[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do MTFs love lying to themselves about passing? Maybe 5%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1488752514592.jpg (88KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1488752514592.jpg
88KB, 1024x576px
Why do MTFs love lying to themselves about passing?

Maybe 5% of MTFs pass enough to most people not to be able to tell they were born with a dick.

99% of FTMs legit pass so they're fine.
>>
Because denial is all that saves them from suicide.
>>
overestimating ftm passing and the premise make it sound like you are a tranny who thinks they are the exception or a chaser, but i actually agree with you that they overestimate passing.

its really because youre talking to sheltered losers who have minimal social interaction so 'passing' seems to be the end game in their shallow preoccupation with gender.
>>
>>7902923
It's super easy to spot to most FTMs, even those who have been on HRT for years.

A vast majority require surgery to reach "stealth" level of passing due to late transitioning, most do not get surgery or cannot afford it til very late in life.

Also it's not easy to get voice training down for a lot of them.

>its really because youre talking to sheltered losers who have minimal social interaction

That makes sense.
>>
>>7902672
>99% of FTMs legit pass so they're fine
>Some people still fall for this meme

t. FTM
>>
>>7902672
>5% of MTFs pass enough to most people not to be able to tell
where do you live where this is the case?
most people are clueless about how to clock trannies, making it very easy to pass to MOST people
>>
>>7902672
the fact most of the responses so far are making fun of you for thinking trans guys pass makes me happy
t. bdd-kun who spends a lot of time dispelling the 'trans guys pass' meme
>>
hey nuka
>>
Really? I've noticed more ftms than mtfs since I stopped being a shut in
>>
>>7902672
I always feel like passing is more on location and age of population, than looking absolutely cis-tier.

Like, your average person, when they think of trans women, they think of hons like Caitlyn Jenner. As long as you don't look like that (if you do I truly feel so sorry for you), and put a good amount of effort over a long period of time into your appearance, you can probably pass to the average oblivious cis person.

Now if you live in a super lgbtqia aware place like lets say Portland, then yeah, you're fucked unless you 98% look cis.
>>
>>7903087
This. Pretty much the only people who can regularly tell are either trannies themselves, or chasers.
>>
I think by passing they mean they can go in public and anyone too busy to give them a close inspection won't notice they are a dude.
>>
>>7903786
That's because there are more trenders running around than MtFs now.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.