[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

question from my mom >"What does being a woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 10

File: the soul isolated in machine.jpg (415KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the soul isolated in machine.jpg
415KB, 850x1200px
question from my mom

>"What does being a woman mean to you?"
>>
Dysphoria isn't about meaning. It's about your physical body. The party of your brain responsible for mapping the body thinks it should be female, and it causes you a lot of distress that your body isn't what your brain thinks it should be.
>>
>>7991963
Pretty much this, or you end up reading about those people who transition and report how "masculinity/feminity wasn't what I expected :("
>>
>>7991963
>The party of your brain responsible for mapping the body thinks it should be female
This is just a theory with no evidence.

I understand gender dysphoria is real and very difficult for transgender people, but please don't post stuff like that as if it were fact.
>>
>>7991975
What? If that's just a theory, then everything's a theory. There's proof that the male and female brain are wired and constructed differently, and in transgender people, the way their brain is wired doesn't correspond to their body.
>>
>>7992504
No, there really isn't. At best there is scattered evidence of certain regions in the trans brain that simply do not match well the patterns found in cis men or women.
>>
>>7992504
Stop misleading OP with your pseudoscience.
>>
>>7991944
Well?
What DOES it mean to you?
>>
File: shemale.png (78KB, 1305x625px) Image search: [Google]
shemale.png
78KB, 1305x625px
>>7991944
>Be submissive
>Watch anime
>wear cute clothes and not working

t.typical femboi, trap, sissy, MtF
>>
>>7992504
>Citation needed
I'm mtf and I personally think this is the case or atleast something similar to that, but as far as I am aware there isn't any evidence supporting that.
>>
>>7992745
> Alice Initsupportowski
My sides
>>
File: IMG_0038.jpg (33KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0038.jpg
33KB, 225x350px
>>7991944
>mfw
>>
>>7992799
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>7992504
>There's proof that the male and female brain are wired and constructed differently, and in transgender people, the way their brain is wired doesn't correspond to their body.
That's transwomen after years of hormones
>>
>>7991944

It means sitting at home gaming and watching anime while somebody else works and pays the bills.
>>
>>7991975
In the realm of nature the emergent property of dysphoria is ultimately caused by neurological mechanism and this can be proven by altering brain chemistry.
>>
>>7992816
Male height variation is more common than female. Therefore you're much more likely to find mtfs within the average female height range (5'2-5'8) than you are to find ftms wihin the average male height range (5'6-6'2) Obviously not every ftm is a manlet but it's unfortunately more common than mtfs being super tall.
>>
>>7992745
Legit died
If only people who watch anime actually had decent enough taste to buy cute clothes.
>>
>>7993349
Women don't game.
Immature men and bull dykes game.
If you're a gamer you definitely have man brain.
>>
>>7995818
Yet she'd still make a better girlfriend than a real woman!
>>
>>7995847
>real woman
There you go ladies, chasers don't view you as real women.

What do you have to say about that?
>>
>>7991944
Threadly reminder that people "suffering" from "gender dysphoria", when put on anti-psychotics, show remarkable improvement.
>>
>>7995864
>implying I'm a chaser
Good guess though!
>>
>>7995887
Anti-psychotics just numb the mind to nothingness. So of course it's an "improvement" from any mental suffering, because it's a loss of thinking/feeling in every respect.

It's a chemical lobotomy.
>>
>>7995895
>Trannies getting a lobotomy.
This is bad because...?
>>
>>7995897
Not gonna bother.
>>
>>7995895
>Anti-psychotics just numb the mind to nothingness. So of course it's an "improvement" from any mental suffering, because it's a loss of thinking/feeling in every respect.
"No."
To elaborate, it's an effect from going from a mind jumping a mile a second, to a state that is reasonably calm and controllable.
If you're constantly at the highs and lows of emotions and that suddenly stops leaving you relatively normal, then of course there's going to be a feeling of "numbing".

>>7995918
>being scared of shitposting
>>
>>7995924
You had your chance.
>>
>>7995925
>REE STOP MAKIN FUN OF ME
>muh problums r so sirius ;_;
lel
>>
File: 1490028752683.png (114KB, 281x324px) Image search: [Google]
1490028752683.png
114KB, 281x324px
>>7992504
Pseudoscience.
>>
>>7995918
>>7995925
Isn't that a different guy?
>>
>>7995924
This is essentially what my psychiatric nurse said to me when I told her how horrible I feel on meds.
That my natural happy state is euphoria and that I'm just normal now.
NORMAL FUCKING SUCKS!
Is this really how most people feel?
Just blah and blah and blah.
I don't believe it.
Anti psychotics turn you into an emotionless zombie.

You are wrong.
>>
>>7995988
>Just blah and blah and blah.
Be a bit more descriptive.
Because it could be anything from an adverse bout of depression brought on from a particularly shit medication or that you felt "meh" or at a point of being balanced, which feels like boredom, but not painfully so.
And you should be "emotionless" in the sense that you shouldn't constantly be feeling a set of strong emotions all the time.
>>
>>7995887
>Sample size: 1
>On top of that, his "dysphoria" was particularly atypical
>>
>>7996050
I keep in touch with the doctor who originally identified and prescribed the medication that I'm still on.
So far, there's been about 30 other cases that he's personally handled.
The only one where the treatment didn't work was when the retard decided "lol, I feel normal enough, I don't need the medication any more".
Also
>falling for the a/typical meme
>>
>>7996009
Are you a mental health professional?
Can you explain to me why being very happy and energetic all the time is a bad thing?
I was treated as a nutcase because nothing could make me sad.
Why do you mental health people want people to be miserable?
And by blah I mean I just don't feel as happy and energetic and fun as I do when I'm not on meds.
Is this just flatness REALLY how most other people feel?
If so I'd rather just be myself and enjoy life.
>>
>>7996069
>I keep in touch with the doctor who originally identified and prescribed the medication that I'm still on.
Were you prescribed them for gender dysphoria or for a completely unrelated illness?

And if for gender dysphoria why has your doctor not published research about their efficiency?
>inb4 tranny conspiracy
>>
>>7996078
>Are you a mental health professional?
Of course not. You think anyone successful is going to show up on this shithole of a board?
>Can you explain to me why being very happy and energetic all the time is a bad thing?
Why do I get the feeling that you're leaving something out here?
>Is this just flatness REALLY how most other people feel?
If you're referring to being in a state of neutrality, just passively enjoying/being content, then yes.
>>
>>7996083
>Were you prescribed them for gender dysphoria or for a completely unrelated illness?
That and major depression which I now realise stemmed from that.
And I couldn't tell you why he hasn't published. My best guesses are what it would do to his career and/or he doesn't think it will be received particularly well.
>>
>>7996109
So basically you're talking out of your ass, okay.
>>
>>7996101
Well then how can you comment on what anti psychotics do if you've never been on them and don't even work in the mental health field?

That neutrality is horrible. Just not caring. I used to sing, laugh, dance, talk all the time.
I was HAPPY.
I got told I'm too happy and it's because of various disorders. Bullshit.
I don't see why I should be penalised because i was happy.

If you as a normal person feel enjoyment and contentment then you don't know what it's like on anti psychotics.

They literally take the happiness out of your body. They leave you tired, fat and miserable.

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>7996112
In regards to why he hasn't published?
Yeah, I am.
I can't see into his mind anon.
>>
>>7996120
About everything. You sound like a typical false-flagging /pol/tard.
>muh antipsychotics curing gender dysphoria
>muh tranny conspiracy
>>
>>7996117
I'm not a professional, it doesn't mean I don't research on my own time.
You sound like you're hyperactive, bipolar, and generally "too happy", as in, you only experience the highs of emotions, which is why I asked (implied), that when you feel sad, you feel like the world is crashing down around you. It's not the "feeling really happy" they're worried about, it's the gradient and positions you have with emotions
I'm assuming they asked similar questions to what I'm asking?
>>
>>7996123
>muh /pol/ conspiracy
H-How did you know?
But seriously, while >>7995887 probably was, having had a genuinely good reaction and knowing others who had a good reaction to the treatment (not cure), I thought I should step in and save the argument from shitposters.
>>
>>7996129
The feeling sad is so RARE. I understand that I go into extreme mode and won't leave my room, but it's so fucking rare.
I'd rather have a few weeks or months of loneliness than have this constant nothingness.

Try going on antipsychotics and you'll see what I mean.
Not only that they make you fuxking gain weight!
>>
>>7996157
>The feeling sad is so RARE. I understand that I go into extreme mode and won't leave my room, but it's so fucking rare.
Once again, be specific.
What do you mean by rare? Once a year? A decade?
>I'd rather have a few weeks or months of loneliness than have this constant nothingness.
Is it nothingness or just "muted" from what you usually feel?
>Try going on antipsychotics and you'll see what I mean.
>>7996069

>Not only that they make you fuxking gain weight!
Did you eat more during that period to compensate for the "lack of" emotions?
>>
>>7991944
>Defining what women and men are based on social constructs like fashion, expected behavior, hobbies or style.

Your answer should always involve explaining female biological anatomy. That's the entire issue of having dysphoria. Its got fuck all to do with hair length, makeup, dresses or anything else.

>>7992534
Male and female brains react differently to varied stimuli. This is just scientific fact. The brain activity recorded on MRIs and EEGs show transpeople have neurological functions similar to their identified sex or in a zone between male and female. This is why there is a theory (A THEORY) that something went wrong with the fetus in the womb and early childhood while the brain is still developing. A theory.

There is not much research into the issue. Trannies are not a high priority in medical research and shouldn't be. We have other shit to deal with. Regardless, what is fact is there is something wrong with the brain, be it neurological, psychiatric or something else, that results in the transsexual phenomenon.
>>
>>7991944

I guess for me it's more of a want than anything else. Since I was a very young child (at least kindergarten) I wanted to be female.

Why? Who can say? Why is my favorite color green? Why does anyone like or want anything? I think the answer to such questions will inevitability vary from person to person and depending on the want. This is the realm of psychological theory, which frankly cannot currently explain transgenderism.

For me, the want is primarily for my physical body to be female. As a young child, my relationship with both my parents was healthy, yet for some reason I wished for my body to be like my mother's instead of my father's. Today what pains me most is that I lack feminine hips and butt, a vagina, full breasts, and that my face and frame are masculinized.

Secondarily, I want my social experiences to be female. I guess this is where things like gender come into play. When getting my first school uniform before 1st grade, I distinctly remeber wanting the girls' uniform, and subsequently coveting it from then onwards. This was also accompanied by various other transgender wants, such as long hair and makeup. Simultaneously, I didn't care for sports and the agressive nature of my peers, the boys. I prefered my free time to be spent drawing or painting, or getting lost in make believe.

So what does it mean to me to be a woman? I guess it means the freedom to be the fullest version of my adult self, uninhibited by my physical and mental restraints. To be able to contribute the most good to my social network and society, while also being as happy and content as I can be with myself. I want to have a partner, and to raise 3 children. I want to be one of the moms who's always there to help out with school functions, and who encourages growth from my little ones and their classmates. I want to support my partner at home so they can excel in their field. I want to be the foundation of a happy family.
>>
File: 1417989459763.jpg (85KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1417989459763.jpg
85KB, 1000x1414px
>>7995887
It was the opposite for me.
Suppressing my years long depression with an antidepressant+antipsychotic combo made me more functional as a person - more calm, rational and emotionally "neutral" if it makes any sense.
Getting my depression under control(for the most part) was the best thing that happened to me in the past 8 years. I finally felt normal, finally felt alive and capable of enjoying things.
Which in turn only made me more determined about my transition.
Basically, I went from "I'm a disgusting useless piece of shit that looks like a masculine manly male and I will never be a girl no matter what I do. I'll never pass so I shouldn't even bother with transition. I can't wait to finally die and stop suffering" to "I think I can actually transition and I'll probably be finally at peace with myself after that".
>>
>>7996187
Interesting that you compare being trans to having a favorite color.

What female activities did you do or want to do as a kid? You mentioned a few, like getting the girls' uniform and doing painting/drawing instead of sports.
>>
>>7996241
Genderized socialization gets a bit muddied, as I don't think this to be the primary indicator of what it means to be a man or a woman. Rather I view these side effects (gender) as caused by sex differences.

As a child, I really wanted to be in the Girl Scouts and sell Girl Scout cookies, but I had no desire to be in the Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts, even though my older brother was. I was in something called Indian Guides with my father and it was similar. I enjoyed the bonding time with him, but I didn't care for bonding time with the other boys. The same is true of all the hunting and fishing trips that he would take my brother and I on.

It's no surprise that I have always been a loner, but am I loner due to transgender feelings, or due I have transgender feelings due to be a loner? Did the 2 develope independently? Who can say?
>>
>>7996289
>but am I loner due to transgender feelings, or due I have transgender feelings due to be a loner? Did the 2 develope independently? Who can say?
I can.
Those feelings were implanted into you via brainwashing by the government by their occupied alien mind control rays that were captured during the great war of 1997.
WAKE UP PEOPLE
>>
>>7996170
Idk how often. But not constantly like how I feel on the meds.

It feels like nothingness. Just life is so blah and boring. I like how I naturally am which is a happy and positive person.
I can't believe that normal feeling muted. Most people must be happy most of the time.

Yes I eat more but not emotionally. I'm not some fat emotional eater I'm actually the opposite. The medication makes you gain weight it's one of the side effects.
>>
>>7996320
>Idk how often. But not constantly like how I feel on the meds.
You shut yourself up in your room while on the meds? You contemplate suicide?
> I like how I naturally am which is a happy and positive person.
Hardly. You sound emotionally unstable, jumping from the extremes of emotions at random.
>It feels like nothingness. Just life is so blah and boring.
Life is "boring", getting overly excited over the mundanity of everyday life is bizarre to say the least.
>Most people must be happy most of the time.
lol no, they feel neutral and composed/stable. Feeling any one emotion strongly for a prolonged period of time is a cause for concern.
>Yes I eat more but not emotionally. I'm not some fat emotional eater I'm actually the opposite.
It's directly tied to your emotions through the medication.
>The medication makes you gain weight it's one of the side effects.
It affects your metabolism, which itself has a negligible effect (usually). The rate can't go from "you're normal" to "50 pounds overweight".
>>
>>7991975
Just out of curiosity, what do you think is fundamentally responsible for dysphoria then?
>>
>>7996367
Honestly bro I think you've read too much about this.
I've gained 10kg on them.
I'm not taking them anymore and I'm starving myself until I have shredded abs again.

Even if life is boring unnaturally love everything and enjoy my life because my brain is wired to be positive and energetic.

Try antipsychotics and see how you like them.
>>
>>7996382
Mate, I asked you for clear answers on whether you feel only strong emotions and you affirmed that suspicion.
>Even if life is boring unnaturally love everything and enjoy my life because my brain is wired to be positive and energetic.
Until you come crashing down.
And I've already said that I do take them.
>>
>>7996431
>>7996410
Whoops.
Also, if you're FtM, you're going to hard with the dudebro talk.
>>
>>7996367
Anon, if you truly want to take the moral high ground, like you're tying so hard to do, then stop arguing with a bipolar person and trying to rationalize their mental state with them. You're coming across like an idiot. You're also derailing this thread. Let that retard be, and fuck off if you have nothing to contribute to the OP's question.
>>
>>7996431
I thought you said you don't take them.
And you LIKE taking them?
I understand if you have depression or something and you need meds to make you happy.
I just don't get why you'd give a naturally happy person meds that makes them lifeless.

What are yours for and what do they do?
>>
>>7996468
I thought I said I took them in the post I linked.
Mellaril is what I take.
Why would I dislike taking them?
>I understand if you have depression or something and you need meds to make you happy.
Is this bait?
Prescription drugs can't "make you happy" they reduce the effects of being depressed.
>I just don't get why you'd give a naturally happy person meds that makes them lifeless.
Did you just zone out every time you read what I typed?
They make you relatively lifeless, because to you, being overly emotional is your normal.

>>7996439
Make me.
>>
>>7996484
>not taking the so-called "medicine" is "caving into your disorder"
Moron. You probably never even thought to wonder if you can treat your disorder another way instead of chemical lobotomy.
>>
>>7996484
>As does caving into your disorder but we all know you'll defend that poorly-made decision.
No I don't. I don't think people should transition.
>>
>>7996518
>I'm a shitposting newfag, everyone look at me!

You're literally the worst kind of cancer.
>>
>>7996518
What are they for?
Why were you given them?
What do they do for you?

I don't see how being overly emotional is bad if most of the time you feel good emotions.
>>
>What are they for?
First generation antipsychotics, I'm scared to go off onto another type because of what would happen if they stop working
>Why were you given them?
GD, depression stemmed from it.
>What do they do for you?
You know that "off" feeling that you get that's really intense, that you feel like you're in the wrong body?
To the point where you begin to pretty much hallucinate about having your "ideal" body that you know you want?
That went away. Completely.

>I don't see how being overly emotional is bad if most of the time you feel good emotions.
out of a given year, determine how often you fell happy/sad, say 95/5%, just off the top of your head.

>>7996569
>You're literally the worst kind of cancer.
This entire board is cancer m8
>>
>>7996571
>>7996610
Now I know I'm retarded.
>>
>>7996610
>To the point where you begin to pretty much hallucinate about having your "ideal" body that you know you want?
I've never heard anybody on this board describe something like that.
>>
>>7996172
Are you trans? It would be refreshing to see that there's a trans person out there not totally drowned in the kool-aid.
A lot of them on this site carry themselves as if they're trying to justify their existence to themselves.
>>
>>7996626
Maybe it's the wrong word then. Really intense mental image of and map of a body that you're not currently in?
>>
>>7996610
GD is gender dysphoria?

And also you've proved my point. You had depression so the meds makes you feel better about things.

I don't have depression, my Olanzapine is there to stop me hearing and seeing things and to make me sadder.
Imagine if you were a happy person and you were told to stop being happy and given medication that made you feel nothing.

I don't get that feeling because I'm not trans.
But are you saying your meds has stopped you having gender dysphoria?

How does that even work?
You seriously don't have gender dysphoria because of the meds?
>>
>>7996172
>That's the entire issue of having dysphoria. Its got fuck all to do with hair length, makeup, dresses or anything else.
If that was true trannies would be happy on HRT and surgery without changing their names/pronouns, wanting to be treated as girls, wearing girl clothes, etc.
>>
>>7996657
Anti psychotics don't do shit for depression, that's why theres a class called "antidepressants".
I was on three types before changing from a prognosis of just depression, to GD is causing the depression.
That's why I got put on them.
Depression is the depression of emotions, bipolar and borderline is the extremes of emotions. For shorthand, which wildly inaccurate, ADs enhance (positive) emotions, APs reduce or limit emotions.
If I had to guess how it works it's similar to how Schizophrenics see things.
>>
>>7996639
I'm not sure, especially about the intense part. It does sound kinda like a psychotic episode though.
>>
>>7996722
Yeah, except it was prolonged. For years.
>>
File: 1481434185625.png (180KB, 264x457px) Image search: [Google]
1481434185625.png
180KB, 264x457px
>>7996172
Ok, to be fair, I'll agree it's a theory. But it's certainly not a theory with no evidence, as >>7991975 postulates. That was my point.

i'm >>7992504 btw
>>
>>7996666
>be trans
>would be happy with HRT, hair removal and surgery
>would be happy with female pronouns
>don't give a shit about make-up
>will continue with dudecore clothing

And almost every MtF would disagree at least partially (if not wholly) with me. Like you can't say all men are the same and all women are the same you can't say all mtf are. Why do you think trans threads seem so full of infighting? Like every other board there is no true consensus on any thing because it's bunch of individuals in an anonymous environment.
>>
>>7996172
> Your answer should always involve explaining female biological anatomy. That's the entire issue of having dysphoria.
Yeah, discomfort with having a male body is the main component of my dysphoria.
>>7996666
Well, for me it's not so much about being stereotypically "treated as a girl" as it is about being perceived as a woman. Currently when people see me or hear my voice, they see/hear a man. I don't like it regardless of how they treat me.
It's kinda like a very ugly person(like, morbidly obese, with facial disfigurement, etc.) getting uncomfortable in public because they're constantly conscious about other people seeing how ugly they are.
I like having long hair and I want to look nice, but I don't associate it with being a woman. There's nothing wrong about being a pretty guy with long hair.
Not much would probably change about my clothes or behavior when I'll go fulltime. My idea of "dressing as a girl" usually includes things like jeans, hoodies/T-shirts, sneakers/boots, etc.
>>
>>7991963
This is some hokey bullshit. Is this what trannies really believe?
>Muh brain done mapped me wrong, mama!
Maybe rather than a sex change, what you guys might need are lobotomies.
>>
>>8001758
>Is this what trannies really believe?
Yes, because it's more comforting than admitting they just don't like their gender role or body.
>>
>>7991944
Physical characteristics...
>>
>>7991975
There's evidence for the theory, provided half of it is significantly insufficient, but it's still there. By the same measure you could dismiss gravity as just a theory.
>>
>>7991944
Hmmmm, my mother asked me the same. Still does to his day.

I don't think it means anything.
Same as ''How do you know you are a woman? How do you know how a woman thinks/feels?''
I don't.
Neither do you.

The only feeling/notion I have is that that's the way I am.
is that being ''that'', being a boy, makes me feel uncomfortable. Feels weird, feels wrong.

Or that's how I see things, at least.
I don't like when someone says ''I always had a girly musical taste! always felt like women women's feel! '' or shit like that.
Makes no fucking sense. You have no idea how other people feels, you only know how you feel as an individual.
>>
>>7991944
>>8001789
>>"What does being a woman mean to you?"
>Hmmmm, my mother asked me the same. Still does to his day.
What's her answer?
>>
>>7991975
There is actually lots of evidence for gender being hard mapped into the brain. You can raise members of any mammalian species in isolation, and the members still know how to procreate. They don't need to learn those skills. Furthermore both dogs and rats are known to naturally produce transgender young. In rats they have been able to force produce transgender rats.
>>
>>8005117
>Furthermore both dogs and rats are known to naturally produce transgender young. In rats they have been able to force produce transgender rats.
Source?
>>
>>7995887
you know what also gives remarkable improvement?
HRT
>>
>>8005117
>There is actually lots of evidence for gender being hard mapped into the brain.
All of it cited from pop science articles and /lgbt/ memes.
>>
>>8005213
There are plenty of animal research studies done on reproduction.
>>
>>8005658
How exactly can animal dysphoria be tested?

>It can't.
>>
>>8005726
behaviors.
>>
>>8005948
...behavior and dysphoria are completely different.
>>
>>8005958
Animals lack self-awareness, so they'd act out on their transness, rather than hide it.
>>
>>8005991
Still only works if you assume all dysphoria is social.

Which is, like, the total opposite of trans theory and bodily dysphoria.
>>
>>8006017
PART of dysphoria is social
PART of dysphoria is bodily
Why are you so intent on invalidating dysphoric individuals, anon? Why do you care so much about something that has little to no relevance in your life?
>>
>>7991975

There is no such thing as a theory without evidence. If there's no evidence, it's an educated guess. If there is evidence, it's a theory.
>>
>>8006811
Neither of which can be translated from humans to animals.

>Why are you so intent on invalidating dysphoric individuals, anon?
It's not invalidating to point out that it's not something comparable to animal behavior.

>Why do you care so much about something that has little to no relevance in your life?
I'm dysphoric so...
>>
>>8006989
>I'm dysphoric so...
I'm sorry... The bargaining stage is a total bitch, don't be stuck too long
>>
>>8007141
Too late, way WAY too late.
>>
>>8006017
If you don't feel like your body should be female, and had to make a realization, which pretty much includes altering your behavior... You're probably not trans.
>>
>>8008452
[citation needed]
>>
>>7996629
Yes, I'm a MtF tranny. I've been on HRT for 9 years and nearly 10 years since I came out.

>>7996666
This is secondary, mostly the result of living in a particular society/culture with certain expectations of the sexes (like feminine names). That's up to each individual whether they're comfortable with their name or not. I wasn't. Being referred to by proper pronouns (miss/ma'am/she/her/hers/daughter/sister/wife/etc) is kinda expected if you're MtF. Those are the terms for the female sex in the English language. Why would you transition to a woman and not want female pronouns? I rarely wear dresses and most of my interests are the same as they were prior to transition. I act the way, dress and do things I want and like.
>>
>>8008506
>This is secondary, mostly the result of living in a particular society/culture with certain expectations of the sexes (like feminine names).
That's your theory. I'm sure plenty of others have just as much cause to think it's the other way around.

>Why would you transition to a woman and not want female pronouns?
Why would you?
>>
>>7996484
>I like how you cretins deny their disorder is being pushed on society as normal despite the WHO planned on removing it from the DSM

Did you ever thing that maybe that's because it really isn't a mental disorder? Or do you think you and a couple of other /pol/ shitposters really know better than the fucking world health organization?

>people trying to pass laws against "misgendering"

I don't support those, but it's not any different from other hate speech laws.

>and that father being forced by the courts to give his delusional daughter hormone blockers.

Yes, denying medical treatment for your child's depression and anxiety should be illegal.
>>
>>8008523
>Or do you think you and a couple of other /pol/ shitposters really know better than the fucking world health organization?
The WHO supports circumcision to prevent AIDS.
>>
>>8008527
>The WHO supports circumcision to prevent AIDS.
Yes, based on studies and research that shows circumcised men have a significantly lower rate of HIV than uncircumcised men.

And even if they were wrong about circumcision, it doesn't mean they're wrong about everything. Assuming that is a fallacy.
>>
>>8008534
Your pseudoscience is addressed in plenty of places on the internet.

> it doesn't mean they're wrong about everything.
It pretty much destroys your "hurr durr who know best" claim.
>>
>>8008513
I dunno. I identify as a woman, therefore transitioned from male to female and use female pronouns because /I identify as a female/. Seems logical. What kind of retard suffering from emotionally destructive dysphoria changes from living as a man to a woman but still wants to be called sir and he/him/his? Only attention seeking trenders do this crap.

>>8008523
Its only being removed from the DSM because whiny transtrender activists are offended by calling a disorder a disorder. Regardless of what leftists want and what government agencies cave into their bullshit, being trans will always be a disorder. I wanted to be born normal. Now, on top of being fucked up, I have to put up with trenders hijacking my medical condition and turning it into a pride parade circlejerk.
>>
>>8008543
>Your pseudoscience is addressed in plenty of places on the internet.

Show me one, because all I can find are studies confirming what the WHO has stated.

>It pretty much destroys your "hurr durr who know best" claim.

No, it doesn't, As I said, a person or organization being wrong about something does not mean they're wrong about everything.
>>
>>8008544
>I identify as a woman,
>I identify as a female
Which one is it? One is a set of social norms covering behavior, clothing, terms of address and names. The other is your body. Which one is it that makes you trans?

>What kind of retard suffering from emotionally destructive dysphoria changes from living as a man to a woman but still wants to be called sir and he/him/his?
If what you said was true and your issue is matching your body to your brain, how do social roles and terms of address even come into it?

Let alone make it somehow only logical to change them and retarded attention seeking trender crap not to?
>>
>>8008452
This.
Im just myself and act like myself.
I dont modify any of my behavior.
Its everyone else who wants me to modify my behavior and crossdress and act like a guy.
I just want to be myself and do what feels right and natural to me.
Anyone who says they are "transitioning" is a liar and a faking faggot.
>>
>>8008564
They're the same fucking thing, moron. There are two sexes. Male or female (man or woman, boy or girl). God, I hate you people so much.
>>
>>8008573
this.
kys
>>
>>8008573
>>8008576
>wanting to be called he or she
>the same thing as feeling dysphoric over your genitals or not
>>
>>8008578
Dysphoric about not being born a female in every physical aspect. In English we refer to females as 'women' or 'girls' and use terms like she/her/hers, miss, madam, ma'am, wife, daughter, sister, mother, niece, aunt, girlfriend, etc to describe them.
>>
>>8008586
>female in every physical aspect.
>English
Which one is it?
>>
File: C3YdD4MWQAAFufl.jpg (96KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
C3YdD4MWQAAFufl.jpg
96KB, 1000x750px
>>8008606
>Being this retarded.
>>
>>7996666
Assuming you're cis, would you be comfortable if everyone started referring to you with opposite sex pronouns, treated you like the opposite sex, and expected you to wear the opposite sex's clothes? Probably not. That's the same reason why it's an issue for trans people.

Yes, pronouns, clothes, the way society treats people, etc are all social constructs. But for most people they're a constant part of the world we live in from the moment we're able to perceive the outside world. If you're a cis man, you'd probably be uncomfortable if society were to suddenly start treating you like a woman, not because you're biologically hardwired to dislike being called she or wearing dresses, but because all your life you've lived with the societal idea of masculinity for most of your life.

Assuming the theory about transwomen having a feminized brain is true, then transwomen generally prefer female pronouns, clothes, etc because they identify with cis women (even if only subconsciously) and as such adopt society's ideas of femininity (once again even if only subconsciously). Personally I always liked it as a kid when people would accidentally "misgender" me, even before I knew what trans was or that I was one.
>>
>>8008612
You aren't really supporting your position besides showing how emotional it is to you.
>>
File: CrIb1ZGWYAA6jLN.jpg (30KB, 540x467px) Image search: [Google]
CrIb1ZGWYAA6jLN.jpg
30KB, 540x467px
>>8008723
You aren't even debating anything. You'e trying to differentiate sex and gender, even though its the same thing. You're cancer. My dysphoria and medical condition being hijacked by trendy Communists to destroy the legitimacy of my condition for politically correct propaganda to fight western culture and 'patriarchy' is offensive on many levels. Git
>>
>>8008500
>>8008570
I actually meant that.

With the realization that you're male, instead of female which you may have assumed as a child, you ended up having to change your behaviour to match society (which includes avoiding bullying etc).

If you had to do self-meditating and shit, because you thought something felt "slightly off", you're probably not trans.
>>
>>7992745
>>Femboi
>>trap
>>sissy
>>MtF

Pick one you dumb, worthless faggot.
>>
>>8009545
??? They're literally all the same. Just a bunch of perverted fags
>>
>>8008880
>You'e trying to differentiate sex and gender, even though its the same thing.
Pronouns and skirts are not the same thing as dicks and tits. How can you possibly think they are?
>>
>>8011004
Yes, pronouns go along with sex and anatomy, retard. Skirts are irrelevant.

Males
>men
>boys
>have dicks
>have testicles
>no tits
>he/him/his

Females
>women
>girls
>have vaginas
>have tits
>she/her/hers
>>
File: 1481101760565.png (138KB, 1101x383px) Image search: [Google]
1481101760565.png
138KB, 1101x383px
>>7995924
>being scared of shitposting

It stops being shitposting when half of the boards on this board end up being concern trolls, dumb shit from people who obviously don't lurk and say stuff like "there are only two genders" (I'm pretty sure that at least a majority of lgbt believes this), or straight attacks on trans peoples and other bullshit

Here, let me just go through the catalog:
>>8016188
>>8012072
>>8015540
>>8014204
>>8014314
>>8011053
>>8001805
>>8014402
>>8008260
>>8012240
>>8012541
>>8009373

Threads die for these every day.

I don't even mind threads and/or shitposts like this which try to engage discussion: >>7987364
>>8014166
>>7997820
>>8013650
>>8002443
>>8005702

but when there's so much influx of shit threads with viewpoints that --surprise, surprise-- we see on a regular basis and become familiar with every single talking point, and maybe, just maybe we're the ones having to deal with the bullshit tumblr post-gender genderqueers ripping to shreds what tatters of legitimacy and chances at possibly peacefully integrating with the rest of society.

I've already written the phrase "fighting against the ocean" 10 or so times, it's just a matter of when you just don't give a shit anymore, which I clearly havent
>>
>>8002443
>trying to engage discussion

Anyways thanks for describing what a containment board is. This place is shit and will always be shit so you just have to get used to it if you want to stay.
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.