either.
>>
>raising someone else's child

KEK
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.