[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/ articles/en/gay-loneline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sufjan.jpg (359KB, 746x1180px) Image search: [Google]
sufjan.jpg
359KB, 746x1180px
http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/gay-loneliness/

>“Marriage equality and the changes in legal status were an improvement for some gay men,” says Christopher Stults, a researcher at New York University who studies the differences in mental health between gay and straight men. “But for a lot of other people, it was a letdown. Like, we have this legal status, and yet there’s still something unfulfilled.”

>This feeling of emptiness, it turns out, is not just an American phenomenon. In the Netherlands, where gay marriage has been legal since 2001, gay men remain three times more likely to suffer from a mood disorder than straight men, and 10 times more likely to engage in “suicidal self-harm.” In Sweden, which has had civil unions since 1995 and full marriage since 2009, men married to men have triple the suicide rate of men married to women.

>All of these unbearable statistics lead to the same conclusion: It is still dangerously alienating to go through life as a man attracted to other men. The good news, though, is that epidemiologists and social scientists are closer than ever to understanding all the reasons why.

What do you guys think about this? Does it seem to fit in with your experiences?
>>
>>7853276
>Marriage equality
>equality
Classic bi erasure.
>>
>>7853276
>relating two unrelated factors together

Gay men are lonely and sad because they're gay (not many people to chose from) and a minority.

I don't really have this experience mostly because I'm not afraid of apps, and I'm pretty involved with whatever community I move into. If you're not willing to put yourself out there then don't complain about how lonely you are. Also this has nothing to do with rights.
>>
>>7853299
Why don't you at the very least least skim through the whole article before commenting?
>>
>>7853330
>Het guy likes women, gets to marry one
>Gay guy likes men, gets to marry one
See what's missing?
>Bi guy likes men and women, is forced denied marriage to a man and a woman
This ain't equality.
>>
>>7853320
Welp I read the whole article. What I said still stands and I pretty much got at the point of the article without even reading it. Minority stress is already well known.

The PTSD stuff was cool though.

I have to say I do abuse booze and have general anxiety, as a white gay dude.
>>
>>7853340
Bigamy is outlawed because it isn't workable.
Jealousy is real.
If you can't stop sleeping around then don't get married, ho.
>>
>>7853340
A het guys or gays guy is still attracted to other women/men besides their wife/husband. Just because we bisexuals are attracted to more people doesn't mean we should get to practice polygamy.
>>
>>7853598
>polyamorous
STOP COMBINING GREEK AND LATIN ROOTS
>>
File: tumblr_nhs27iKMZN1rcdbrmo1_1280.jpg (175KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhs27iKMZN1rcdbrmo1_1280.jpg
175KB, 640x960px
>>7853340

>bi-faggot literally proving the negative stereotypes of bis being untrustworthy, solely sex-driven retards

Guess you could always become a mormon?
>>
>>7853576
>Gay marriage is outlawed because it isn't workable.
>Gender roles are real.
>If you can't stop sleeping around then don't get married, fag.

>>7853596
>A het guy is still attracted to other people besides their wife. Just because we homosexuals are attracted to people doesn't mean we should get to practice gay marriage.

>>7853695
>mormon
Only works for girls.
>>
>>7854333
>>If you can't stop sleeping with men don't get married, fag.
fixed
>>
>>7854333
>>7853695
>>7853605
>>7853596
>falling for such low effort b8
>>
>>7854575
>implying "equal marriage" isn't technically discriminatory
>implying I wouldn't actually marry a man and a woman if I could
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.