[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the fact that Blandchardianism is the ruling belief system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

File: 1490187809972.jpg (980KB, 1615x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1490187809972.jpg
980KB, 1615x2000px
Does the fact that Blandchardianism is the ruling belief system on /lgbt/ speak to the illegitimacy of the transpeople that visit here?
>>
>>7967342
No, it just proves that 4chan users are mostly idiots, trannies included.
>>
>>7967342
No, it speaks to our self-awareness.

Except for denialists like >>7967349
>>
File: 1489211986390.png (286KB, 1376x892px) Image search: [Google]
1489211986390.png
286KB, 1376x892px
>>7967342
daily reminder
>>
>>7967356
>de·ni·al·ist
>a person who does not acknowledge the truth of a concept or proposition that is supported by the majority of scientific or historical evidence; a denier
This would imply that Blanchard's theories on trannies are supported by the majority of scientific evidence, which is simply not true. It's typical psychologists' pseudoscientific drivel and it has been 100% rejected by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (largest association of medical professionals who provide care for trannies) due to the lack of scientific evidence.

tl;dr you're wrong, loser
>>
>>7967342
no
>>
>>7967342
It's literally not to anybody but you and other /pol/ false flags, Cara
>>
>>7967366
I'm curious, does your opposition towards Blanchard's typology come from a lack of accurate self identification with either typology, or because you theoretically best fit into the A*P category and see Blanchard's typology as an attempted fetishization of your "condition" rather than trying to explain a legitimate sexual orientation?

>t. mtf that is still unsure of her opinions regarding Blanchard.
>>
>>7967550
I'm not even trans, I'm a cis bi and only took an interest in all this because of a trans sibling.

I just hate when people lap this sort of rubbish up from the hands of idiot psychologists.
>>
>>7967576
So what in your opinion is your biggest critique of Blanchard's typology, and please don't just say it's because WPATH rejects it (I'm aware that they do but they cite a need for further research as the reason for its rejection)
>>
it rules in number of posts because of incessant shitposting, but the people who agree with it are very stupid. if you have dysphoria, you are trans. have you considered that so called agp can be an expression of dysphoria? reductionist mental diarrhea does not matter, trans = gender dysphoria
>>
File: tumblr_mvt5hudUev1shih0fo1_500.jpg (61KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvt5hudUev1shih0fo1_500.jpg
61KB, 500x333px
>>7967342
It's not the ruling belief system on /lgbt/
A few people, like yourself, keep pushing it, trying to make it happen
Most people don't give a fuck
>>
>>7967342
Psychology is a pseudo-science akin to Philosophy.
It is what people study when they want to seem important and like to use long meaningless words but really have nothing interesting to say and mostly just want to provoke people and irritate them.
If you are really interested in people you go into Anthropology not Psychology.
If you are interested in people's brains then you study medicine.
Psychology is useless pontificating about muh feels.
It has no place in modern society.
>>
>>7967618
I'd say most people that actually seriously look at Blanchard's typology are not saying HSTS=real trans A*P= False trans which = false dysphoria / shouldn't transition, thats just a shitty meme.

You do realize their are MtF's that strongly identify with the AGP theory / their exists an entire thread on this board dedicated to people that share AGP like experiences? Have you considered that you might be contributing to trans erasure by denying the legitimacy of some transgender peoples experience? Do you think that if being A*P was considered a legitimate sexual orientation rather than a "fetish" you / others would be more open to the idea of it?
>>
>>7967576
>a trans sibling
Is she HSTS or AGP?
>>
>>7967611
Even if the medical professionals of WPATH accepted Blanchard's theories as valid, I would reject and will always reject this kind of headshrink psychobabble, trust me I have had plenty of experience with these so-called professionals of psychology, they are all quacks
>>
>>7967748
Hmm okay fair enough anon.
>>
>>7967342
No, it speaks to the fact that blanchardianism helps tons of people by acknowledging their existence and encouraging them to seek the treatment they need
>>
>>7967835
Wouldn't that mean the transfeminists who try to silence it for their political reasons are doing more harm than good?
>>
Is there even a single TruTrans in this shithole? Or do they all hang out in cis women sites?
>>
>>7968022
It would mean exactly that.
>>
>>7968137
Why don't they stop? Don't they realize?
>>
>>7967349
AGP, HSTS, all that nonsense is just Nonsense.

If transwomen would get out of their fucking basements and go interact in the world more they would realize things are no where near as dire as they are made out to be.

I am mtf. I am dating/living with a cis girl who loves me. I have cis female friends and and the other people I have interacted with treat me like I am cis too for the most part.

Every once in a while (usually at stores, and especially at grocery stores) people might stare at me clearly confused about what they are looking at, but no one actually says anything rude etc.

All the extra shit that lesbian transwomen get is just lunacy too. We are no different from straight or bi transwomen. It is just our orientation, and makes us no more or less valid.

/lgbt/ in recent months has plummeted into full on madness haha. What is worse is (literal) newfags who come here see all this not knowing any better and accept it as the norm and continue to preach it.

Just wise the fuck up people. Go pet a cat or something.
>>
>>7968188
>all this made up bullshit
How are things going in the asylum?
>>
File: IMG_0293.png (474KB, 782x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293.png
474KB, 782x806px
>>7968125
I've met a few true-early trans here but yes. For the most part you guys have chased them out.
>>
>>7968231
LOL nice meme cara
>>
>>7968188
t. an AGP

>>7968231
I'm still here, idk why tho
>>
File: 1489860493308.png (300KB, 464x596px) Image search: [Google]
1489860493308.png
300KB, 464x596px
>>7968380
How is it a meme?
>>
>>7968188
>We are no different from bi transwomen.
Right. They are AGP too.
>>
>>7968137
Most trannies are like most people in that they are retarded spooked normies
>>
Fuck
>>7968442
Meant for
>>7968152
>>
>>7968404
An HSTS! Let's talk about your transition! Post pictures of your body! We're all girls here ;)
>>
>4chan believing pseudoscience that most of the scientific community rejects.
Why are 4chan users so fucking stupid? Is it because they trust memes more than science?
>>
>>7968406
Don't play dumb you know what I'm talking about
>>
>>7968442
>>7968448
What will woke them?
>>
File: 34534534.png (2MB, 1460x1426px) Image search: [Google]
34534534.png
2MB, 1460x1426px
>>7968564
except that it's true that all of the early transitioners posters i've spoken to personally couldn't stop talking about how much they hated the adult transitioners here.
>>
>>7967366
>>7967667
>>7967748

So, it's not that you don't believe there exists a better scientific theory among psychologists to explain the causes of or classify transexuality, but rather, you don't believe psychology is a real science. Cute.

I'm certain you could have made an actual scientific argument against Blanchard's Typology, but instead, by attacking psychology itself, you attack the premise itself -- that abnormalities in the human mind such as transexuality can be explained in the first place by psychology, which is by definition the science of the human mind.
>>
>>7968834
science is generally constructed via scientific consensus and peer review. the blanchardian typology fails at these largely because it, as far i've read, possesses extremely poor methodology and is for the most part unfalsifiable. its essentially some guy's personal opinion taken as gospel in /lgbt/ because the local trannies are bitchy as fuck and need to assert superiority over each other by claiming to be the only true trannies while everybody else is a fetishist

that and cara's autism which newfags take seriously
>>
File: tahw.png (251KB, 1352x1357px) Image search: [Google]
tahw.png
251KB, 1352x1357px
>>7967342
>look up blanchardianism
>links only to 4chan
>look up blanchardian
>no results
>look up blanchard
>a bunch of random shit
>>
>>7969084

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blanchard%27s+typology
>>
>>7969084
ray blanchard created a large bunk pseudoscientific typology of trannies dividing them between HSTS "homosexual transsexuals" and AGPs "autogynephiles", both of these typologies assert that trannies are men, with the former being gay men who are so desperate for straight man dick they turn into trannies, and the latter being fetishists that become aroused by seeing themselves as women.

For some autistic reason straight trannies here think "HSTS" means "TruTrans" even though it just calls them gay men.

Not only that but thanks to the efforts of an autistic ftm and the utterly retarded caraposter this shit is all over the board and 4channers, being too retarded to do any research beyond surface level memes, believe it.

The most ironic thing about a ftm spreading the typology cancer here is that ftms dont even exist in the typology.
>>
>>7969084
It's a bunch of nonsense the bored girls here use to create drama to entertain themselves.
>>
>>7969062

Right. That's a bit more of a well-reasoned argument. Although I'd say it is falsifiable. If there exists a single person who experiences dysphoria at a young age, transitions, and finds themselves completely gay in the sense of their new gender (i.e. a transbian), it makes the entire thing fall apart.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure Blanchard's Typology doesn't sufficiently explain and categorize transgender people, but that there may be a few grains of truth to salvage from his research. As WPATH suggests, "let's do more research."
>>
File: 4546456456.png (1MB, 1178x1246px) Image search: [Google]
4546456456.png
1MB, 1178x1246px
>>7969124
How people make the use of our theories and ideas has no bearing on what we've done or said. Don't go blaming us.
>>
>>7969124
>both of these typologies assert that trannies are men,
Isn't it the "trannies are just men with a neurological body mapping disorder" theory that says that?
>>
>>7969183
It's not "your theory" caraposter you fucking retard. It's Ray Blanchard's and you don't even understand it properly. Hell, you've posted before that you avoid /mtfg/ because "they're not truly medically trans" even though you're incapable of citing one single proper actual medical definition because even the fucking blanchard typology you cling on to so much you are actually incapable of using correctly.

You're actually an extremely stupid person, cara, you only have traction in this board because its unmoderated and full of newfags, but you're, genuinely, an extremely unintelligent avatarfagging weeb faggot and should kill yourself instead of spreading your retardation as scientific knowledge when you're on the same level of "science" as anti-vaxxers.
>>
>>7969245
>Hell, you've posted before that you avoid /mtfg/ because "they're not truly medically trans"
Ignore her, she thinks that somehow HSTS are medically trans and AGP like herself aren't.
>>
File: 1487661609111.png (69KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1487661609111.png
69KB, 720x1280px
>>7969269
>"she"
Stop.
He's not trans, he's just baiting everyone
>>
File: 345073453490.png (332KB, 586x572px) Image search: [Google]
345073453490.png
332KB, 586x572px
>>7969245
>>
>>7967342
people will try to argue otherwise but yes
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.