[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wrong to genuinely feel neutral about my gender and want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 59521.png (19KB, 148x125px) Image search: [Google]
59521.png
19KB, 148x125px
Is it wrong to genuinely feel neutral about my gender and want to be perceived as such? I do want top surgery but still keep my genitals.

Thoughts?
>>
>>7873914
Some people are like that but they tend to be tumblr snowflakes.
>>
>>7873967
to tell you the truth i did hear about it from tumblr but i thought about it for a long time, not just instantly say i identify as such. i gave it time to see if it was just a phase or not. And i'm happy this way :)
>>
>>7873914
Depends.

Do you not want bottom surgery because the results possible with current surgery are unsatisfactory? That's pretty normal for trans people, especially FtMs.

Do you not want bottom surgery because you'd rather keep your birth genitals even if you had the opportunity to get absolutely perfect sex organs of your transitioned gender? That's a bit suspect, although I do know a few trans people who felt/used to feel that way, myself included. Originally I thought I'd be happy keeping my dick and may decline even a magically perfect vagina. After about 6 months on HRT my view changed and I would ditch my dick in a heartbeat. Same thing happened to at least 2 more trans friends of mine.
>>
>>7873914
Of course it's not morally "wrong" to feel any certain way about your body or to have an ideal about the way others see it. And you have the prerogative to change your body however you see fit. It's your own body.

As someone who only feels body dysphoria from the waist up, you're certainly not alone and others are definitely in that same boat. Whether people like you can or should be considered trans, though... eh. The consensus on tumblr would be yes, but here it'll probably be that no, you're not trans, you're just someone who wants to get [rid of your] breasts.

"Want to be perceived as" gender neutral? You're going to have to bite the bullet and face the fact that as a society, we're a long way off from that being really possible for anyone. It's a nice long-term idealistic goal that maybe someday, people won't constantly try to put each other into one of the two boxes, but that's a couple hundred years off from now, at least.

A lot of people ITT are going to be retarded and say "neutral is how all normies feel about their gender" but obviously normies who are not fetishists [assuming the best in you, OP] don't want top surgery.
>>
>>7873914
why are there so many nowadays though
>>
>>7873914
Nah, that's perfectly normal for first world cis girls like yourself.
>>
>>7873914

Pretty much this>>7875057
However my significant other has succeeded in being called by they pronouns at the small office they work. It too awhile though
>>
My psy 100 class verified your feelings too. The teacher who has a doctorate explained the whole thing
>>
>>7873914
>>7875179
If gender goes away then trans people and people like OP all get to be happy.
>>
>>7875572
Ok, but I want to be seen as female not genderless
t. mtf
>>
>>7875749
You can get seen as everything female entails while being genderless.
>>
>>7875759
Yes, but I don't want to be genderless...
Is that how you identify?
>>
>>7875870
Well what do you like about being seen as female?

If I had to "identify" as something it would be female I suppose, but I think the idea of identifying like that is wrong.
>>
>>7875922
>Well what do you like about being seen as female?
Hah, that's a difficult question... A lot of it is validation, I suppose. It's more of a feeling. It just feels correct. Largely it lines up most with how I feel about myself, how I want to be, how I want people to see me, that kind of thing. It fits in a way male never did.

What about identifying yourself in gendered terms is wrong? A feeling of confinement, or needing to fit into one 'box', so to speak?
>>
>>7876119
I understand that feeling. I want it too, but being feminine genderless is better.

The needing to fit one box is what's wrong. Even if it's comfortable, it still limits how you can see yourself and it's bad for other people. Seeing people as those two boxes is also why trans people get such hate. Even when you can see yourself in the female box, others won't.
>>
>>7876306
For the record I see gender as a spectrum, one side being fem, the other being masc. Anything in between is fine by me, I'm not 100% fem, but I am enough to be regarded as female. So I get a little confused when the topic of 'non-binary' or 'genderless' come up. I don't really see how something can exist outside of that, because no matter how you look at it, as humans we are made up of gendered traits and feelings, it's natural. It's ok to be both. At this point I'm pretty comfortable where I am, except for genitals, which can be fixed in some small way.
>>
>>7876602
I agree about a spectrum, but framing it as a binary and framing different traits as belonging to one end or the other is what keeps people in one box.
>>
>>7876725
I guess that's where we disagree then. I don't see all traits as being inherently gendered, but it's certainly a large factor. I don't have a problem with people identifying as andro and using the pronoun they, or something similar. I agree about the boxes, I think people can exist on multiple parts of the spectrum at once, but ultimately it's masc or fem traits that form gender identity. So called non-binary people are something of a gender chimera, but still are a jumble of these traits. So they still are on the spectrum, but have more fluctuation, or a wider area to comfortably exist in. I think the problem at hand is that most people believe it to be black and white, one or the other, when such a thing probably doesn't exist.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.