[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somebody please explain this "transition or die" meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

File: womm.jpg (52KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
womm.jpg
52KB, 800x800px
Somebody please explain this "transition or die" meme to me.

Transitioning is only a good solution for an absolute nutter, anyone with their wits still about them knows better than to mess with their (already endangered) delicate hormonal balance for the sake of vanity.

Can you prove in any way that it's anything but vanity? Putting any amount of emphasis on your physical form and/or feeling as though it exclusively defines you is undeniably vanity.
>>
Even if that were the case (it isn't), explain why vanity would be inherently wrong?
>>
>>7911425
It's what's inside that counts. Vanity is shallow.
>>
>>7911429
>hormones aren't inside of you
I didn't do it to look good, I did it to feel good.
>>
>>7911429
That's your opinion though?
>>
>>7911429
>believing other people's lies.
>>
>>7911432
>I'm a woman on the inside
>Therefore I need to take these hormones to make me feel like a woman on the inside
?
>>
>>7911462
>I'm a woman on the inside
>Therefore I need to take these hormones to make my body align with how I feel

FTFY
>>
>>7911465
But everyone talks about HRT effecting their mind and even saying that taking it will tell you if you're trans.
>>
>>7911483
if you feel like shit on mones you arent trans is the gist of it
>>
>>7911527
Exactly, >>7911462 was right.
>>
>>7911483
>>7911527
>>7911531
What if it's a false positive?
>>
>>7911462
>>7911465
Hormones have some effect on expression, but by and far the structure of the brain is in control. So hormones do help the transsexual feel better. They also help align the body to the brain, and that also helps them feel better.
>>
>>7911646
>but by and far the structure of the brain is in control

Gonna need some proof on that.
>>
>>7911646
Unless the hormones turn the brain more cross sex and give the person even more dysphoria, locking them into a vicious circle of needing further HRT to deal with the effects of the last dose.
>>
>>7911689
So, what tells a dog their gender rolls? Are they taught? If so, by whom and why does a dog raised in isolation know how to reproduce?
>>
>>7911694
Sounds like a nonbinary gender person. I feel strongly for them. That's a no win situation. They need to find the mix of hormones and other solutions that works for them.
>>
>>7911709
No, it's someone with a brain resembling the other sex, aka a trans person.
>>
>>7911646
>So hormones
cross sex hormones
>>
File: princess_marco.png (228KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
princess_marco.png
228KB, 640x360px
>>7911709
>>7911713
>>7911732
So... "inject yourself with various steroids until you find the one that makes you feel better"?
>>
>>7911890
source on the agp cartoon?
>>
>>7911415
What about the dysphoria though?
>>
>>7911922
Prove that it's an independent condition.

Chances are there's some kind of personality disorder or psychosis involved that, if properly managed, will ease the dysphoria.
>>
>>7911946
Gender dysphoria happens because the hard wiring of the brain is expecting one sex, and the body is the other sex.The shape and parts are just wrong.
>>
>>7911967
[citation needed]
>>
>>7911946
Then why isn't treating the underlying cause considered more often, in place of hormones and surgery, in treating the symptoms?

I mean, I know that
>the medical establishment thinks so
isn't PROOF, but I think it counts as circumstantial evidence at least.
>>
>>7911971
see >>7911701
>>
>>7911976
tl;dr because it's more comforting than a mental health issue
>>
>>7911973
psychologists have determined there is no way to change the brain's gender expression. So instead of trying to do the impossible, they instead modify the body to fit the brain's expectations.
>>
>>7911981
>psychologists have determined

Who gives a shit what they say? They're not even scientists.
>>
>>7911980
so you are blind to nature.
>>
>>7911986
/pol/ get out.
>>
>>7911967
That's not actually inconsistent with what >>7911946 said. A lot of personality disorders and psychoses are caused by something in the brain, but that doesn't make them any less so.
>>
>>7911986
Would you tell somebody with cancer to just drink fruit juices because the current treatments approved by science often don't work?
>>
>>7911997
No, and that's why I don't understand HRT.
>>
>>7911999
Because you trust medical establishment with one thing, but then decide to distrust them and follow your feels?
>>
>>7911981
Have they actually determined that though?
And if they have, why is there no way to change the gender expression? I mean, it must be an identifiable structure or chemical pattern in the brain, for it to have been located in the first place. Just cut it out.
>>
>>7912002
>trusting the medical establishment
not even once desu senpai
>>
>>7911999
Hrt isn't solely to make me look like a girl, it was to keep me sane even before I passed.
>>
>>7911993
In this case it is due to a normal brain configuration being placed in the wrong sex body. Both the brain and body are normal, just mismatched. Only some personality disorders are due to changes in the brain. Many more are related to life experiences.

>>7911999
Just because you don't understand it, that doesn't make it invalid.

>>7912003
All the methods that have been tried have failed to change the gender expression of the brain. Freud was even saying this when he was practicing. That's how far back they have known this.
>>
>>7912009
*cough*placebo*cough*
>>
>>7912009
>it was to keep me sane

Antipsychotics didn't work?
>>
>>7912028
they never do with gender dysphoria. no chemicals except cross sex hormones work.
>>
>>7912027
HRT had a strong psychological effect on me too.
>>
File: examine.jpg (32KB, 252x352px) Image search: [Google]
examine.jpg
32KB, 252x352px
>>7912031
Something about this post seems off.
>>
>>7912028
"Antipsychotics" are literally just tranquilizers, Doctor Shekelburg.
>>
>>7912034
What was HRT's psychological effect?
>>
>>7912028

so taking antipsychotics and being turned into a retarded zombie is somehow a better solution than the now established and most effective treatment that is transition?

you're either a troll or retarded
probably both
>>
File: mmm, gender rolls.png (104KB, 349x400px) Image search: [Google]
mmm, gender rolls.png
104KB, 349x400px
>>7911701
>>
>>7912051
it had a strong calming effect.
>>
>>7912056
>>7912069
>I don't want to be SEDATED, I want to be ~sedated~!
>>
>>7912079
>calm clear state of mind =\= sedated numbed dull state of mind
>>
>>7912023
>Both the brain and body are normal, just mismatched.
That doesn't mean that you don't have a very serious medical problem. Having parts of your body mismatched is definitely not normal.

Also I'm pretty sure that's bullshit.

>Freud
Arte you serious? What would Freud have known about modern neurology? He pioneered psychotherapy, not brain surgery.
>>
>>7912079
no sedation at all. More like going from constantly nervous to a relaxed normal state of mind.
>>
>>7912079
>being calm is the same thing as being tranquilized
m8...
>>
>>7912082
>>7912091
>>7912093

t. people who have never been genuinely and sufficiently medically sedated in their lives
>>
>>7912087
so you agree the body needs fixing to match the brain.
>freud
no need to. freud knew it was hopeless to try and change the brain's gender expression.

>>7912101
I've been sedated. I've even been a patient in a psych hospital.
>>
>>7912101
huh...yea...because downing 20 benzos totally made me feel the same as being on HRT

the same thing! such relaxation, such calmness

holy shit youre stupid
>>
>>7912101
Wrong.
>>
>>7912107
>so you agree the body needs fixing to match the brain.
I... don't disagree, I guess? I'm saying you have no idea what you're talking about, but I got nothing against sex reassignment. It works, at least in some cases, and there aren't any alternatives that work better.

>freud knew it was hopeless to try and change the brain's gender expression
That's not what "know" means. Freud had no way to tell whether it is possible to change the brain's gender expression.
>>
>>7911415
The "transition or die meme" probably is true. Like you said when you're pretty intelligent its pretty hard to come to terms with transitioning as it really does seem crazy and can fuck your life up badly. Thing is I hate myself everyday and have constant thoughts of suicide because I haven't transitioned. So in the end I think there is a 95% chance I will either transition or kill myself but I honestly haven't figured out which of the two I want to do as I'm in my early 20's now and I doubt I would be passable without surgery and I'm poor as fuck so transitioning seems pointless to me.
>>
>>7912236
>Thing is I hate myself everyday and have constant thoughts of suicide because I haven't transitioned.
But how do you know that's the reason? Maybe that's just how you will always feel. :^)
You should at least try the hormones, though. You can always kill yourself later.
>>
>>7911462
You do know hormones effect mood right? Its not just 'but i'm a girl so estrogen feels good'. It actually feels different than testosterone.
>>
>>7912236
At least get on mones, famo.
>>
>>7912485
if estrogen feels better and has so many positive effects, why isn't it prescribed for a larger range of things in males?
>>
Wow you fucking morons fell for the bait for 65 posts, 65 fucking posts. This is why this board is shit. Not OP, but everyone responding and encouraging it. Go fuck yourselves

And you op lol
>>
>>7916799
because it ruins their dicks
cis males tend to like their dicks
>>
>>7911415
It's knowing that your mental health is going to continue to degenerate to a point where suicide becomes the only option, transition can halt or even reverse mental deterioration, the end.
>>
>>7916866
Just take small doses.
>>
>>7918023
Taking opposite-sex hormones in any dosage makes you a tranny. It affects not only your physical appearance and sexual functions, but also brain chemistry.
>>
>>7918139
What doses would you need for maximum brain chemistry effects with minimal physical and sexual changes?
>>
>Putting any amount of emphasis on your physical form is undeniably vanity.
OP sounds fat
>>
>>7916799
You know I've wondered about that too. I feel much better on it that I wonder how I was ever able to survive without it. It shocks me that males can even survive without it. Or that their bodies don't naturally create it on their own. After taking for 10 months, it seems like a nessesary nutrient like green vegitables or oxygen. IMO I think the only reason it isn't prescribed to males is because of misogyny.
>>
>>7919013
>Or that their bodies don't naturally create it on their own

Estrogen is the primary sex hormone in females but males DO still have estrogen naturally occurring in their body (and females have naturally occurring testosterone).

See, this is why I can't trust you lot. You don't even know this basic shit.
>>
bump, I need answers
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.