[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious Question, is this shirt "offensive" to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

Serious Question, is this shirt "offensive" to the lgbt community.

I view it as purely satirical, since liberty guns and beer have nothing directly to do with the lgbt community as far as i know.

i get theres a picture of trump, i get people hate trump, im fine with that. Im not asking if the picture of trump offends you, rather the whole shirt.

I view it as a satirical shirt made for rednecks or whatever, and only shows support for trump (and redneck things), rather than the intention of offending the LGBT community with it somehow.

Look i get you can make a connection with trump advisors being perceived as "anti-gay" etc etc.. i havent seen anything i believe is out of line yet. Trump was the first president ever in history to fully support gay marriage from day one, hillary was on ellen show telling ellen she doesnt believe in it. I get this point can be argued all day though..

So the issue, on facebook..
i had one gay friend who said he loves liberty guns and beer, doesnt like trump at all, but found shirt hilarious and wants to buy one for the next gay pride march he is in, he's flaming (his words) and thought was a hilarious "poke" if anything

Other extreme, another friend of a friend, who is a lesbian, took extreme offense to the shirt. Offered no explanation as to why she perceived it as offensive, but went off on the deep end comment wise defending herself, but no real explanation as to why she found it "Offensive".

Help me out here, why is this shirt offensive to you, help me understand, pure curiousity.
>>
>>7928143
As an lgbt Trump supporter, I think this is really cool. I would wear this.
>>
its offensive because the stencils are all different 'styles' of objects one is a silhouette the other is a simple drawing, etc.
really grinds my gears.
>>
>>7928143
>I view it as purely satirical, since liberty guns and beer have nothing directly to do with the lgbt community as far as i know.
Actually they do. Liberty means freedom to refuse to bake gay wedding caked, to not employ trans people, etc. That is an innately anti-LGBT concept.
>>
>>7928165
but then how does beer play into the equation. i appreciate the thoughts, but take the shirt into context as a whole. what do guns have to do with lgbt?
>>
>>7928165
>liberty is now innately opposed to gay liberation
We can still have sensible laws on businesses and liberty at the same time...
>>
its oddly pro-immigration
>>
>>7928143
This isn't offensive, it's just redneck 101
>>
>>7928180
they just have to do it legally
>>
>>7928143
Shirts like this are awful, but not because they are just awful in concept.

>I'm a REAL man and I love BEER
>BACON is my LIFE
>I'm a BOSS I need HOT SAUCE
>i own GUNS and wear CAMO my cock is so huge

These kind of shirts and the kind of people who wear them have absolutely zero personality
>>
I dont fimd it offensive per say , i would just never buy it or look up to people buying the shirt. Its a pro trump shirt so if your froend wants to wear it , hes gotta no he will get a lot of hate.
>b-b ut he hates trump11!!:(
Somebody who doesnt know him doesnt know that. It just looks like something some dirty fat republicuck from 4 chan would wear.
So in all , shirts not offensive but the person wearing it probably is pro trump. That in itself is offensive to some people
>>
>>7928190
but not because they are offensive, but because they are awful in concept*

Posting from my phone can't proofread for shit
>>
>>7928143
If I was looking for something to be offended by, maybe. People that get agitated by t-shirts irl seem unsuited to the rigors of everyday life.
>>
>>7928174
I don't know about the guns and beer.

>>7928178
>sensible laws on businesses
>liberty
Choose one.
>>
>>7928208
you kinda hit the nail on the head with this girl, basically.. yes exactly what you said.. great person, didnt mean to offend her, havent responded to her on facebook, but i really dont get the "offensive to lgbt part" and appreciate all the comments and thoughts... looking for an education thats all
>>
File: 1486896719628.png (282KB, 786x832px) Image search: [Google]
1486896719628.png
282KB, 786x832px
>>7928218
What are you some kind of anarcho-capitalist?
>>
>>7928143
I love that graphic.
>>
>>7928251
I'm just pointing out that if OP doesn't want sensible laws on businesses he's anti-LGBT.
>>
>>7928220
im trans and think its funny, i would wear it
>>
>>7928306
You're making it sound like we hate freedom. Expecting business to exchange their offered goods/services for American dollars from ANY paying customer is a longstanding policy of business in the free world. Protection from employment discrimination has long precedent also. People just don't want to apply this to lgbt because, well, we're lgbt. They may claim to be supporting liberty but every free country has laws written for business ethics.
>>
>>7928306
im all for equal everything, i think within 1-2 more generations the whole anti-gay movement that exists will be basically eradicated from history.

I believe people who own businesses should be allowed to choose not to serve any human for any reason. But with that said, no one should be allowed to discriminate ever for any reason.

i agree some sort of laws and protections need to be in place of course, but i think need to be adjusted somehow, i dont have those answers and just dont have enough interest in the topic personally..
>>
>>7928329
>>7928336
I'm just pointing out how your tshit is anti-LGBT.
>>
I think others find it offensive because it is implying the important lgbt is the other stuff and not /lgbt/.
>>
>>7928365
Liberty: the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views.

im having a hard time making connection between liberty, and the shirt representing that with other 3 things on the shirt, so 2/4 may be construed offensively?
>>
>>7928365
It's not though.

Liberty is LGBT, we are literally fighting for the liberation of homo, bi and trans people.

Guns are LGBT, we must defend ourselves from terrorists like the Pulse nightclub Islamic State guy.

Beer is LGBT because we love to party.

Trump is LGBT because he is the first pro-gay Republic president, a man who supported us before Obama or Clinton ever did.

>>7928370
You're looking for ways to interpret it as an insult when it is raising awareness about us. It's a great way for lgbt Trump supporters to show their pride in their sexuality and the man they voted for.
>>
File: 71UbiqLOGYL._UX522_.jpg (23KB, 522x488px) Image search: [Google]
71UbiqLOGYL._UX522_.jpg
23KB, 522x488px
>>7928143
MtF and while it is slightly funny it reminds me of the type of person that would wear pic related. Is it kinda clever? Yes. Does it make you look like kind of a douche bag? Debatable, but probably yes.
>>
>>7928336
> i think within 1-2 more generations the whole anti-gay movement that exists will be basically eradicated from history.
kind of like how racism and sexism were 'eradicated from history' too?
>>
>>7928398
>>7928388
>so 2/4 may be construed offensively?
Would you be happy with a tshirt that has a swastika and a lynching as long as it also had a rainbow flag and "sensible laws on businesses"?
>>
>>7928410
No of course not, but there is nothing remotely like a swastika or a lynching on this shirt....
>>
>>7928430
This shirt could easily be made "offensive" in a few ways. Make B for bible instead of beer. Just have a picture of trump. etc etc. then i could see how it would be offensive sure. but this is just some dumb redneck shirt that people would wear as a joke/satire.

like if someone bought this shirt with the intention to purposefully offend the lgbt community, i think it would be an epic fail. there are probably thousands of shirts that would make a more direct point than what this was intended for.
>>
>>7928143
You don't have to understand. The mistake that you and other normies make, is you take the "offense" seriously. Don't. People choose to be offended.

Next time the bulldyke complains, just don't even bother.
>>
>>7928456
i actually havent bothered yet. theres lot of mutual friends i have with them as a couple and i dont want to be a jerk to them..
My concern was her reaction to this shirt, was like if i had posted a picture of putin giving a copy of the russian anti-gay laws and trump flashing the white power symbol. Like literally flew into a rage over the shirt about how offensive it is.. people asked why, no answer just rage.. but like she was serious about it.. just dont understand
>>
>>7928430
Granted, refusing to bake gay cakes or hire trans women isn't as bad as those.
>>
>>7928484
Russia's anti-gay laws are about as bad as the ones your shirt does support. Her reaction was understandable.
>>
>>7928563
please explain, i just made up that example as the worst possible extreme for a tshirt. If youre implying the trump part of it, again i can appreciate people find trump offensive, but the shirt taken as a whole still alludes me as being offensive. I dont even think she used the word trump once in all her arguments about why she sees it as offensive.
>>
>>7928165
Liberty also means not being denied public accommodations based on identity, fired just for being LGBT, etc. Anti-liberty is innately Republican concept.
>>
>>7928581
There have been quite a few posts explaining why liberty is anti-LGBT and offensive.
>>
>>7928581
trump has taken away transgender's rights and the shirt is using the t to represent him. Idk what news you're following lately if you somehow missed that.
>>
>>7929526
There's a lot of posters in this thread >>7928814 trying to say the shirt isn't offensive, probably for their own reasons, despite it clearly being anti-LGBT.
>>
It's offensive in that it's an objectively bad article of clothing but I don't see why most people would care
>>
>>7929666
This. It's the type of shirt I wouldn't really be offended by as much as it would be a red flag for the type of person to steer clear of. Also hail satan.
>>
>>7928814
>Liberty also means not being denied public accommodations based on identity, fired just for being LGBT, etc. Anti-liberty is innately Republican concept.
lol you progressives really hate language.
>>
>>7929549
whether it's technically "offensive" or not, the fact that literally no one can tell makes it funny. people are gonna assume cishet alt-right losers who wear it are just edgy conservative gays, edgy conservative gays who wear it would look like they're self-hating political masochists (not that they aren't, most of the time).
>>
>>7928143
>is this shirt "offensive" to the lgbt community

lol, im not offended. i love 3 out of 4 of those, I wish boobs were replaced with something else so you could actually market it to conservative legbutts
>>
>>7928143
trump got rid of protections for trans children in schools

that's anti lgbt enough for me
>>
>>7928143
So the gay sees the joke but the lesbian got offended. In other news the sky is still blue.
>>
It's not necessarily offensive but it's in the same vein as a straight pride shirt, ie, you're an ass-blasted straight who's butthurt at lgbt+ people getting recognized.
>>
>>7934774
Trump ended federal overreach.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.