[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do genuinely happy trans people exist? I don't just mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: Screenshot_97.png (312KB, 682x548px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_97.png
312KB, 682x548px
Do genuinely happy trans people exist?

I don't just mean trans people who are happy sometimes, I mean trans people who transitioned comfortably, lost all dysphoria, have no trauma, and have little to no mental illness.
>>
File: 1479838702270.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479838702270.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
>>7865729
Sauce pls
>>
>>7865748
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=131460
>>
If this doesn't happen to you once you start HRT you're AGP.
>>
>>7865758
But it did happen to me and I am AGP...
>>
>>7865729
There are legit hons who are much happier than I'll ever be, this isn't really a trans thing, it's just the way your brain is wired + trauma you've endured in the past.
>>
I found the only actual problem I had was dysphoria, it got fixed with transitioning. I feel completely happy and normal now.
>>
File: 1488423243708.jpg (88KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1488423243708.jpg
88KB, 1024x576px
>>7865756
Thank u
>>
No.
If you look at the long term followup almost all detransition or end up lonely, sad and regretful.

"I wish that there could have been an alternative way, but there wasn't in 1975. If there was a drug that I could have taken that would have reduced the pressure, I would have been better off staying the way I was -- a totally intact person. I know deep down that I'm a second-class woman. I get a lot of inquiries from would-be transsexuals, but I don't want anyone to hold me out as an example to follow. Today there are better choices, including medication, for dealing with the compulsion to crossdress and the depression that comes from gender confusion. As far as being fulfilled as a woman, I'm not as fulfilled as I dreamed of being. I get a lot of letters from people who are considering having this operation...and I discourage them all."

- Renee Richards, "The Liason Legacy", Tennis Magazine, March 1999.
>>
>>7865996
>As far as being fulfilled as a woman, I'm not as fulfilled as I dreamed of being.
;_;
>>
If you're looking for happy people on 4chan, I hate to break it to you mate, but you ain't gonna find them.
Happy people don't want to be around this shit.
And I would know. I mean, I'm here.

As for if they exist at all, fuck if I know. That would require going out and meeting someone ever.
>>
File: my god.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
my god.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>7865996
>Renee Richards

>American female tennis players
>American military personnel
>United States Navy officers
>American physicians
>Jewish sportspeople
>Transgender Jews
>Women autobiographers
>>
>>7865729
Yes?
I'm alone most of the time because of work and being a lazy introvert. But I can honestly say I'm happy (life cicumstances not withstanding).
I can't be the only one who is like this. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of them.
>>
>>7866119
>I'm pretty sure there are plenty of them.
>41 percent of trans or gender non-conforming people surveyed have attempted suicide
>>
Do happy gay people even exist?

https://psychcentral.com/lib/higher-risk-of-mental-health-problems-for-homosexuals/

Rates of depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, phobia, self-harm, suicidal thoughts, and alcohol and drug dependence were significantly higher in homosexual respondents.

Four percent had a depressive episode in the last week, compared to two percent of heterosexual people. The rate of alcohol dependence was ten percent versus five percent, and for self-harming it was nine percent versus five percent.

The proportion of homosexual people who described themselves as being fairly or very happy was 30 percent, versus 40 percent for heterosexual people.

Dr. Chakraborty believes the findings are “very worrying.”

http://www.apa.org/monitor/feb02/newdata.aspx
Several studies suggest that gay men, lesbians and bisexuals appear to have higher rates of some mental disorders compared with heterosexuals, although not to the level of a serious pathology. Discrimination may help fuel these higher rates.
(cont.)
>>
>>7865729
I would say minus some minor stuff I'm pretty happy with myself and my situation. It helps that I only visit this place once in a blue moon.
>>
>>7866199
Nice, dubs.

Dykes especially are fucked in the head:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence_in_lesbian_relationships
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s 2010 National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey reports on the lifetime prevalence of rape, physical violence or stalking by an intimate partner, focusing for the first time on victimization by sexual orientation. It finds a victimization prevalence of 43.8 percent for lesbians, making it the second most affected group after bisexual women (61.1 percent). [...] The scope of domestic violence among lesbian relationships displays the pattern of intimidation, coercion, terrorism, or violence that achieves enhanced power and control for the perpetrator over her partner.[5] The forms of domestic violence in lesbian relationships include physical abuse such as hitting, choking, using weapons, or restraining, often referred to as "battering"; emotional abuse such as lies, neglect, and degradation; intimidation threats such as harming the victim, their family, or their pets; sexual abuse such as forcing sex or refusing safe sex; destruction of property such as vandalizing the home and damaging furniture and clothing, and personal objects; economic such as controlling the victim's money and forcing financial dependence.

We also spent $3M trying to figure out why they're fat.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2014/09/02/why-the-federal-government-spent-3-million-to-study-lesbian-obesity/

Fact of the matter is, being gay is weird. Being trans is weird. You're literally going against all preassigned cues of birth and evolutionary psychology. When you're born with a cock and balls, it means nature wants you to use those cock and balls, alongside your muscle mass and testosterone, to aggressively pursue a female mate with whom to breed.

That isn't to say that being gay or trans is WRONG.
>>
>>7866220
Although you may meet people that treat it that way, and that might add to the misery. But the point is, your natural desires go against a sort of evolutionary sensibility that only a minority of people will ever have, and that sort of confusion mixed with societal discrimination makes it hard to be happy.

Or, at least, that's how I explain my depression.
>>
>>7865729
In a world of ignorant morons the intelligent don't tend to happy.
>>
>>7865729
Pretty happy so far. Plenty of good friends, a steady job, a nice supply of money, and I've taken well to my HRT and stuff. SRS coming in a month, and I have had a family supporting me all along, and lived with a boyfriend for the past year and a half and going to be with me for years to come.

There is no objective way that my life isn't already better, so I can honestly say that I have transitioned pretty successfully, other than the SRS bit.
>>
>>7866158
Well, yeah. I attempted suicide before I even knew what being trans was.
>>
File: 642364489.png (315KB, 382x386px) Image search: [Google]
642364489.png
315KB, 382x386px
I found out I was fucked when I was 11. I've wanted to die almost every day since then.

I was hopeful for a while when I found out transition was a thing... but it's not working. Two years in, and I don't pass, I have no support, and I'm probably going to become a hon (if I'm not already). I have nightmares about it. I'm afraid to go outside because I think people will think I'm as disgusting as I do.

It's not going to get better. My suffering will never end.

It's only a matter of time before I an hero.
>>
>>7866736
There's always surgeries, even the worst of hons be fixed up.

Generally speaking a chin and nose job go a long way, can get both done under $10k

Hair transplants for baldies.

etc
>>
>>7865729
I would be happy if it weren't for my crippling physical problems and other medical and financial problems in the family.
>>
>>7866736
I'm sorry... :(
>>
File: 1446418901409.gif (217KB, 292x314px) Image search: [Google]
1446418901409.gif
217KB, 292x314px
>>7865729
Repression worked. I live an active and fulfilling lifestyle and am the man free of faggotry.
>>
>>7866736
Basically me, also 2 years into transition
>>
File: 1488060833407.png (133KB, 245x259px) Image search: [Google]
1488060833407.png
133KB, 245x259px
>>7865729
im trans and i'm very happy. i'm 3 years on hormones and I had a boob job and I want an orchi. I don't look like a monster (I was convinced I was a monster for years. It was mostly in my head.)

It's possible to be happy. You have to leave 4chan though. And go out. There's a good world out there as long as you live in a liberal place. Otherwise, i'm so sorry friend.

I get gendered correctly but I have friends that get misgendered and don't pass as much, or just look extremely queer and gay. No one gives a fuck, I go out with them all the time. They sometimes get misgendered though and that really sucks. I doubt that I pass really well, because people aren't always surprised when I tell them i'm trans, but everyone treats me like a girl so there's no problem. I used to have a problem with thinking everyone knew I was trans and that made me hate myself, but again, this was all in my head.

Like I said, if you are serious about being happy: you need to leave 4chan. it's a pithole of hopelessness and depression and an echo chamber that creates a false sense of what reality is like. Reality is your real life and your experiences in real life. Don't buy into the /lgbt/ meme because this is as much of an echo chamber as reddit. (sometimes as bad as Susan's)
There's happiness out there and people that will love you. Trust me my dude
>>
>>7868078
>Don't buy into the /lgbt/ meme because this is as much of an echo chamber as reddit. (sometimes as bad as Susan's)
How so?
>>
>>7868084
Well, I haven't frequented the board for a while now. When I used to come on everyday I would see the same kinds of ideas being regurgitated by everyone. For example, the OP of this thread is an idea that is proliferated all over this board, that it becomes reality. Lots of people here feel like being trans is terrible, and as results it becomes terrible for other people and the idea just becomes reality and attracts people into coming here and sinking lower.
Stuff like that. No doubt being trans sucks, but if that's all you see everyday then you're gonna get very depressed and think that there's no hope that it'll get better.
At least that was my experience before
>>
>>7868078
>I was convinced I was a no start for years
Oh god, right in the feels.
Im still like this.
I've had that thought pattern for so long that it's hard wired into my brain.
I'll try it though. I feel like I'm up here too much anyway. I think of it as keeping myself grounded but I guess it's done much worse than that.
>>
>>7868102
I can believe that but I can't really understand it. Maybe because the board convinced me I shouldn't transition, so my feelings are more positive.
>>
>>7868135
well everyone's experiences varies, but too much of anything can be a bad thing. I try to keep my exposure to any trans community very lightly cause in the end they're worse for me than good.

Trust me tho anon! You're likely cuter than you think. If you keep thinking like an anon does, then you're going to hate yourself regardless of your gender status.

>>7868150
yeah, i'm not great at explaining things but it makes sense to me. Prolly you should just keep that in mind in case you start believing something as fact just because it's all you hear. I try to be critical of everything I consume, so sometimes I look too much into things sometimes
>>
File: sleepy.gif (749KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy.gif
749KB, 400x225px
>>7865729
I'm pretty happy and comfortable with who I am and how my transition has gone, yeah. I do have some issues with depression, but they're nested in issues that are either unrelated (nostalgia and the ever present march of time against an idealized, innocent youth), or ameliorated by being able to pass as a girl (loneliness and not being ostracized by the impenetrable shell that is being seen and treated as the wrong gender)
>>
Well I mean I'm pretty happy.
>>
>>7865996
>If you look at the long term followup almost all detransition or end up lonely, sad and regretful.
wew lad

If you look at the long-term followup, almost none detransition, and the psychological effect is positive for nearly all. HRT alone can result in trans people having similar psychological health profiles to the general population.

>>7865729
I was extremely depressed when I first totally understood I was trans and the implications of that in my teens. One therapist I saw described it as an "adjustment disorder," which I gather is a way for shrinks to say, "is depressed, but because of something shitty happening and not because of ass brain wiring."

But I got over it. I've been depressed in the past over other shit in my life too, but not for being trans, and I've also gotten over that. At this point, I would definitely say I'm the happiest I've ever been. I haven't gotten top surgery yet, but I am on T and it's made me very happy just to be on it. My dysphoria used to be super bad, but it's really low now and I figure surgery will made it close to non-existent. (I'm not counting on "none" just because our bottom surgery is pretty shit and I'm not planning atm to get it.)

The only other mental issue I have is compulsive hoarding (which is definitely not related to my being trans - it runs in my family), but I have that pretty under control right now. I live with a couple of other people, and my room is the cleanest in the house.

So it's not, like, 100%, but I'd say about 85% and should hit 90%+ with top surgery, and I'm good with that as an end result.
>>
File: 23761409.jpg (385KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
23761409.jpg
385KB, 1200x1200px
>>7865729

I hope to be happy some day... but age will take my happiness away again. Cruel world.
>>
>>7865729
NO. ONLY I EXIST AND I AM MISERABLE
>>
>>7865758
>>7865764
rekt
>>
>>7865729
yes. im legit happy and have had a successful transition. currently a little over a year in and full time living as a woman with a boyfriend of 8 months and several friends. work has no problem with me being trans and I'm stealth to everyone except the manager that hired me
>>
I mean for the first time in my life (since transitioning) I feel happy and comfortable with myself and who I am as a person. My only gripe is that my financial position sucks right now and being stuck in a cycle of poverty is shitty. I don't regret my transition despite losing some of the people and things I cared about in the process.

Take that as you will.
Been on HRT for 3 years now.
>>
happens when you're young
>>
>>7868078
>There's a good world out there as long as you live in a liberal place

getting called "she" out of pity =/= actually passing as female
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.