[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my therapist is making me come out to my parents before she'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

So my therapist is making me come out to my parents before she'll write a letter saying it's ok for me to take HRT. My parents do not like trans people, think they're bad, that it's a disorder, etc. and are also heavily religious.

Frankly I'm freaking the fuck out and it's in less than a week. What the fuck should I do?
>>
>>8005285
tell your therapist you came out?
>>
They should be informed whether or not they will reject you for it. To do otherwise would be supreme faggotry
>>
>>8005285
Not worth it, just stay closeted for a decade or two.

P.S. your female therapist is perfectly entitled to invent this requirement for you.
>>
>>8005285
lie, and make it fucking believable
>>
But is is a disorder. Are you going trans just for fun?
>>
>>8005319
I don't see why they would. My physical health is in tip top shape and I don't meet any of the risk factor stuff like risk of kidney disease and what have you. My mental health isn't stellar but I figure if my therapist I've known for almost 8 years thinks I'm good, I think they'll accept it. Are there other factors that could get you denied?

>>8005359
I can't. We're all meeting together and she's going to be the moderator. My parents have already been called to the meeting too so I can't weasel my way out of it.
>>
You would need to tell your parents eventually. HRT will change your appearance over time, so you can't exactly hide it forever. Your therapist is merely thinking long term.
>>
>>8005285
How is that legal?

>>8005374
>my therapist I've known for almost 8 years
She is abusing your relationship.
>>
This is you telling your parents who you really are. If they can't accept you for who you are, then you can deal with that. You might lose your relationship with them. But you have to tell them the truth.
>>
>>8005285
Just tell your parents then, it won't be fun but basically you have no other choice...
>>
>>8005285
They're a parasite who charges you thousands but wants you to do stuff that'll put you in danger and likely make you disowned. Buy from ADC or IHP and have shipped to a locker you rent in the post office and you'll take away all their leverage. Or get it IC.

Then simply point out you won't do things their way and one star them in Google and leave.
>>8005401
Telling now would most likely just cause more problems. That can wait.
>>8005319
>>8005355
Wow, this thread is full of crazy hons.
>>
>>8005408
In most places you need a mental health professional to write a letter saying that you're mentally ok to take HRT. A lot of transfolk kill themselves so this is the unfortunate counter measure for it. And why would this be abusing the relationship? She's been great to me for the most part.

>>8005401
But by then my parents couldn't do anything about it. I'm afraid my parents are going to try to twist my arm in order to prevent me from taking HRT.
>>
>>8005416
Better to lose them later when you're better off financially and just hide this for now.
>>
>>8005285
does informed consent not exsist where u are?
>>
>>8005432
>But by then my parents couldn't do anything about it. I'm afraid my parents are going to try to twist my arm in order to prevent me from taking HRT.
Have you told your therapist this?
>>
>>8005374
>I've known for almost 8 years thinks I'm good
She's leaching you for your money and forcing you to do stuff WPATH guidelines don't call for. I'd get the Meds informed consent and leave her.

It seems she's deliberately trying to make you as unpassable a hon as possible.
>>
>>8005430
>Wow, this thread is full of crazy hons.
Sarcasm, anon, sarcasm.

At least, one was. If the other wasn't, rage-inducing.
>>
>>8005432
>In most places you need a mental health professional to write a letter saying that you're mentally ok to take HRT.
Yes but a requirement like that instead of actually assessing you is obviously way too far.
>>
>>8005450
Yep. But she believes she can talk them out of it. And to an extent that's true, but this is a lot more extreme than previous times. She's good but I don't think even she can talk them out of their beliefs.

>>8005448
Nope. Colorado.
>>
>>8005452
It's also a matter of medical care. Just because I'm not at risk doesn't mean I won't develop complications from HRT and I don't want to do the blood work myself. It's costly and for me it would be too dangerous because I know I'd slack eventually.

And what do you mean that the guidelines don't call for? I am going to planned parenthood for this and all of them in Colorado require a letter of approval from a mental health professional
>>
>>8005480
Just go to informed consent, Colorado has that and report her for outing you and lgbt clients and putting them at risk of disownal or worse to the APA.

Might as well one star her on every Internet review and mention her outing lgbt clients while you're at it. Holding your body hostage and threatening to turn you into a hon unless you do something that'll make your family disown you crosses all the lines.
>>
>>8005452
>It seems she's deliberately trying to make you as unpassable a hon as possible.
As a cis women she probably doesn't know or care about trans issues and has her own superiority complex that she feeds by passing off her whims as what's best for her patients.
>>
>>8005480
colorado has informed consent moron

you can just go in and sign up. ez pz
>>
>>8005502
Then have a doctor do it for you. Odds are good an IC clinic or many gps would write you more if you were already on it. They have guidlines calling for it.

That bit about planned parenthood requiring expensive psych devises is hilarious though. Imagine the tantrum they'd throw Id the GOP made them require the same for abortions/contraception.

I look forward to that actually. What a bunch of taxpayer leaching hypocrites.
>>
>>8005502
>and all of them in Colorado require a letter of approval from a mental health professional
Read >>8005467
>>
>>8005520
She's putting people's lives at risk with her out or hon demand. I think the APA and all the online reviews should know.
>>
>>8005532
That's planned parenthood, there's informed consent you could get instead

Honestly this is more proof of why we should just take away planned parenthoods taxpayer subsidies
>>
>>8005528
>Imagine the tantrum they'd throw Id the GOP made them require the same for abortions/contraception.
Shows who the progressives really care about, women or LGBT.

>>8005536
>the APA
Like they care. They shouldn't be involved at all.
>>
>>8005503
Does it? I was looking through a list of states with IC and Colorado didn't seem to have any clinics for it. I'll check again to be sure but I didn't see it last I checked.

And she's not bad. She's doing this with my best intentions, however misguided they may be. She's not doing it to out me, if I wanted to I could back out. This isn't mandatory.

>>8005522
Really??? I'm going to go check again. Because I know the Planned Parenthood here does not do that.

>>8005528
And what's fucking strange is that it's not all Planned Parenthood locations. The one in Colorado, however, will not give me anything without it. For the life of me I can't understand it.
>>
>>8005285
>say 'OK'
>don't tell your parents (you're not an idiot obv)
>order mones online
>???
>>
>>8005558
>And she's not bad. She's doing this with my best intentions,
Some of the worst things imaginable have been done "with the best intentions."
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.