[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are flirting and courtship like in the LGBT community? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: couple_2_2.jpg (59KB, 510x511px) Image search: [Google]
couple_2_2.jpg
59KB, 510x511px
What are flirting and courtship like in the LGBT community? How does it differ from straight relationships that you're aware of?

Be sure to include your identity and who you're attracted to for context.
>>
>>7965010
>difference is existence
>mtf
>bi
>>
>>7965022
>difference is existence

Could you elaborate on that?
>>
>>7965022
>chaser is first post

>>7965010
It's different because no one knows what to expect. Western (don't know about any other groups - am uncultured swine) LGBT romance culture has had to evolve differently because of how we've been shit on for behaving differently.

For straight people, it's been laid out how to behave when flirting and courting since we were able to write about fucking. Laws were made to clear up this shit. LGBT doesn't have that. LGBT has the general idea that masculine should be with feminine, and masculine should initiate, because that's how straights do it. But even that fucks up because no one has any fucking clue what's going on.

>Fag
>Fag
>>
>>7965029
straight relationships that i'm aware of exist.
>>
>>7965010
>What are flirting and courtship like in the LGBT community?

1. Establish mutual attraction.
2. Establish sexual positions.
3. Fug.
>>
>>7965090
i'm not even a chaser!
>>
>>7965090
That's a very interesting perspective. Another question I had on those lines for a gay man was where promiscuity fits into it? What standards exist in terms of how long into a relationship, if you even wait, what it means in terms of seriousness, how many partners someone has had in terms of jealousy, etc?
>>
>>7965010
>courtship and flirting
Lol
It's well known that gays find bfs by fucking guys constantly through hookups until they find one they want to fuck a few more times and whose personality they can stand. Then they become bfs and get married and say they met online or at a bar
>>
>>7965193
This thread is a non homophobic, non transphobic area
>>
>>7965010
L here
>don't have to deal with insecure guys
>get to be touchy with cute girls and it's not weird to anyone
>sex lasts as long as you want it to
>beautiful, slender, soft bodies
>no gender roles expected
Hard to find girls if you're femme though, if you don't make the first move.
>>
>>7965127
Have a (You), I chuckled.

>>7965129
You some kind of Sociology major? There are better places to ask questions than this fucking dumpster fire of a board.

>What standards exist
For fags, no matter what body type you have, there is a son of a bitch that wants to fuck you until the end of times. Some say that's because there's little gay representation in media. I say I don't give a fuck.
Some people rejoice that monogamy isn't stressed, some people hate that. Really, jealousy varies, just like in hetero relationships. Believe it or not, we're human too. There's a point when social constructs stop working as an excuse and it becomes subjective.
As far as culture goes (which is what you asked, I just veered off to my soapbox like the naughty boy that I am), it changes from place to place. Overall they just want to be normal, without ever knowing what normal means.
>>
>>7965230
>don't have to deal with insecure guys
No, you have to deal with insecure girls instead.
>>
>>7965236
>Believe it or not, we're human too
>Taking a conversation about generalisations personally
>>
>>7965193
You'd be surprised how many of us are boring normies. Or boring autists.
Your anecdotal, unproven evidence is totally cool, though, just like how all of you /pol/ permavirgins think women are out to get you and actually nofice you, haha).

>>7965225
I admire your resolve, but acknowledge the futility of your idea.
>>
>>7965245
Yes but their insecurities are usually cute. Also I meant the sort of stuff straight girls deal with, where a guy thinks girls will orgasm just from penetration, and if he cums but she doesn't, then he becomes a baby about it like he has a defective and small dick or something.
>>
File: 1489588367999.jpg (16KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1489588367999.jpg
16KB, 450x450px
>>7965259
>Getting buttmad over a bitchy fag's sarcastic post

I swear to god I'm not as involved or interesting as you think I am.
>>
>>7965273
>muh bitchiness

Derailing conversations to accommodate your "bitchiness" is interesting though, isn't it?
>>
>>7965266
>their insecurities are usually cute
What are the differences?

>then he becomes a baby about it like he has a defective and small dick or something.
Ugh
>>
>>7965288
It was one sentence, chill out. You're the only one derailing. Not everything is an argument, and you can actually ignore my posts. It's actually very easy.
>>
>>7965307
I dunno, lots of girls seem to worry about nothings. And of course, insecurity is annoying to a degree because I'm not an assurance machine, but I mean that,some of my friend's boyfriends seem to need constant assurance that they're the manliest man out there. I also don't like when people put up fake bravado to cover up an insecurity, it's not cute or endearing then, it's just annoying and exhausting. Women don't usually do this.
>>
>>7965351
>some of my friend's boyfriends seem to need constant assurance that they're the manliest man out there.
Pretty sad but I don't know how it's more annoying than girls worrying about nothings, besides repetitiveness.

What kind of manliness assurances do they need?

How do women handle insecurity instead?
>>
>>7965506
I just personally don't like the way many men typically go about it. Also I don't know, I've never been with insecure guys myself, I assume it's about how they act or their dick size or something. I think it's mainly rooted in masculine gender roles.

Straight women, or maybe even most women, I'm not sure, but girls I've been with are easily happy if you tell them that part of them that they're insecure about is actually attractive.
>>
>>7965545
Truth. My co-workers are sweethearts and help me like this when I get bothered about something that wasn't even really an issue.

>My hair looks like shit...
>Your hair looks cute!
>Really?
>>
>>7965545
>I think it's mainly rooted in masculine gender roles.
That's what feels so sad about it to me. Like they've been trained to be so insecure.
>>
I never thought about what the differences were. So far the majority of my relationships have just been "Hey you're cute wanna date?" Then we interact like normal human beans, and if we can both at least tolerate each other we fug. Whether or not we keep being romantic depends on how well the socializing and sex went.
That's my personal experience as a gay man anyway.

>>7965571
Because they have been. Men don't have weaknesses. I mean they do, but they aren't allowed to show it. So when they finally get someone who they can be a little vulnerable with, they tend to either spaghetti it up or just keep it locked down like a real man should.
I mean I'd still take that over giving birth though.
>>
>>7965742
I mean giving birth is a choice. Menstruation is pretty bad. When you're going down the stairs or running and your tits bounce a lot and your nipples get sore, that's kind of bad. Getting hit on by thirsty guys is pretty bad unless you thrive on that attention. But otherwise being a woman is pretty good. Plus, it's easy to date a closeted girl cuz if I hold her hand, people still think we're just friends.
>>
>>7965351
>I also don't like when people put up fake bravado to cover up an insecurity, it's not cute or endearing then, it's just annoying and exhausting.

You dislike it when they hide their insecurity. You dislike it when they don't hide their insecurity.

*sigh* You just can't win.
>>
File: The Mirror Man.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Mirror Man.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
>>7966397
I like honesty. At the same time, I don't need any women or men constantly hounding me for assurance. I want to date someone on their feet, not someone on their knees. We all have insecurities, self improvement is the answer. That's how you win.
>>
>>7965010
>How does it differ from straight relationships that you're aware of?
You cannot hold hands in public lest you end up stabbed.
You cannot kiss in public lest you end up stabbed.
You cannot say lovey dovey things in public lest you end up stabbed.
You cannot call him/her your boyfriend/girlfriend in public lest you end up stabbed.

Look at pic related.
You cannot even propose to your boyfriend in public without police protection and everyone behind a fence.
>>
File: london-pride-1024.jpg (269KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
london-pride-1024.jpg
269KB, 1024x768px
>>7966443
>pic related
>>
>>7966443
Come on friend, this isn't true in a lot of places in our lovely 1st world west. Don't lie to the touring straightie now.
>>
>>7966472
>Don't lie
What would I gain from lying?
>>
>>7966446
>handsome white men
Why is homosexuality so white-washed and patriarchal?
>>
>>7966479
you reaffirm your negative, depressed world view that enables you to stay in your safe basement and never venture out into the sunlight.
seriously, though, things are getting better in some places for gay people.
>>
File: the moon.jpg (2MB, 2580x2452px) Image search: [Google]
the moon.jpg
2MB, 2580x2452px
>>7966522
>you reaffirm your negative, depressed world view that enables you to stay in your safe basement and never venture out into the sunlight.
I expected you to take the bait. Instead you took me.

>things are getting better in some places for gay people.
Where? The moon?
>>
File: IAKbEob.png (400KB, 446x530px) Image search: [Google]
IAKbEob.png
400KB, 446x530px
>>7966483
>why are puritans so puritanical?

really makes you think
>>
>>7965266
>he becomes a baby about it like he has a defective and small dick or something
idk about you, but where i live women WILL treat a man like that if he doesnt make her cum.
>>
>>7972783
> implying they don't treat you like shit even if you do
>>
Honestly it's easier than females
Kek
But seriously most guys you will meet are Bros so a lot of what you will talk about in my experience anyway is vidya , tv shows , etc
So just don't be totally autistic
Male 20 gay
>>
>>7972801
true. almost every woman i've ever met has been abusive to their boyfriends, and emasculation/public humiliation is just a super common part of it. i cant even remember how many dudes i've known that had their dick pics spread around facebook/sent to coworkers and family because a girl thought it was small, and literally every time a girl and her bf/husband argue in public she almost immediately pulls the "you never made me cum" card to try to embarrass him
>>
>>7965010
I wouldn't know anon. ;_;
>>
>>7972820
I'd date u if you hope hl3 will come out soon
>>
>>7972831
I may be an ugly autist without a future, but I'm not an idiot. HL3 never.
>>
>>7972841
edgy
>>
>>7965010
Prude gay men are virtually non existant. Its different. Many more gay couples have open relationships aswell. It also explains why you see women being for open relationships until there man fugs another girl, they cant stand it. Meanwhilw the women fugs other men, the man is alright with it. Guys in general are more okay with that then women.
>>
>>7973234
>Meanwhilw the women fugs other men, the man is alright with it.
lol
>>
>>7973239
Find me a women getting cuckedby a guy and stayinf with him, i will be waiting
>>
>>7973251
>implying cuckqueaning isn't the next major female fetish
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.