[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's been a bit of twitter drama recently. Essentially,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_omm0ya5gxH1rm4icbo1_1280.jpg (311KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omm0ya5gxH1rm4icbo1_1280.jpg
311KB, 960x1280px
There's been a bit of twitter drama recently.

Essentially, some members of the queer community are not okay with how straight people are starting to tell sexual jokes more openly. They're especially upset at the strange fandom around this character, from the new Zelda game. A lot of straights are jokingly saying they want to fuck the fish (and some portion non-jokingly, in all likelihood), and several commentators claim this is appropriating queer humor and making the internet less safe for gay kids, as it will be harder for them to tell who it's okay to come out to.

Do you agree with this, /lgbt/?
>>
>>8002231
Who the hell cares, and Nintendo games and their fans are garbage.
>>
Why the fuck should anyone care about jokes.
Only faggots of the highest degree would give half a shit about a joke
And if you openly even jokingly admit to wanting to fuck a fish I highly doubt someone coming out would bother you
>>
>>8002256
But it's appropriating queer humor! Only gays can make jokes about wanting to fuck dudes!

In all seriousness, I'm a filthy biscum and this kind of humor was what let me get comfortable with my own sexuality. So it's really fucking annoying to me when people try to shut it down, since I know it actually helps people.
>>
>>8002317
>I'm a filthy biscum
You stop that
>>
>>8002231
>some members of the queer community are not okay with how straight people are starting to tell sexual jokes more openly.
I can fully understand that.
Straight people are peasants and their tastes are not refined enough to fully grasp the inherent cleverness of faggot jokes.
Thus any straight person making a gay joke should be publically humiliated for both being a failure and for being a massive faggot.

>it will be harder for them to tell who it's okay to come out to.
Coming out is a retarded meme anyways doomed to forever end in tears and disaster for anyone who leaves the closet.
Coming out should be discouraged at all costs and anyone who claims otherwise should be shunned and demonised.
>>
>>8002231
Manufactured outrage
"""""Queer humor""""" is just adding layers of irony on gay jokes that straight people usually tell, it isn't some kind of sacred ritual that needs defending.
>>
>>8002231
It's absolutely retarded, let them joke about it.
>>
>>8002339
Stop being biscum or stop using the term biscum?

>>8002461
>>8002517
Okay, thank you.

I had some straight friends send me tweets about this, and I wanted to verify that I wasn't the only person who thought this was fucking insane.
>>
>>8002658
Everyone is just trying to find a reason to get offended nowadays, if anything the thing that bothers me is hot as fuck guys joking about fucking other guys.

There's this cute youtuber that keeps doing this and it breaks my heart everytime cause he's just so fucking cute I wanna kiss him every time I see his face.
>>
>>8002231
>>8002658

If this is real... I will take comfort in the fact that only people who have a problem with it are going to be vocal about it. So you're only going to see people who are vocal about it talk about it.

What is this called? Not "confirmation bias", something else.

It's when you ask people "Hey, does anyone have a problem with X?". You'll probably mostly get people who have a problem with it to respond.

Anyway, I'll tell myself most people don't and won't care.

The more privileged a person is, the louder they will yell about being oppressed.
>>
File: tyler-oakley-head-600x369.jpg (52KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
tyler-oakley-head-600x369.jpg
52KB, 600x369px
>>8002667
>he's just so fucking cute I wanna kiss him every time I see his face

awww, isn't that cute!
*pukes quietly*
>>
Who exactly is objecting to that? I can imagine a few morons thinking like that but are you sure you aren't making it look a bit bigger than it really is?

This outrage existing(?) definitely plays to /lgbt/'s sentiments anyway, just look at the responses.
>>
File: C771XqgW4AAhUhD.jpg (60KB, 1000x780px) Image search: [Google]
C771XqgW4AAhUhD.jpg
60KB, 1000x780px
>>8002711
That's not the boy I have a crush on.
>>
File: pepe tired of your shit.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
pepe tired of your shit.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>appropriating queer humor
What's with this "appropriating X culture" meme recently? It's like SJWs are inventing new ways to feel offended.

>do something
>someone else starts doing it
>WAAAAAH you're appropriating me!
>>
>>8002754
>start dating a guy on his promise that he isn't a SJW
>one day he says "GEEE anon that's such a cultural appropriation"
Hurt my heart but I had to break up.
>>
>>8002733
Who's the qt then?
>>
>>8002724
I'm likely making it larger than it is, because it's people who are fairly well-known in my particular corner of the programming community. One of them I've actively hated for a while, the other is a new face.

It's still disheartening.
>>
>>8002231

No. This is retarded. Straights have been making dirty jokes since this beginning of time.
>>
>>8002703
>only people who have a problem with it are going to be vocal about it. So you're only going to see people who are vocal about it talk about it
>What is this called? Not "confirmation bias", something else.
Sounds a lot like "Man Bites Dog." People hear about a rare occurrence (some insecure queer people get offended at a fish fuck joke) more than they hear about the far more common occurrence (all the secure queer people not caring about the joke).

Nobody is going to write a clickbait article titled, Videogame Fans Make Sexual Joke About a Game And Majority of LGBT Community Doesn't Care
>>
>>8005032
Correction: everybody has been making dirty jokes since the beginning of time.
>>
File: tumblr_omm7h5tDai1r2ns4to1_1280.png (554KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omm7h5tDai1r2ns4to1_1280.png
554KB, 1024x731px
tldr: tumberlites are at it again.
>>
>>8002231
>some sjw shit
>do you agree with this
obviously not
>>
File: bolson.jpg (49KB, 700x389px) Image search: [Google]
bolson.jpg
49KB, 700x389px
Of all the things for LGBT people to get mad at in Breath of the Wild they pick some fucking jokes about fucking Sidon?
>>
>>8005572
I actually liked Bolson's character. He was a bit stereotypical, sure, but he was also a successful capitalist and father-figure to young men. I think he's pretty positive.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.