[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to go by ze/zir/zirself because going by they/them feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I want to go by ze/zir/zirself because going by they/them feels awkward a lot of the time. Saying "themselves" when referring to one person doesn't seem right (and I've had people tell me this too). Saying "themself" is even worse because it's not even a word.

I'm not even a super SJW leftist or anything. I'm anti-feminist and lean center-right politically. I even voted for Trump. Pronouns are just tricky when male and female ones don't match up, you know?

Anyway, this thread is less of a blog post and is meant to say that not all people who use alien pronouns are cringey. The end.
>>
Themself is a legitimate word used since the Middle Ages you Tumblrina mongoloid.
>>
>>7972720
That's pretty cringey of you
>>
>>7972720
>nonbinary
>voted for trump
every day we stray further from god's light
>>
It's rude to call trans people the wrong pronouns because it circumvents their attempts to pass. I can get "they" for people who are trying for androgynous because that's naturally what you'd call somebody whose gender you can't tell. But "zir" doesn't come natural for anybody to say. Get ready for a lot of conversational awkwardness.
>>
>>7972750
also why the fuck are you using themself so much that you feel you have to use made-up words that are even harder to say/sound annoying af? do you talk in third person?
>>
>>7972720
You are cringey and you believe something that is pretty much inherently SJW. A few cultures had a concept of androgyny, but if it was something like that you'd have a cultural fallback for word choice.

I will say to you what I say to all nonbinary fuckers. There are two genders. Trans people start as one and move to another. But if you REALLY want to use non-gendered pronouns learn Persian or Finnish. They don't have gendered pronouns.

I love languages like they are people and you know what? This one doesn't have what you want. So move to one that does instead of trying to rape English.
>>
>>7973484
This isn't raping English, it's correcting it.
>>
>>7972720
Kys fucking special snowflake faggot.
>>
op here. you guys are literally toddlers if this kind of thing bothers you.
>>
>>7972720
>nonbinary
>voted for trump
Wow, you're double retard.
>>
>>7973517
No, this is not correcting it. It is trying to add a change that goes against its natural flow.

>>7974997
No, I am not a toddler, I just understand the value of language, unlike the illiterate fuck wads and the entitled little bitches like yourself who try to deliberately mold it.
>>
>>7975026
Sometimes change is needed.
>>
>>7972750
>Tumblrina
>voted for Trump
yeah ok retard.

>>7975026
why can't you just live and let live? being filled with hate like this does you no good.
>>
>>7975045
>>7975045
No, it really isn't, and especially not like this. Language is a meme, and no I don't mean that in the way that most people here mean it, I mean it as in a meme being like a gene but for ideas. It slowly evolves, but when you forcefully change it it is a very bad thing.

It never quite does what you are intending.
>>
>>7975053
I am not filled with hate, it is the exact opposite, I am filled with love, just for language instead of people. I love language, and I understand the importance of not sticking your dick in it and shouting "I'M SPACIAL!"

This is not me being "transphobic" or whatever you are trying to suggest that I am. This is me defending what I have a personal stake in, the English language and its structural consistency.

Think really hard on what language really is, and tell me that you think this is a good idea. And since ideology is involved, damn, read some Orwell while you're at it to see why this is double bad.
>>
They is sufficient
>>
>>7975056
Just like a gene, a meme can be beneficial or harmful and parasitic. This is the kind of meme gender is.
>>
>>7975153
I'm sorry, but no. Every change forced upon a language has been done with the same statement and it just keeps not being the truth. If what you say is true people will just stop using gendered pronouns the way we stopped giving a fuck about the difference between Mrs. and Ms. in common parlance.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.