[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard someone once say that autists can't be trans. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1426754988440.jpg (253KB, 736x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1426754988440.jpg
253KB, 736x1107px
I heard someone once say that autists can't be trans.
I don't think that's true, but could autism make me mistake something to think I'm trans? I have legit autism and I think I might be transgender, so I'm just weighing it all up before I decide to tell anyone and get on hormones.
>>
>>7888060
:^)
>>
>>7888060
>I don't think that's true, but could autism make me mistake something to think I'm trans?
That's a good question. I have borderline personality disorder and I put off transitioning for years because I thought my trans feels were related to it. In the end I don't think they were and the same is probably true with your autism. Good luck anon.
>>
>>7888060
it's no longer believed (though whether that's a relevant fact or not can be argued) that transsexualism in autistic people is inherently secondary to autism
autistic people are certainly overrepresented amongst the transsexed; from a blanchardian perspective, this is roughly equal for both ftm types and overwhelmingly agp for mtfs
autistic people who transition routinely have good outcomes equivalent to non-autistic trans people
however in the current social context there are reasons to believe a lot of people who would not be best served by transition are transitioning, regardless of neurology, so that's not a reason to inherently assume you should transition
>>
>>7888119
>however in the current social context there are reasons to believe a lot of people who would not be best served by transition are transitioning,
Could you expand on this?
>>
A lot of autistic people have those thoughts so it is possible. You should look into it and maybe have a discussion with a therapist or something.
>>
File: 1485479755699.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1485479755699.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>7888060
I've read the exact opposite,All trans are autistic.
Better get started on those hormones lady.
>>
>>7888060
Yeah, autists don't understand gender, or something like that.

Is it about wanting to gender role? Or do you legitimately want your physical sex to be female?
>>
>>7892121
It's a mix I think. I physically want to be female, but I also seem to have a fixation on traditiona femininity.
>>
>>7888060
Don't do it just.... don't
>>
>>7888060

I'm autistic. Doubted myself for 2 years on and off before I started HRT 6 months ago. Still doubting myself even tonight but I'm pretty sure my life has improved since I've started and it still feels like one of the best decisions I've ever made. Plus boobs.
>>
>>7888060
From my understanding, the individual's need for HRT is a result of gender dysphoria which is in and of itself a rather terrible experience. It involves a great deal of self hatred and envy, so much so that the prospect of living as your assigned gender is a nightmare.

I'm not autistic and more importantly I'm not you, however if you feel you can relate to what I wrote about your male self being a terrifying reality then chances are that you are just trans as well.

I feel that I should also add, while I hated myself intensely I was still very hesitant to try hormones at first; I was scared that they would turn me into a freak but once I started I never once looked back. HRT has been a lifesaver and I love it.
>>
>>7898077
What if you're scared to live as a male when looking towards the future, but in day to day reality you don't consider yourself to live as a male, even though you know you technically are?
>>
>>7898113
What is it about a future as a male that scares you?
>>
>>7888060
probably
T is poison though so w/e
>>
>>7888244
if you have gender dysphoria then
hon < man < passing tranny
>>
>>7898113
oh if you mean the not-inherently-feeling-a-gender-identity thing then yeah that's the autism, let presence of physical dysphoria guide your decision, I'm the same
>>
>>7888244
i'm not sure how to explain it, but >>7899299's explanation is wrong
essentially, the large and growing number of detransitioners coupled with the fact that detransitioners are often people who got a lot of basic facts right (experienced something resembling dysphoria, etc) make it clear a lot of people who have experiences similar-ish to transsexualism do not and thus should not transition
>>
>>7899299
I'm not so sure about that. For me, having female hormones in my system alleviated a lot of dysphoria for me long before any major physical changes. I say even if you're guaranteed to be a hon you should at least try hrt for about a week just to see if hormones make you feel any better.
>>
>>7899299
hon < man < hrt boymode < passing

FTFY
>>
only an autist would lack the self awareness necessary to realise that if you've got a penis you're male
>>
>>7899825
This is probably bait, but it's possible it isn't, so:

Obviously trans people know they're the sex they're born as; it's just that being that sex makes them hate themselves such that they need medical treatment for it (and the only treatment that works is transition). Also, hormonal and surgical transition can make someone far more meaningfully the opposite sex than their birth sex. If you're phenotypically female in every regard but your primary sexual characteristics (which can even be changed to some extent) and are socially perceived as female, for most practical purposes you are female. It just doesn't make sense to treat you as a man unless your sex chromosomes or lack of uterus are directly relevant.
>>
>>7898077
I can relate. I don't spend every waking second hating my body, but I do bemoan certain aspects (broad shoulders for example) or the lack of certain aspects (which should be obvious which ones).
I mostly just feel completely disconnected from my body. Like it's not mine. If I try and visualise, a clear physical image doesn't really come up unless it's a female one I made up in my head.
The future of living as a man is in particular frightening.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.