[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have type 1 diabetes and I guess you really shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1489441937888.jpg (85KB, 850x412px) Image search: [Google]
1489441937888.jpg
85KB, 850x412px
So I have type 1 diabetes and I guess you really shouldn't take spiro with type 1 diabetes. I also live in the US where you can only get spiro. On the other hand it's still not good to take cypro with type 1 diabetes because people with diabetes generally have weaker kidneys but according to everything I've read online it is safer. I don't know what to do guess I'm just fucked right?
>>
>>8044063
You're looking for anti-androgens, when the most potent anti-androgen available is a scalpel. Have you seen a shrink? Can they write you a letter of recommendation for a urologist? It's not as expensive as you'd think.
>>
>>8044070
I guess you're right about that. Jesus that seems extreme though. I literally have never been to therapy or a shrink before. I had just planned on going to an Informed consent clinic prior to realizing I have a disease that it's hard to take aas with. I feel like I got so unlucky with life a tranny with diabetes what the fuck.
>>
As much as I hate reddit do you think I should go to r/asktransgender and see if anyone else has type 1 diabetes and see what they do? I would assume some must have it.

>>8044070
Well jesus that's scary. So since I've never been to a shrink and they will probably think I'm crazy if I just go there saying I'm trans and need a castration out of the blue how long do you think it would take to convince them I'm actually trans and need one?
>>
>>8044063
take estrogen without antiandrogens as a stopgap measure (it's not great but better than nothing)
get an orchi the second you can as >>8044070 suggested, it should only be a couple months
also check if finasteride fucks with your kidneys, it's not a great aa but has by far the mildest side effect profile of any aa so should be used a lot more often than it is (the side effect profiles of both spiro and cypro are fucked)
>>
>>8044063

Samantha (tripfag) has type 1 as well. Try asking her what she does.
>>
>>8044124
Unfortunately this isn't a streamlined process, and it varies completely depending on who you talk to. I've met shrinks who wouldn't deal with me, primary care physicians who locked up at the mere mention of gender identity issues, yet I found a urologist (unfortunately retired now) who was happy to perform surgery just because I asked for it. I'd start by asking your doctor for a referral to a urologist, and asking them what they need from you in order to consider moving forward. Think about your goal, and work backward. You don't want to end up like one of those transwomen in therapy for years being strung along.
>>
>>8044139
I tried looking into finasteride couldn't find anything about it but I'll keep looking thanks.

>>8044143
If I see her around I will.

>>8044150
Yeah I'm afraid of this it took me awhile to fully accept I was trans and this is could make me wait even longer. Well thanks for the info I actually don't know why I didn't think about an orchi.
>>
>>8044063
There are many possible AA methods. I'm on medroxyprogesterone acetate shots. Same thing as the Depo Provera birth control shot. I take mine every 30 days, but younger people could take it less frequently. There are drugs like Lupron that can also be used.
>>
>>8044298
How come you take that instead bad kidneys or something? Does it work well? I honestly don't know anything about AAs besides cypro and spiro. That's actually really helpful information although I'm sure I can't take a lot of things.

Anyone know if you go to an informed consent clinic will they only give you spiro? I know you can't get cypro in the US but I mean will they prescribe the lesser AAs? I would rather do that for now and get an orchi sometime soon.
>>
>>8044359
I had possible issues with spiro effecting my adrenal system to much.
>>
>>8044466
Does it work well? Did you go to an actual doctor? I literally just planned to go to an informed consent clinic and get spiro and estrogen when I was ready and now I just don't know what to expect. Sorry for asking questions if they make you uncomfortable you don't have to answer.
>>
>>8044063
There's many more options than just cypro/spiro bud, you can Google this.
>>
>>8044505
It seams to be working ok. Towards the end of the time between shots I may get a small bit more skin oil production. It is nowhere near as much as off AAs totally. My T at the end of a period was measured at 19ng/dL.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.