[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do all the drag queens on this show act like spoiled brats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: o-RUPAULS-DRAG-RACE-facebook.jpg (277KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-RUPAULS-DRAG-RACE-facebook.jpg
277KB, 2000x1000px
Why do all the drag queens on this show act like spoiled brats? Making even the slightest joke or tease about another contestant is basically just asking them to slap you or go on a rant. Do real drag queens act like this in real life or is it just a play for the cameras?
>>
>>7961723
Drag queens irl are bitchy as fuck.
Like all of the gay guys I've met who used to do or do drags are epic bitches.

I so wanted Kim Chi and Alyssa Edwards to win the last two seasons.
>>
>>7961723

I think theyre probably slightly bitchy, but you also have to realise the show is HEAVILY edited to misconstrue conversations and emotions.

For example, they might cut to a queen making a shocked face after another's comment, but she may have made that face half an hour earlier relating to something entirely different.

Don't read too much into it, its just entertainment.
>>
>>7961723
I worked at a place that did drag queen bingo (I was a staff member) and I can assure you that drag queens of all types WILL talk shit about each other behind their backs and be generally catty unironically but I mean they're also all very narcissistic so
>>
Like most women they are a pain in the ass all the time
That's why I went gay kek
>>
its generally bitchy gay people, who happen to do a hobby that attracts generally bitchy people (drag), who are encouraged to act even more bitchy to get on tv, who each want to act even more bitchy to get screen time,who are all made to look even bitchier through editing.

>Why is everyone on this show so bitchy
>>
>>7962887
It's the old "every portrayal of anything LGBT must be the villain" meme. Rather than resist the meme, shameless attention whores like Ru Paul will encourage it if it makes them rich. Whores in clubs will do it if it puts dick in them.

Most of them are secretly mad at cis straight people all the time, but since they're too cowardly to take it out on cis straight people, they have to redirect it somewhere. The good ones torture animals. The bad ones torture people. The best ones attack cis straight diseases, but people that virtuous are very rare.
>>
>>7962887
and that's how you make a good tv show too
>>
>>7961723
>why do characters on a reality TV show act dramatic
>>
File: alyssablackswanmirrorface.gif (394KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
alyssablackswanmirrorface.gif
394KB, 245x138px
>>7961758
>Alyssa Edwards

>All right..
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7drlrSFeMs
>>
>>7961723
>Why do all the drag queens on this show act like spoiled brats?

It is called "attitude" and it makes for good tv.
You wouldn't watch someone who just sat there bored and didn't interact.
They are judged on their
Charisma
Uniqueness
Nerve and
Talent

C U Next Tuesday!

It's not called RuPaul's Best Friends Race
>>
it's a reality show it thrives off drama it's all heavily scripted.
>>
File: orangutan.gif (430KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
orangutan.gif
430KB, 400x224px
Drag Queens in real life are bitchy as fuck.
I think maybe it is overcompensation.
ie. the best defense is a good offense.
They are mean to you before you can be mean to them.
There is a long history of bitchiness called "Shade" and "Reading" and "T" etc. that
is a part of Drag Culture
Not too many years ago it was illegal to wear the clothes of the opposite sex and you could be put in Jail for dressing in drag.
So a who language and subculture developed that used code words with double-meanings.
Remember too that a lot of "drag queens" were also TransWomen who were doing the best they could before hormones and surgeries were routinely available.
And many of them were sex workers or lip-sync artists to pay the bills.
And strong female movie stars like Joan Crawford and Betty Davis (who were often bitchy in their movie roles) were iconic role models for drag queens and so they were mimicked.
Over time this developed into stereotyped behavior that is still copied today.
pic related
It is from "Paris Is Burning" a documentary about the Balls of New York City in the early '80s
Much of RuPaul's humor is taken from this movie and from the movie Mommie Dearest which was written by Joan Crawford's daughter Christina.
>>
>>7963415
>>7965220
>RuPauls
>Good tv

Takes all sorts of people to make a world, including people with no taste whatsoever apparently
>>
>>7965275
They had style, they had grace
Rita Hayworth gave good face
Lauren, Katherine, Lana too
Bette Davis, we love you

Ladies with an attitude
Fellows that were in the mood
Don't just stand there, let's get to it
Strike a pose, there's nothing to it

Vogue
>>
>>7961723
>Why do all the drag queens on this show act like spoiled brats? Making even the slightest joke or tease about another contestant is basically just asking them to slap you or go on a rant.
Isn't that the entire fucking point?
>>
>>7961723

the difference between a drag queen and a cross dresser is that the drag queen literally does it for attention. there are people who do drag that think of themselves as local celebrities. it is considered a 'performance' even if they dont perform anything.

now imagine if a girl was on TV just for dressing up. now imagine the continued success of that show also hinged on drama.

there you go, now you have reality TV as a whole. is some of it faked? yeah. but they're also just conditioned to believe that being a diva means they're famous
>>
The newer batch of drag queens lack personality so they just act like what they think spoiled rich bitches act like. They don't really have the talent or knowledge of camp so they think that looking good is the only aspect of drag.
>>
tranny here

would I actually enjoy this show? it seems like most gay people like it, but drag queens sometimes make me want to kill myself
>>
File: tumblr_no7tac4GiC1u7m38wo1_500.gif (757KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no7tac4GiC1u7m38wo1_500.gif
757KB, 500x282px
>>7965125
I like Alyssa too because she is funny and doesn't always take herself seriously.
Like, she can be a bitch but she can also be warm and caring.
Also she is pretty and can really dance.
I also like Pandora and Raven because they were both funny, in different ways.
And this chick, pic related seems super sweet and looks like a real woman.
Some of the new queens like Violet are just bitches.
In fact, I don't like any of the new queens.
And their music videos all suck.
Okay, Willam has a couple of good videos but otherwise, no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainJZE0vSyQ
>>
File: grid-cell-11185-1436998076-6.jpg (90KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-11185-1436998076-6.jpg
90KB, 625x625px
I think drag queens are more like clowns.
Meaning that they are entertainers who dress up in funny costumes and fall down and act stupid.
I wonder why there isn't really a female equivalent like drag kings.
I mean, I guess there are a couple of drag kings but it isn't a phenomenon like drag queens.
Maybe women with painted on beards is just not sexy to straight women in the same way that men with painted on lipstick is sexy to straight men.
I guess men are just pigs.
>>
File: meryltrump2.jpg (141KB, 527x594px) Image search: [Google]
meryltrump2.jpg
141KB, 527x594px
>>7967584
>drag kings

yeah, it's not that effective usually
>>
>>7967554
kimchi and alaska were my favorites. self deprecating humor done right, plus they moved on from drag race and did some solid stuff on their own.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.