[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the only active transgender proponents of Blanchardian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1491023303840.jpg (72KB, 553x746px) Image search: [Google]
1491023303840.jpg
72KB, 553x746px
Why are the only active transgender proponents of Blanchardian theory HSTS's?
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 528x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 528x776px
>>8030706
>TFW not sure if hsts or AGP
>tfw not even sure if trans or just psychotic GNC where psychiatric disorders and brain damage mimick gender dysphoria
>>
>>8030706

because blanchard is right about AGP but wasn't right about the other types of MtF
>>
>>8031171
>iktf
>tfw it's probably the latter
>>
>>8031194
On which part?
>>
>>8031198
2nd part
1st part is undecideable afaik
>>
>>8031207
Is it okay to compromise on the second and just be a pill taking femboy?
>>
Are you okay Art-anon? I honestly worry that all the horrible things I say could be hurting you.
>>
>>8030706
You're talking about Blanchard-Bailey-Lawrence theory, right OP?
>>
>>8031181
I think actual tranniness is a mix of agp and something else that transpeople experience, but it definitely isn't HSTS
>>
>>8032570
Why do you think it's a mix? How do you know the other thing isn't HSTS?
>>
>>8031171
Sometimes i think it's my bpd that gives me trans thoughts. It's really unfortunate I don't even know if I'm actually trans.
>>
>>8032592
because it doesn't make sense and discounts transgender theory completely. break it down, if someone experienced themselves as a woman in a mans body they wouldn't be homosexual if they were attracted to men, sexual preference shouldnt even come in to play. I think transsexual is an outdated term anyway.
>>
I mean "think it's outdated" as in it's not considered appropriate to call someone that any more. you guys and your 4chan memes, you're not going to find anyone outside of the confines of these general threads to argue about these acronyms, they're just not seen as credible.
>>
>>8032598
Why do you think it's partly AGP?

What do you think the other part is?
>>
>>8032612
the whole of it is the experience of feeling like a woman in a mans body, manifesting in different ways, usually conscious thoughts or feelings, I think every other label you want to put on it is just describing different ways the initial thing manifests.
>>
>>8032609
>you're not going to find anyone outside of the confines of these general threads to argue about these acronyms, they're just not seen as credible
idk, i've done an okay job of it
>>
>>8032627
well good for you I guess
>>
>>8032624
Blanchard theory is about the origin of trans feelings. When you said "tranniness is a mix of agp and something else" is sounded like you were talking about the origin too.

But now you are giving no opinion on the origin and just saying agp is one manifestation.

What do you think causes trans people to feel like a woman in a man's body?
>>
>>8032627
Where?
>>
>>8032636
>What do you think causes trans people to feel like a woman in a man's body?
I don't know obviously, my guess would be something going wrong with the mental mapping off the body prenatally, or something to that effect.
>>
>>8032644
Yeah that's just mainstream body map theory.
>>
>>8032654
it makes the most sense to me and removes the need for tons of labels...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortical_homunculus

we have these, imagine that it get's tweaked, and bam you have dysphoria.
>>
>>8032666
That's assuming body maps are gendered.

And that body maps are unchangeable and determined prenatally.

It implies dysphoria would be caused by other mismatches of body and map. Is that recorded for amputees, people with cleft lips, etc?

It doesn't explain trans people's social dysphoria.

It doesn't explain why trans people don't behave as their natal sex.

It doesn't explain why trans people are so much less likely to be heterosexual than cis people.

It doesn't explain how the body map could come to be tweaked.
>>
>>8032688

yeah that's why I said I don't know, it isn't an encompassing explanation, just something to think about. I just discovered the word "homunclus" like last week lol. I'm sure this kind of thing has been discussed in length other places.
you were asking my opinion, which is that it seems obvious that there's some inital "first cause" for transgenderism expressing itself in some people whereas it doesn't at all in others.
>>
>>8032695
>it seems obvious that there's some inital "first cause" for transgenderism expressing itself in some people whereas it doesn't at all in others.
That's what AGP and HSTS explain.
>>
>>8032624
Feeling doesn't make sense, and it sounds narcissistic and unethical. And the only feelings I've ever known are anorexia and severe BDD. I don't really have an internal identity. Asides from not thinking of myself as being the same as men.

I just thought that if I was fem to begin with them that should always be the way it is
>>8032644
>>8032688
I don't really have a body map, at least not counting a compulsion for neoteny and being small as my body should be.

I don't care about my genitals, if they're covered up I practically forget they exist. I forgot I have breasts too even though I grew them from the meds.
>>
>>8033945
>Feeling doesn't make sense, and it sounds narcissistic and unethical.
How so?

Are you a straight mtf?
>>
>>8034075
Androphilic leaning Femboy/(mtf in denial?)
And I don't understand what 'feel like a woman' means. But if that's the standard rather than pain and meds then bad people will abuse it.
>>
File: 067L13161_73N3C.jpg (2MB, 2000x1669px) Image search: [Google]
067L13161_73N3C.jpg
2MB, 2000x1669px
i'm agp and I love blanchard's typology, I-I swear!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.