[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to find normal like minded trans people? Everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: hariiiii.jpg (52KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
hariiiii.jpg
52KB, 500x672px
Why is it so hard to find normal like minded trans people? Everyone I've met at support groups and other trans related events are, for one reason or another, socially handicapped or just i plain weird. I know transgender people usually have baggage of some kind (myself included) but instead of keeping it on the back burner most people wear in on their sleeves with pride. Is it just because all of the sane people go stealth asap? I mean I'm a uni student, have a job and a social life, and function as a normal member of society, trans-ness aside but can't find anyone else like me.
>>
this is precisely why i avoid trans related support groups..

whilst i generally prefer straight people's company sometimes u just wanna have a bitch with u who can relate but trying to find one without some form of autism or busted clothes n makeup is impossible.

honestly op it's probably because any passable sane tranny knows it's a fast route to having a bunch of hons drag u into their sad clique.

my only advice is to network with other girls on grindr/social networks as its sorta worked for me
>>
>>7870255
>Is it just because all of the sane people go stealth asap?

That from my experience is pretty much accurate. Any trans girls who can go stealth and not have to deal with the political bullshit of the trans community and the bigotry of cis people pretty much does so.
>>
>>7870255
>trans people
>not handicapped/worth spending time with
pick one
>>
Selection bias...

Why would a normal functioning transwoman go to a -support- group?
>>
>>7871022
It's not even a "support" group, it's just a place for trans people at my school to talk about trans stuff. More like a meet and great.
>>
>>7870255
Usually the trans people that i've met have had a lot of baggage. Myself included in the past.

I think support groups and trans specific groups aren't great and there's a billion reasons why.

Best bet I think is to go to places where teen/young adult LGBT peeps hang out as a group. I've had 100000% times more success in finding pals in those groups.
>>
Trannies are unbearably delusional and retarded for the first few years and then detransition after that so you won't find any, ever.

>Is it just because all of the sane people go stealth asap?
There are no stealth trannies, that's a fantasy.
>>
Only weirdos go to trans events.

Just meet a lot of people and you will meet trans people. If you have an eye out for tells, you'll spot some. Or you can go to parties advertised as queer-/LGBT-friendly. Or if you're a nerd just keep doing nerd shit. The one guy at the yaoi panel or the one girl at the Magic tournament is like 50% likely to be trans.
>>
>>7870520
Wow, it's really that bad? I've only experienced it being much better than cis support groups.
>>
File: anarchoprimi1.jpg (62KB, 473x536px) Image search: [Google]
anarchoprimi1.jpg
62KB, 473x536px
>>7873417
What if you don't want to do nerdshit?
>>
>>7870255
Honestly having many trans friends is a good way to make yourself clockable. There's nothing wrong with finding maybe one who started around the same time as you but don't try to get too many on your Facebook if you ever want to achieve stealth.
>>
>>7870255
My therapist wants me to meet other trans people through a support group he set up. It would be interesting to meet and talk to people with different experiences but at the same time I don't really want to talk to anyone I don't already know.
>>
>>7883039
this is the same for me but even mine has mentioned it's mostly for the hons who can't find friends

i just hang around drag events and although it's not the same at least ppl don't second guess when they see a tall woman with a strange voice being feminine
>>
>>7871366
It's anime club all over again
>>
File: IMG_4030.jpg (36KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4030.jpg
36KB, 800x450px
>>7886408
>tfw you're mtf and RUN the anime club at your school
>>
>>7870255
because all the sane trannies have already killed themselves
>>
>>7870255
>tfw socially handicapped
If I could fix it and be normal I would. It's so fucking exhausting to talk to people and try to appear normal.
>>
>>7887712
Jesus. Your levels of putting up with bullshit must be off the charts
>>
>>7886050
Yuck, drag fucking suuuucks. I dunno, he said that they're aged from teen to 50s so I dunno, might be okay
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.