[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /LBGT/ can women be allies? So right now it is very in vogue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

File: allyikmp_sticker.jpg (43KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
allyikmp_sticker.jpg
43KB, 750x750px
Hey /LBGT/ can women be allies?
So right now it is very in vogue to virtue signal, or exclaim to your peers (usually on social media) that you are caring and compassionate about a cause when in reality you don't really care. I have noticed that a lot of the support we get from women is largely virtue signalling, a fake veneer to make them look like good people. While it is nice to have someone who is at least pretending to be part of the cause it might be more damaging than helpful.

Equally as problematic is the fact that women believe they are also victims of oppression. This shows that women clearly do not understand the fundamentals of oppression if they are so completely blinded by their privilege. They try to put us and them on equal footing fighting against the same common enemy when in fact they are part of the enemy.

Finally the relationship of gay men and women is completely fucked up and it is nothing be a pet and master situation. Gay men are expected to be stylist, comedian, secret keeper, surrogate boyfriend, protector, complement giver, psychiatrist and fashion accessory. The relationship is completely one sided and then there are issues of homophobic statements like "if you weren't gay you would be the perfect man." implying that being gay is a flaw keeping us from otherwise perfection.

I think that right now we need to start calling out women. They will kick and scream and cry about it (women always do this to get their way, it is part of female privilege) but we need to give them the hard truth.
>>
>>7906700
women are cancerous creatures

/thread
>>
>>7906710
I think they are the most privilege people to walk the earth and so blinded by their universally normalized privilege that they are unable to understand how they are privileged, but I do not think they are completely cancerous. And if they are cancerous then we need to work on a cure just pointing out that they are cancer is not going to help.
>>
>>7906700
Too much tumblr buzwords.

And no, women can't be allies.
That goes for all cishets btw.
>>
>>7906700
Straight women were like the first legitimate allies from the outside, it's retarded to think that they aren't even if a lot of them are cancerous or annoying in our bars or something. We've barely been seen as normal people for like 5 years, and that's just in more liberal places like fucking California, and already some of us acting like we should side with straight conservatives. Honestly feels like I'm reading a thread about whether black people should consider womens suffrage activists allies.
>>
>>7906700
Women are the bane of ALL of humanity.

The artificial womb is our only hope.
>>
>>7906700

I've met a few women who were just all-around "cool" and chill about everything. They were just allies by default simply because they weren't assholes.
Of the ones who go out of their way to proclaim themselves as allies, only very few were not simply virtue signalling. And they're the ones who grew up with gay family members and/or are so totally enmeshed in "gay culture" that they might as well be gay men themselves. They really stick out from the rest because you can tell they actually legitimately give a shit, and took the time to actually know what they're talking about. Maybe too much of a shit because they're usually the first to argue and defend like a female version of a white night.

I definitely get irritated by the fakes, but I wouldn't toss the baby out with the bathwater.
A lot of women are pretty cool to have around, it's just a shame it's not the majority.
>>
But noone can be trusted. Especially if you group everyone ino the same lump sum since you're not taking into consideration individuality and it's easier to just see the shit within a group. Saying women can't be trusted also includes lesbians, trannies (both male to female and female to male), black chicks and so on. At the end of the day even queers falsely virtue signal and can't be trusted. Also walking down the street like a complete fucking fag in your undies for a parade isn't helping to convince the rest of the norm irs that you are normal. If anything it makes the gays look like jackasses
>>
>>7906782
I feel men can be allies because the men that care about gays, actually care and are not using it to show off to their friends.
>>
>>7906797
>black people should consider womens suffrage activists allies
Most suffragists were racist white women. Black people should not consider women suffrage activist allies. Women suffragists were self entitled white women who want to vote but didn't want to fight in war of be taxed (remember all men got the right to vote in exchange be conscription before that only land owners could vote and women could not be taxed, only men could)
>>
>>7906700
You're an idiot.
Get a life.

>>7906797
Exactly. It's sad that so many gays on here perversely worship the values of the straight white men who oppress them and women.
I put it down to a lack of education and awareness and a sad dose of self loathing.
>>
>>7906849
>Saying women can't be trusted also includes lesbians, trannies (both male to female and female to male), black chicks and so on.
Yes, your point? lesbians always try to put themselves first, why do you think they changed the GLBT to the LGBT. Being black does not make a women any less women. Black women think they have it worst than black men, its ridiculous.
>>
>>7906916
>Exactly. It's sad that so many gays on here perversely worship the values of the straight white men who oppress them and women.
If you actually think women are oppressed and not the most privileged people in history you are part of the problem.

Seriously take a look at how groups are oppressed. Look at gays, look and black people and then look at women.
>gays are more likely to face violence
>Blacks are more likely to face violence
>women are less likely to face violence
>gays are more likely to be murdered
>blacks are more likely to be murdered
>women are less likely to be murdered
>gays are more likely to be homeless
>blacks are more likely to be homeless
>women are less likely to be homeless
>gays get longer sentences for the same crime
>blacks get longer sentences for the same crime
>women get shorter sentences for the same crime.

Your problem is that you have labeled straight white men as the oppressor (even though they are the ones who give up their lives protecting you, not the other way around) since straight white men are the oppressor anything that is not the same as what straight white men have is oppression. But in reality you should be looking at groups of oppressed people and how they all group together. And when you do that you see that women are not oppressed.
>>
Playing this oppression olymplics bullshit make you look as retarded as the people you are criticizing.
>>
>>7906987
The oppression olympics is a female only game, it never highlights real problems but is all about getting attention. When men actually speak out about their problems it is usually because not speaking out leads to death. While the rest of the LGBT community is comfortable gay and trans women are still facing an HIV crisis, more than half of all gay black men are HIV+ and most of those are not taking meds. We also face a suicide epidemic that all men are suffering from but gay and trans women are effected the most.
>>
>>7906965
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5959776

The number of American troops killed in Afghanistan and Iraq between 2001 and 2012 was 6,488. The number of American women who were murdered by current or ex male partners during that time was 11,766. That’s nearly double the amount of casualties lost during war.

Women are oppressed. They make up half the population but how many business executives are female, how many judges are female, how many fucking American presidents have been female?!?!?
You're honestly a fucking retard. Straight white men protect the groups they oppress after those groups had to fight against the oppression they STILL suffer.
>>
>>7907029
>how many business executives are female, how many judges are female, how many fucking American presidents have been female?!?!?
Too many.
>>
>>7906905
Gimme a break. Tell me, why the hell couldn't the Jewified white man give his own women the right to vote before they let niggers vote? Why? Fucking Jew religion, and Paul the pharisee's "muh women should shut the fuck up". White women always get screwed over. White women are expected to bow down and apologize to muds and say how oppressive they are for existing. White women are the nurses, teachers, social workers, etc... who have to deal with and bear the brunt of all the niglets and their social ills instead of being able to take care of their own kind. Why? Because they've been forced to believe that if they just use the goodness of their hearts, those poor oppressed muds will be just like us white people. White women are supposed to shut up when they are raped or attacked by a mud because of this ingrained guilt. And on, and on...

Fuck off.
>>
So you hate the stereotypical whore of sex and city and you think every woman is like that.k
Sorry but what do you intend on doing with this post? going on a rampage about how you hate women and then sucking the titties of feminists with the same mentality of "i'm oppressed" .
Try Islam
>>
>>7907029
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded/expandhomicidemain

You realize that 77% of murder victims are male right? For every one woman murdered three men are murdered. If 12000 women died during that time then 36000 men did, plus the 6500 men who died in the war.

You can complain that men are the executives of business but for every man who is a business executive there is a woman at home spending his money. While men make the majority of money women spend the majority of money. And we spend five times as much on women as we do on men. If there is anyone controlling money it is women.

And what "oppressed" group can you point to that controls the majority of domestic spending?

Also consider that women largely choose careers based on what they enjoy where men choose careers based on what makes money. Women still expect men the be the primary bread winner and women are significantly more likely to divorce a man when she is making more money than him. The truth is women are happier having a balanced life of work, homemaking, children and spending money where men feel that they need to work and provide for their families (much the reason men work longer hours).

You can not see passed your privilege.
>>
>>7906700
>>7906938
Nice lack of self-awareness, huh?
>>
>>7907099
Isn't Islam the religion that feminist are trying to push on everyone, especially gays, even though being gay is punishable by death under sharia law?
>>
>>7907102
I'm a man you idiot.
Men are murdered by other men, it's not women murdering women.

Most women work AND manage the household whereas most men simply work.
Women control the household budget because they're the ones looking after the bloody house.

You're literally a retard.
I'm done.
>>
>>7907117
Yeah "feminists",and count the majority of those people say that they are lesbians and they support islam.If anything I've seen them hating straight women more the anything so they can virtue signal how oppressed they are,when they are just college cunts
>>
>>7907153
>realizes she's losing
>"u retard. i'm out!"
Truly female.
>>
>>7907153
Women kill more men than they kill other women.

Women not only control the budget but they also spend more on themselves. The government also spend more on women than it does on men. Consider that even though breast cancer receive the most charitable funding, it also receives the most government funding, even though prostate cancer kills just as many people and is underfunded.

Also complaining about ceos and the president is stupid because neither me or you or anyone in this thread are going to be either of those. But many of us will face problems such as homelessness, which is largely a male problem.

I beg you to stop craning your neck up at the very few men who are above women and look down at the people at the bottom who are overwhelmingly male.
>>
As exemplified by the countless threads we have every day about how women are worthless, dumb, wastes of space, etcetera, it's very obvious that faggots hate women so in my opinion straight women should stop aiding faggotry and start advocating against it again.

>inb4 female

I'm gay and I would be more than happy to be their token faggot as long as I can see you suffer. Kek.
>>
>>7906876
>I feel men can be allies because the men that care about gays, actually care and are not using it to show off to their friends.
That's where you are wrong.
>>
>>7906700
>defines virtue signaling
>problematic
>blinded by their privilege
>fundamentals of oppression
>the "enemy"
>homophobic statements like "if you weren't gay you would be the perfect man." implying that being gay is a flaw keeping us from otherwise perfection
>right now we need to start calling out women
>we
>we
Holy shit. If this isn't bait, please leave this fucking website. It blows my mind that you can post this and not get told to go back to tumblr anywhere on 4chan. Let go of your identity oppression nonsense and stop being a wholly repulsive human being.
>>
>>7907381
>traitor to his sex and his orientation
>>
>>7907406
Nobody cares cause it's against women, dummy.
>>
The reality is that it's impossible to be an ally. No matter what you say or do, it will never be enough to demonstrate you have good intentions. Even a friendly declaration is met with scrutiny to the point where it's not uncommon for an "ally" to be asked to give evidence that they actually are allies, that they have already done something for the LGBT.

The alliance also has little to no benefits for you, as any problem you encounter will be considered insignificant next to the struggles of LGBT. It's very similar to whites attempting to atone for racism: nothing is ever good enough, even if you were never involved, and you will get nothing out of the alliance.

It's much better to leave LGBT to LGBT and take a neutral stance.
>>
>>7907435
If modern misogyny is saying women are blind to their privilege and don't understand the role they play in cis heterosexual kyriarchy, I would rather 4chan be full of white knights.
>>
>>7906700
First step to being a woman ally: Renounce all of feminism.
>>
>>7907218
women's suffrage was a mistake
>>
>>7916880
gay rights were a mistake
>>
>>7906700
I really hate the "ally" system that the LGBT movement provides for two reasons.

For those who don't care, they can call themselves "allies" and all of a sudden, they think that htey become some kind of beacon of social progressiveness (that they don't really want to be part of). It's virtue signaling.

On the other hand, the "ally system" also pisses me off for those who genuinely care - I've seen several of my LGBT friends completely shun straight people as "typical garbage," where I thought that the point of the LGBT movement was that it was open to all sexualities and genders - and this kind of "allies are not part of us" logic creates more of a divide than it should.

Finally, why does it have to be allies? Why not LGBT supporters or members of the movement? We call every other demographic covered by LGBT "LGBT supporters," why do we have to call straight supporters "allies"?
>>
>>7916945
>I thought that the point of the LGBT movement
What is "the LGBT movement"? I'm LGBT but the only movements that call themselves such that I've ever heard of are movements I hate.

>We call every other demographic covered by LGBT "LGBT supporters,"
Since when?
>>
>>7916958
>What is "the LGBT movement"? I'm LGBT but the only movements that call themselves such that I've ever heard of are movements I hate.

I should've clarified here - I'm referring to the LGBT movement as sexuality and gender acceptance throughout people, where people should not bother to care about other's sexualities or genders.

>Since when?
They're part of the LGBT movement, they're LGBT supporters.
>>
>>7916973
>sexuality and gender acceptance throughout people, where people should not bother to care about other's sexualities or genders
Plenty of LGBT people, such as every member of actual LGBT movements, are not supporters of that at all.
>>
>>7916945
kill all straights desu
>>
>>7916993
>Plenty of LGBT people, such as every member of actual LGBT movements, are not supporters of that at all.

Huh. Guess I misinterpreted the movement.
>>
>>7906700
All somebody has to do to be an ally is not be a part of the problem. Calling yourself an ally makes it all about you. We are not a pet project. Just don't commit the hate crimes yourself. Everyone agrees to that, all is good. That whole, "Those who remain silent are complicit!" thing only counts when the majority of people hate us, which just isn't true in the West.
>>
>>7916945
>those who genuinely care
Literally do not exist.
>I've seen several of my LGBT friends completely shun straight people as "typical garbage,"
And rightly so.
>where I thought that the point of the LGBT movement was that it was open to all sexualities and genders
No you fucking retard.
You're part of the reason why we're stuck with pink haired queers, 45 different genders and the general idea that you should treat your personality like some sort of Sonic the Hedgehog recolor.
>>
>>7907218
>Women kill more men than they kill other women.
Men kill many more people than women do.

>>7907412
>opposing misogyny means you're a traitor to the male gender
Thanks for convincing me men belong in camps.
>>
File: Laughing-Meme-02.jpg (55KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Meme-02.jpg
55KB, 991x902px
>>7917931
>which just isn't true in the West.
>>
>>7919161
It isn't. The majority of Americans are cool with LG and B, and are coming around to T.
>>
>>7919207
It varies by state. Also, big cities tend to be a lot better for LGBT than small towns or rural areas. So maybe the majority of the population is gay-friendly but it can feel nothing like that if you're in the wrong state or something.
>>
>>7919241
I know because I live in the rural Mid-West and was beaten bloody several times just for being cis bi male, but even that farming community is starting to be cool with it.
>>
File: Crying-Laughing-Meme-01.png (6KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
Crying-Laughing-Meme-01.png
6KB, 390x470px
>>7919207
>The majority of Americans are cool with LG and B
Even the majority of Canadians are not cool with LGBT, let alone the US.
>>
>>7920522
American literally has gay marriage.
>>
>>7920522
An ugly meme is not an argument. The vast majority of us don't have to worry about dying in the streets and the generation after us probably won't have to worry about any real hate.
>>
>>7906782
>cishets can't be allies

Good luck with declaring 99% of the human population your enemy.
>>
>>7907014
Natural selection is a bitch ain't it twinkle toes?
>>
>>7916936
>>7916880
Why not both?
>>
>>7923181
Because there's literally nothing to gain and everything to lose by having an anti-gay society.
>>
>>7923187
But I thought hating on cishets was cool?

Declare war on humanity faggot.

I'm sure it will work out for the gays...
>>
>>7923191
FYI all gays are not the same person.
>>
>>7923167
Good thing that the heavy majority of that are low IQ retards
>>
>>7923137
So?
South Africa too.
Iran has SRS.
>>7923145
>not an argument.
Honey not everything in the world is an argument, or intended to be one.
Sometimes it's just ridiculing you and your ridiculous ideas.

>>7923167
Oh no problem.
>>
>>7923755
The West is incredibly pro-LGBT.
Iran forces SRS on gay men.
>>
>>7923755
You will need to provide some form of argument if you think my saying that the West isn't out stoning gays to death is ridiculous.

We are safe in the vast majority of places in the US and Western Europe. Canada too but fuck Canada.
>>
>>7929774
>You will need to provide some form of argument
>asking a leftist this
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.