[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "transgenderism" a result of mental illness and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1324245883234.jpg (240KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1324245883234.jpg
240KB, 600x399px
Is "transgenderism" a result of mental illness and sexual trauma?

I have no issue referring to people by the names they prefer, or by the he-she pronouns they prefer. But I've seen a clear trend in mental instability, narcissistic traits, and histories of abuse.
>>
>>7887534
No, simply because there are plenty of trans people that never experienced sexual trauma/abuse.
>>
>>7887540
>never experienced sexual trauma/abuse.
That would be me.

I do think I am mentally ill though.
>>
>>7887534
No. Being trans tends to cause stress, anxiety, and trauma as a result of the dysphoria caused by the condition as well as social stigmas against it. They are symptoms of it, not the cause. Hence why the unpassing hons tend to be the most neurotic, whereas passers aren't usually so bad. Obviously it's a generalisation and there are exceptions, but I've seen a trend.
>>
>>7887534
Clinical mental illness requires that the issue impede your life in some way, like weapons grade autism, or having a panic attack whenever you see a venetian mask. I don't actually believe I'm a woman; that's retarded. My lady pills are no different to me than Claritin. I'm so normie it would blow your mind.
>>
In rare cases, people with certain mental illnesses and/or sexual trauma can mistake themselves as having gender dysphoria, sometimes pursuing transition which can worsen their instability. But that's distinct from actual gender dysphoria.

People who grow up with gender dysphoria are also prone to side effects of that distress, like depression, anxiety, substance abuse, etc. And that all doubles down if they have an unsupportive family, which in turn leaves them at risk of things like homelessness, which in turn leaves them more at risk of things like criminal activity, physical/sexual violence, etc. So it can become a real shit show if you're dealt a bad hand.

But in a vacuum, people with gender dysphoria are just regular folk who live with a certain challenge, same as a lot of people. It's not a result of any particular bad circumstance, it simply IS a bad circumstance.

>But I've seen a clear trend in mental instability, narcissistic traits, and histories of abuse.
Don't forget that the loudest people of any group tend to be the most extreme. Most trans people just want to live a normal life.
>>
>>7887600
>I don't actually believe I'm a woman; that's retarded.
So you're not trans? You're taking hormones for fun? I'm confused
>>
>>7887612
Trannies are just men who LARP as women. If they're not self-aware, stay far, far away.
>>
>>7887606
>Don't forget that the loudest people of any group tend to be the most extreme. Most trans people just want to live a normal life.
I'm actually not talking about the loudest in the room. These are people I consider friends. They're good kids, but these are things I've noticed.

Needing to show me 20 selfies one by one. Selfish & self serving behavior, sometimes to the point of ripping other friends off. Predatory behavior, sexually and otherwise. These are all female to males, so that might explain a lot of it. But most of them are on meds beyond the hormones. Anti psychs and mood stabilizers.

Are there any decent studies done on this subject that you know of?
>>
being abused doesn't make someone trans (it can however create other mental instability including the development of narcissistic traits), but being trans can come with being abused for it (then developing that instability) or just suffering from completely unrelated abuse... the thing is people who have been abused are less likely to have proper support systems and more likely to seek outside sources of support... which is why you'll see more of that if you're looking at groups of transpeople talking
>>
>>7887672

+ though generally nonacceptance and peer abuse cause issues as someone trans comes out or shows signs of being different... whether they were abused beforehand or not which often turns into other issues

if acceptance was a non issue and treatment was more widely available then there would probably be a decline in the mental instability and abuse rates... which in turn would bring that number further down, possibly even to a point where it's on a level with cis people... though abuse in general (especially depending on the culture someone was raised with + social aspects) is a fairly common experience amongst cis and trans people...
>>
being a tranny is epic because it requires a lot of work and dedication
>>
File: TF2c.png (33KB, 762x669px) Image search: [Google]
TF2c.png
33KB, 762x669px
>>7887720
>cut your balls off
Manliest thing you can ever do. At that point you've beaten the game, and there's nowhere else to go except to try your hand at being a woman. And since you're so badass, you can't possibly fail.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.