[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why do gay men claim to be the champions of the LGBT movement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: 1490549453593.png (2MB, 1183x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490549453593.png
2MB, 1183x1080px
So why do gay men claim to be the champions of the LGBT movement despite having solely rode on the coattails of feminists, transwomen, and lesbians since it's very inception?
>>
>>7990784
Feminists/lesbians have done nothing but hurt mtfs and gay men.
>>
>>7990797
so?
>>
>>7990803
>user count 2
OP confirmed feminist liar.
>>
>>7990784
Because they are men and men are whiny little brats and fear that something will be taken away from them.
Their balls start to shrink just by hearing the term feminism, because they fear everything female, especially gay men.
>>
>feminists historically used gay men and minorities as stepping stones to prove to white men that they should have rights but not those degenerates/monkeys
>feminists have historically taken over gay spaces as their own
>GUYS WHY ARE GAYS SO MEAN TO WOMYN

idk nigel
>>
File: 1478662433423.gif (453KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478662433423.gif
453KB, 500x250px
>>7990797
YES! YES!
>>
>>7990797
Yeah, no sorry
Feminism pretty much saved mtfs
You're confusing feminists with terfs
>>
File: 1488727764049.jpg (104KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1488727764049.jpg
104KB, 803x688px
>>7990875
>Feminism pretty much saved mtfs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>7990803
This
>>
>>7990797
How has feminism hurt gay men?
>>
>>7990784
Only subhumans (read: women) think there is a movement or a need for one
>>
The 'LGBT movement' is cancer.
>>
File: 5432425.jpg (49KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
5432425.jpg
49KB, 640x362px
>>7991320
>>7991327
>>7990908
How quickly we forget history. That's depressing.
>>
>>7991416
I've yet to hear ANYTHING feminists did for GBT people.
>>
>>7991416
The only movement we need is one to gas all females.
>>
>>7990784
Because there was traditionally a lot more social acceptance of intimate, non-sexual relationships between women. That they went ahead and scissored wasn't then as surprising as men buttfucking each other.

Also because Feminism should stop trying to conquer the LGBT movement because it's cancer.
>>
>>7991429
>>7991433
Pride literally only exists because of a woman.
>inb4 pride is cancerous
kill yourself masc4masc.
Feminists took a lot of movements under their wing through history since the suffragists, and it's with their help swaying the public that we have some liberation from the chains of society, saying just some because some LGBT men are still way too concerned with being what society wants them to be. Aside from that, without feminism, transgender people would not be getting their hormones. blah blah blah you wanna learn more read a book or something
>>
File: Laughing-Meme-02.jpg (55KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Meme-02.jpg
55KB, 991x902px
>>7990784
>feminists
>helping lgbt
I'm willing to believe than lesbians did their part, but feminists literally have done absolutely nothing for lgbt rights worldwide.

In fact feminists are currently detrimental to lgbt rights (and women's rights as well)
>>
File: jumberlack.jpg (24KB, 263x395px) Image search: [Google]
jumberlack.jpg
24KB, 263x395px
>>7990784
>despite having solely rode

citation?
also, learn English before creating threads
>>
Why do Feminists claim to be champions of liberty when they only ever rode on the coattails of Enlightenment Age philosophers, hippies and Marxists?
>>
>>7991483
>tried to prove feminism is good for gay men
>by telling gay men to kill themselves
Feminism is misandry to the core.
>>
>>7991483
>took under their wing
aka appropriated

If there is to be an "LGBT Movement" at all, it shouldn't be spearheaded by Feminists.

Feminism = Marxist cancer.
>>
>>7991511
>taking kill yourself in that post seriously
You, specifically, should actually kill yourself.
>>
File: Woman.jpg (72KB, 882x201px) Image search: [Google]
Woman.jpg
72KB, 882x201px
>>7991483
Hope you get cervical cancer
>>
>>7991535
>tfw atheist but starting to think christianity had the right idea
>>
>>7990784
Being a gay man is worse than being a lesbian?
>>
>>7990784
The only thing I'd agree with there is the bit on lesbians. But lesbian forms of feminism seem vastly different from typical feminism. There's also the issue of political lesbians within that movement as well.
Overall the only people that have helped gay men are legitimate lesbians considering they are gay themselves, not feminism in general. The actual inner-workings of it are still a clusterfuck though and like half the lesbian feminists aren't even lesbians, they're just misandrists.
>>
>Betty Friedan don't real.
I guess feminists want to forget about "The Lavender Menace." Lesbians had to fight their way into feminist circles that wanted to exclude them in the seventies. Pretending that feminists were always supportive of LGBT people is revisionist history.

>>7990875
T.rans E.xclusionary R.adical F.eminist
Same apologist nonsense as claiming the Westboro Baptist Church has no Christian members, and asserting there are no Muslims in ISIS.
TERFs are feminists.

>>7991508
This whole "coattail riding" sentiment isn't helpful.
I don't give a shit if trans people/lesbians/bisexuals/gays started up LGBT advocacy, because trans/lesbian/bisexual/gay issues are worth supporting on their merits alone.
Nobody has to first establish that their ancestors indirectly scratched my back for me to want to help a worthy cause.
>>
>>7993257
TERFs have far more in common with /pol/tards than with other feminists. Any so-called feminist community that isn't dominated by TERFs hates them. And saying "it includes the word feminist, therefore they're feminists" is like saying North Korea is democratic just because it has it in the name
>>
>>7993765
Same apologist nonsense as claiming the Westboro Baptist Church has no Christian members, and asserting there are no Muslims in ISIS.
>>
>>7990784
united we stand
divided we fall
>>
>>7990784
It's literally the exact opposite.
>>
little witch academy
>>
>>7993765
>TERFs have far more in common with /pol/tards than with other feminists.
Then why don't "true feminists" (aka any feminists you agree with) start fighting TERFs to protect trans rights, instead of spending their time demanding quotas, spreading rape hysteria and the wage gap myth, and bitching about manspreading and mansplaining?
>>
>>7995722
Because it's a lot easier to attack men who never fight back than to grow a spine and go after your own. Sorta like how feminists never discuss Islam but are quick to say western culture is rape culture
>>
>>7998688
The feminists that do discuss Islam get labeled as islamaphobes, shouted out of academia, torn down by other feminists trying to virtue signal at muslims, no platformed, etc.

e.g. Maryam Namazie
- https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/sep/26/student-union-blocks-speech-activist-maryam-namazie-warwick
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ZiZdz5nao
>>
This thread is cancer.... Feminism fundamentally helps the LGBT movement. Feminism was always about breaking society's outdated gender roles. Heterosexuality is an conservative imposed gender role as well. On the contrary, I think some gay people happen to be quite sexist and disregard the benefits feminism has for the queer cause.

While it is true that at some points feminism was elitist, white, conservative feminism; it quickly transformed into a more inclusive one. People hate the word "intersectionality", but that truly is the way feminism has been practiced for a while already.
>>
>>7998765
>torn down by other feminists trying to virtue signal at muslims
That's actually quite sad. Attacking the ones that get it.
>>
>>7990784
>So why do gay men claim to be the champions of the LGBT movement

Back up this claim. Oh wait, this is a shitposting thread isn't it?
>>
uh oh
Looks like I've just stumbled upon the ~bait zone~
Quick! Everyone run!
>>
>>7998812
Feminism is nothing but marxism with a new coat of paint.
>Women/Working class all your problems are caused by Men/Bourgeois if we can just destroy the patriarchy/capitalism everyone will be equal in our new utopia.
Just because I like to sleep with men does not mean I need to become a marxist and destroy society. Nor does my relationship with other men need to involve parading around like a degenerate in skimpy outfits.

Finally internationally is still a problem because it still treats people like group members, instead of an individual. Peoples issues are more than just because they are x,y,z and to reduce them to that is a huge problem.
>>
>>7998812
>Feminism fundamentally helps the LGBT movement.
The ideologically driven feminists you're describing would only help LGBT people just to attack feminist shibboleths like "patriarchy."
Those feminists don't actually care if two guys in Ohio get marriage equality, they're allies to LGBT people just because want to troll homophobic WASPs.

>Heterosexuality is an conservative imposed gender role as well
Heterosexuality is a legitimate sexuality, not a gender role.
Just let us be who we are without trying to force your inane ideology onto our preferences and co-opt our identities for the sake of your narrative.

>People hate the word "intersectionality",
Who cares what jargon your cult comes up with. Scientologists want to clear the world, and feminists want to advance intersectional issues.
I mostly don't like the arrogance you, and other ideologues, display.

>>7998900
That'd be nice, but Poe's law.
>>
>>7999031
>Look at me, I'm an edgy redpilled individual. I'm beyond centuries and centuries of academic studies. I know the "truth". Why can't you people just open your eyes like me?
>>
>>7999157
>Look at me, I'm an edgy redpilled individual.
I voted for Sanders and Clinton in 2016. I am sure pol frogposters would call me a blue pill chewing cuck after saying maga.

I am just dismissing whatever brand of feminism >>7998812 is pushing; because if heterosexuality can be labeled a "conservative imposed gender role" for the sake of a derpy narrative then why not label something like feminism as a cult too.
>>
>>7990784
Who gives a flying shit?
What you're arguing does not matter in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>7999694
You ignorant fuck, of course the expectation of heterosexuality is a gender role, it is called heteronormativity. Read a fucking book for fucks sake, or at least check wikipedia before you spurt some ambiguous shit.
>>
>>8000019
>You ignorant fuck, of course the expectation of heterosexuality is a gender role, it is called heteronormativity.
Kay so Homosexuality is now homonormativity.
Heteronormativity is not heterosexuality, and "reading books" won't make your obtuse posts coherent.
>>
gay white men are second only to straight white men in the level of annoyance and misogny they produce
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.