[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh god, I only googled 'trans visibility' for an appropriate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: tdov2016.jpg (365KB, 1702x630px) Image search: [Google]
tdov2016.jpg
365KB, 1702x630px
Oh god, I only googled 'trans visibility' for an appropriate OP pic, please tell me this isn't actually coming in a mere few days.

Anyway, what I meant to make a thread about:
Does anyone else feel like trans visibility has kinda happened too fast, too soon? It's probably just because I'm a pussy closet case, and with trannies now being discussed all day everyday it's getting harder and harder to avoid talking about it and revealing my power level. But I'm wondering if anyone else feels this way.

I mean, I went from being a kid when no one knew what being transgender was and thought even just being gay was extremely weird, to suddenly being an adult in a world where being gay is totally humdrum and everyone and their mother is suddenly calling themselves genderqueer. It's fucking weird, man.
And if I may throw myself a little first world pity party, I feels like I kinda got the short end of the stick. Born too early to transition when I had the chance, but too late to peacefully repress throughout adulthood. Kinda feels like my nose is just being rubbed in it.

I'm not sure I really know what I'm trying to say here, but anyone feel me?
>>
Fuck it. Kinda funny that ghost in the shell comes out that day too.
>>
>>8008434
Did Major really used to be a boy?
>>
>>8007990
What's wrong with it though? If anything you should be happy, more knowledge about trans people means more trans people transitioning young instead of ending up in your situation.
>>
>>8007990
>Born too early to transition when I had the chance, but too late to peacefully repress throughout adulthood
I feel this way. It sucks I'll probably end up transitioning in a year or 2 and end up a hon.
>>
>>8007990
How old are you? Like 30?
>>
>>8009189
Not op but I feel similarly and I'm 24.
>>
>>8007990
>>8009124
>>8009332
i feel the same and im 25
>>
>>8007990
Been around since ancient greece and the modern transition techniques have been around for decades slowly getting better.

Think about it this way, when WOULDN'T it be "too soon" in your opinion?
If you don't have a good answer or it's some arbitrary "just a little while longer, when it's time..." then you may just be being a self-hating closet case who internalized cultural negativity towards trannies.

Things are getting a lot more focus because of the connectivity of modern media and the internet and the reduced focus on gay people among the majority after the marriage ruling but that's beyond anyone's control.
>>
>>8007990
>peacefully repress
this doesn't exist
>>
>>8009892
I feel like it would've been a lot easier to repress 10 years ago honestly. I wouldn't go on 4chan browse /lgbt/ daily and I wouldn't be able to see so many trans people and trans topics on the internet everyday.
>>
>>8007990
so you're agp scum who would've preferred for millions of trannies to never had the chance of early transitionig just so they can be with you in honhood?
>>
>>8009918
I just wish I was born 5 years later
>>
>>8007990
yes please bring light to me being male to female passing transgender individual. I love being under a microscope. Trans "visibility" is only for dirty hons who can't pass.
>>
File: candis.jpg (100KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
candis.jpg
100KB, 1024x759px
>>8007990
>anyone feel me?

the only way trans people are going to get respect and protective legislation is by becoming visible.
people need to know that you are their mothers and sisters and daughters (and sons etc. if you're ftm)
hiding and being invisible and closeted is what kept the gays under heel for so long.
stand up and be proud.
stop being afraid and start living.
>inb4 "we get murdered when we come out!!"
>>
>>8010095
When I finally transition and look like a hon I'll probably fall into this mindset.
>>
>>8008453
Nah
>>
>>8010095
>you are their mothers

I fucking doubt that one.
>>
>>8010149
Prove it.
>>
>>8010376

No way to prove it in the manga.
Irrelevant in the movie.
Shown as a little girl after an accident in the TV show.

Someone makes a comment/joke about it in the manga but meeeeeeeeeeh, if that's enough for you.
>>
>>8010502
yeah besides one of the major themes is "who are you when you aren't you" so "used to be a boy" really doesn't matter if you're occupying a robit body.
>>
>>8010502
Technically she was only seen after the accident actually occurred and she was already inside her robot body.
>>
>>8010502
>Someone makes a comment/joke about it in the manga but meeeeeeeeeeh, if that's enough for you.
Post page?
>>
I have already been seeing people do this all march. One super annoying non binary friend of mine had been doing a big post each day "in honor of trans day of awareness"
>>
I feel like things have moved too fast in a sense that not only are people expected to accept trannies, who are an insanely small minority and require little to no effort to accomodate, but suddenly they're expected to accept a complete overhaul of how we talk about EVERYONE'S gender, and with that comes a lot of attention whoring that muddies up the whole issue and only further confuses what being a tranny actually is.
It's not so much that society's actually moving too fast, but that some people have their expectations a bit over the top, which in itself isn't that big a deal, until they start getting demanding about it and just go all out revealing their power level by word-vomiting all kinds of shit that just sounds like an Alex Jones conspiracy theory to anyone who doesn't even know what a regular tranny is yet.

But honestly, it's not really any different from a few years ago when things like depression became less stigmatised and was followed by truckloads of emo kids wanting people to appreciate how tortured they were. And that died down soon enough without doing any real damage to peoples' perception of depression. This'll probably die down too. Hopefully.

But man, after seeing Chappelle's new special, I just really hope we don't end up like the blacks. How many years has that shit been worked on, and now with the help of BLM America's wading through some of the worst race relations they've had in years.
>>
>>8014001
>Moved too fast
We're in the Internet age. The only speed any kind of progress moves on is fast.
>>
>>8014001
>trannies, who are an insanely small minority and require little to no effort to accomodate,
>and only further confuses what being a tranny actually is.
As you say, trannies are such a small minority, is it important cis people understand the details?

The important thing, as you said, is
>they're expected to accept a complete overhaul of how we talk about EVERYONE'S gender
>>
>>8018497
>As you say, trannies are such a small minority, is it important cis people understand the details?

No, not really. Which is exactly why it's so annoying that crazy ideologues are putting their crackpot, overcomplicated nonsense into everyone's heads and talking about it with such inflated importance.
So instead of trans people being able to quietly go about our lives, suddenly hoards of people who have no idea what being trans is about and never really needed to are able to see this explosion of retardation being spouted in our name, and we're left footing the bill.

Look at the whole bathroom debate, what a fucking mountain out of a mole hill. And yet, a loud enough amount of people on both sides just keep screaming about it, and planting ridiculously high stakes onto it ("if it's allowed, little girls will get raped!"/"if it's not allowed, trans children will die!").

I dunno man, it's just a shit show.

But speaking of Chappelle again, he made a few comments in his special about trans people that show he clearly has no clue why anyone would feel the need to do something like transition, but he also said that (to paraphrase) having the freedom to do what we want with our own lives and bodies is the definition of what it means to be an American. And that's a really great attitude in my book; sure he doesn't get it and might poke a little fun at it, but he unconditionally accepts it and that's what's important.
>>
>>8020501
>ridiculously high stakes
>trans children will die!
>ridiculous
>>
>>8020531

What are you implying?
>>
>>8020586
That it's not ridiculous.
>>
>>8020531
>die
Explain
>>
>>8020625
What do you think happens to trans children who are socially isolated and mistreated?
>>
>>8020614
I didn't say it was ridiculous. I said it was a ridiculously high stake. Learn2grammar.

>>8020640
That's a bigger issue than a stupid bathroom bill. Hence the ridiculousness of placing the entire fate of trans people on one stupid non-issue.
>>
>>8020646
>the ridiculousness of placing the entire fate of trans people on one stupid non-issue.
>>8020531
>>
>>8020658

Learn basic fucking grammar, you weirdo.
>>
>trans visibility
Dont worry they can already tell. You don't need a special day for this.
>>
>>8007990
looks like twitter put it on the trending list.
>>
>tfw ausfag
It's April Fools Day here, and Trans Visibility Day everywhere else. The internet is a confusing place right now.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.