[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What body will you pick when science perfects brain transplants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13

I'd go for something like pic related. I'm already white and I've always wanted to be blonde and athletic.

The best part is that it doesn't matter how old am I when the technology is there so long as I'm alive. Even if I'm 90 they can make the body and transplant my brain and I'd be hot 20-something year old again with the potential to live forever.
>>
>>7945040
>panties with Y-front
>>
>>7945040
The problem with this plan is it doesn't account for your brain deteriorating, which is the leading reason people die of old age
>>
File: tumblr_oejjhznqRh1ui6l97o1_1280.jpg (175KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oejjhznqRh1ui6l97o1_1280.jpg
175KB, 1024x1280px
>>7945100
Yeah, forget about heart disease or cancer,
the real problem is brain deterioration people!
>>
>>7945100
I find that doubtful...
>>
File: 1465558593580.jpg (209KB, 606x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1465558593580.jpg
209KB, 606x1069px
>>
>>7945100
>it doesn't account for your brain deteriorating

I don't know about super advanced age but I've read a study that said STEM people actually get better, not worse, with age, so that engineers/programmers/scientists in their 40s/50s/60s are actually smarter and more capable than younger ones.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Einstein remained fully capable even into the old age. The whole "brain deterioration" is if you get brain damage or like alzheimer's.

>>7945173
>100% passable girl with prosthetic penis with a literal on/off switch

Not my thing but I imagine it would be literal chaser Holy Grail.
>>
File: tumblr_lmn2fwa2TY1qar6v1o1_500.jpg (107KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lmn2fwa2TY1qar6v1o1_500.jpg
107KB, 500x710px
>>
>>7945240
>prosthetic penis with a literal on/off switch
Nah, son. Fully functional penis that's too big to hide when I get hard
>>
>>7945040
I don't know. I see lots of hot women I'd like to be. What does that mean?
>>
>>7945647
If you get off on the thought of being a hot woman then it's AGP. If you just want to be hot because you want to be hot then you're trans.
>>
>>7945695
I know I'm AGP but why can't I pick one woman I'd like to look like?
>>
File: asfg.jpg (54KB, 740x437px) Image search: [Google]
asfg.jpg
54KB, 740x437px
I want to be cute, but I want to be tough too.
>>
File: brain in a jar.png (25KB, 390x254px) Image search: [Google]
brain in a jar.png
25KB, 390x254px
>>7945040
just hook me up senpai
>>
File: 1036-1.jpg (336KB, 850x640px) Image search: [Google]
1036-1.jpg
336KB, 850x640px
>>7945240
middle-aged people are experienced members of their field, of course they're more productive than people fresh out of school. go google 'age-associated cognitive decline', or read about it here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4015335/

like everything else in your body, your brain peaks in your 20s and 30s and it's all downhill from there.

pic for the sake of being on topic, no comments from the peanut gallery about my desire to be a swedish dj.
>>
File: aigis2_695.jpg (139KB, 350x484px) Image search: [Google]
aigis2_695.jpg
139KB, 350x484px
>>7950411
>I want to be cute, but I want to be tough too.
Well with a robot body you'll finally have both. Hard titanium shell powered by nuclear power reactor to hide the soft, mushy, emotional innards. And you can continuously upgrade your mechanical body over time to make it even better.

Best part is some people will knowingly choose to stay fleshbags. I can't wait until we can make fun of them.
>>
>>7950785
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4015335/
Well I don't expect the brain at 90 to be identical to brain at 20, that'd be just silly. But as long as there's no dementia or alzheimer's or brain damage I'd still be as capable and as intelligent as I am now or even more.

Besides, I don't want children's body so I can pray on young kids or anything disgusting like that. I'd clearly want an adult robot body. I'd imagine if the technology in question ever comes there there would be a law that prohibited transferring your brain to overly young looking body.
>>
>>7951511
>I'd imagine if the technology in question ever comes there there would be a law that prohibited transferring your brain to overly young looking body.

But why? I guess you could "prey on kids", but you can do that as an adult too. What's the point of becoming younger if you can't even relive childhood?
>>
>>7951528
I guess robotization technology would actually make trans racials (since you could get prosthetic body of a different race from your birth body) and trans agers correct and not insane.

Weird implication I hadn't thought of.
>>
this is our delusion as trans people. This will never happen. this is not gonna happen. This is science-fiction. My mother told me they kept talking about this bs since she was very young. It ain't gonna happen
>>
>>7952357
The world's first head transplant is scheduled for this year. The patient has a rare muscular disease.
>>
>>7945040
My body as it is now only adjusted to have female proportions and organs you fucking fetishist.
>>
>>7952357
>>7952795
Of course, a male head would probably reject a female body, which is just horrifying, to even think of, but who knows...

They weren't 3d printing organs when your mother was very young, but they're pretty close to doing that now, so... give it another decade or three.
>>
Only the richest of the rich would be able to afford anything like this.
>>
>>7952845
Oh no, how do I get a sugar daddy to turn me into a cute grill when I'm not a qt girl now?!
>>
>>7945040
just give me my 19yo body back, and I'll be happy. B cup, 25" under bust, 24" waist, 32 inch hips, and 5'10" tall.
>>
>>7945040
I would want a femmine body with both genitals and maybe four arms.
>>
Pfft, if that technology existed why would you waste it on transferring into a fake human body.
I'd be put into a machine and with a body made of glorious steel I'd never fear conflict again.

Speaking of which imagine the implications of this! Militaries comprised of machines built for war but with the on-the-fly decision making of a human. Super villains could be a thing! Hackers might wield the most powerful of knowledge!
>>
>>7951477
Emps would fuck you up and even hacking would too.

Humans also need hormones etc to function etc who knows how apathetic they would be with no human feelings
>>
>>7953256
Perfectly reasonable. There's absolutely no reason to keep humans confined to the basic human shape in the future. We will be able to experiment with just about anything.

>>7953205
That, I imagine, would also be a very popular request - body at its prime. It would be like the old Japanese man from that one Wolverine film but in real life and with no villains.

>>7953284
It has its ups and downs. Not sure about the ethics of transferring human brains to basically battle suits since I don't imagine people will want to be that for long periods of time. However, that might be the military draft of the future. If we're capable of transferring the brain multiple times you could "serve" your draft inside some killer machine for x amount of years before you're discharged and given a humanoid body.

>Super villains could be a thing!

I've been thinking this as well. Between everything getting connected to the internet, from the clothing to the cars and streets and so on, to even people getting robotized to perfecting 3D printing technology, it feels like 20, 30, 50 years in the future there really could be "crazy scientists makes his own robot army and invades a city".

And, on the other side, we have awesome discoveries like fabrics that are as light as silk but that are as hard as steel. Or possibly mechas or laser weapons (US military is already working on laser weapons albeit for ships) or even a real working jetpack.
>>
lots of tentacles
>>
>>7945040
My own
>>
>>7952913
Catfish him, duh.
>>
>>7945100
by the time a full body prosthesis is a thing, regenerative medicine for the brain will be good enough to keep it going as long as you want.
>>
File: 1487458952763.jpg (72KB, 332x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487458952763.jpg
72KB, 332x450px
i wanna be thicc
>>
File: major.png (1MB, 630x806px) Image search: [Google]
major.png
1MB, 630x806px
make me like Major
>>
>>7951511
> expects the 20y/o and 90y/o brains to be different
> but expects them to somehow function the same
> > expects different thing to function the same
> "unless you have demential or alzheimers"
> dementia and alzheimers are diseases where your cognitive function goes to shit faster than normal.
> early diagnosis of dementia and alzheimers is an ongoing area of research because it's hard to differentiate the early stages from the brain's normal level of going to shit when we age.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
>>
>>7957529
>> expects the 20y/o and 90y/o brains to be different
>> but expects them to somehow function the same
What functional change do you believe there will be?
>>
>>7957537
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4015335/
> "Processing speed refers to the speed with which cognitive activities are performed as well as the speed of motor responses. This fluid ability begins to decline in the third decade of life and continues throughout the lifespan."
> "Older adults also perform worse than younger adults on tasks involving working memory, which refers to the ability to momentarily hold information in memory while simultaneously manipulating that information. For example, older adults may have difficulty ordering a string of letters and numbers in the correct alphanumerical sequence or calculating a tip on a restaurant bill."
> "Visual confrontation naming, or the ability to see a common object and name it, remains about the same until age 70, and then declines in subsequent years.34 Verbal fluency, which is the ability to perform a word search and generate words for a certain category (e.g., letters, animal names) in a certain amount of time, also shows decline with aging."
> "Research has shown that concept formation, abstraction, and mental flexibility decline with age, especially after age 70 4, as older adults tend to think more concretely than younger adults."

all this and more if you had actually read the link
>>
>>7957672
...it's quite depressing to think I'll be going downhill mentally as well as physically once I hit 30.
>>
>>7957761
donate to SENS research foundation if you'd like to do something about it. Aging doesn't have to be inevitable
>>
>>7957766
I wish instead of praying for that to pay off in time I could just an hiro and take the cryo route to whenever it's successful.
>>
>>7957794
You might have issues with that. Cryopreservation needs to be done pretty much immediately at TOD and if you suicide you'll get the legal system involved, your cryopreservation team might not be able to intervene for legal reasons.

Besides, you could probably do both. Most people who do cryopreservation take out a life insurance policy and pay for it with that.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 225x225px
dae evan mcmullin daddy af
>>
>>7957801
I know and it's a huge gamble on ever waking up, just like the research is a gamble on waking in time. It's just a wish that I could escape both risks.

The legal system ought to allow that though, so there can be a perfect TOD cryo for the terminally ill and so Alzheimer's sufferers can save their brains from deterioration.
>>
>>7952819
>My body as it is now only adjusted to have female proportions and organs you fucking fetishist.
I think you can want to be pretty without being AGP.
>>
File: pain.jpg (173KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
173KB, 1024x1024px
>>7945040
>>
>>7961430
>dysphoria triggered
>vertigo triggered
>>
>>7961413
sure I want to be pretty, but I'm rather just be normal and cis so female proportions/organs as the only change would be acceptable
>>
>>7965113
I think you can want be pretty as well as being normal and cis.
>>
File: 1490150407323.jpg (246KB, 642x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1490150407323.jpg
246KB, 642x1107px
Something like pic related pls
>>
>>7965324
Holy shit this makes me want to cry. Why can't I be like 12 months further along on hormones?
>>
>>7965113
hence >>7953205
I didn't have the prettiest face, and my large head looked goofy on my thin body, but it was me. Sure it would have been nice to have a nicer looking face, but as is I was getting more attention than I could handle.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.