[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is offering more scholarships to AGP MtFs the only viable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: feminism chart.jpg (36KB, 675x379px) Image search: [Google]
feminism chart.jpg
36KB, 675x379px
Why is offering more scholarships to AGP MtFs the only viable option for closing the gender gap in CS majors?
>>
>>7850377
Remind me why gaps in education, employment, salary, etc. need to be closed?
>>
Why is caraposter not permabanned
>>
File: image.gif (859KB, 2970x2483px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
859KB, 2970x2483px
>>7850377
>offering schlorships on identity politics over merit

If this keeps up evantually a nigger trans couls be profitable from going to school for a living
>>
>>7850404
Remind me why you hate feminism and equality?

>>7850446
I am offering solutions. What are you doing?
>>
>>7850515
>feminism
>equality
Pick one.

I believe people should succeed or fail based on their own merit, not because of uncontrollable circumstances of birth. I hold the same values when it comes to scholarships.

Also, I'm like 99.9% sure this is bait, but whatever.
>>
>>7850535
Oh right, because everyone starts off on equal footing :) What color are your bootstraps, friend?
>>
>>7850515
No one is forcing females to take shitty degrees. Maybe tell females to go into STEM instead of some shitty art degree.

Also making scholarships based on anything except merit is not a solution. Its called enabling.
>>
>>7850540
Every legal citizen has the same rights and the same access to institution.

The only inequality is the income inequality
>>
>>7850540
I'm not saying everyone starts off equally. I'm saying that those who work hard will advance in life and those who do not won't. This is common knowledge believed by almost everyone except some idiots who think they deserve free things for being born a certain way.
>>
>>7850563
>Every legal citizen has the same rights and same access to institution
You're fucking kidding, right?
And income inequality is a good inequality to address as well. Guess which demographic is one of the poorest? AGP MtFs.

>>7850564
>Work hard and advance
This is a meme, I know plenty of people that have worked harder than most people have in life and live in poverty with little to show for it, and if you're born as a cis straight white man or to a rich family you will never face real discrimination and will pat yourself on the back when you succeed because you "worked hard" when in reality you're blind to your privilege. It's an age old story friend, hence the bootstraps meme being a thing.
>>
>>7850584

Please show me laws which tell schools to give agp mtf worse education than cis white people

Blaming the system for your short comings is no different than blaming the jews
>>
>>7850598
Recognizing that systemic inequalities and discrimination exist is not 'blaming the system', it is dealing with reality honestly.

http://www.transequality.org/issues/non-discrimination-laws
>The National Transgender Discrimination Survey showed that 26% of trans people lost a job due to bias, 50% were harassed on the job, 20% were evicted or denied housing, and 78% of trans students were harassed or assaulted.
Many trans people are also rejected by their families and end up homeless before turning 18 and also deal with much higher rates of crippling mental illnesses like depression, anxiety, etc. due to societal and familial rejection/discrimination.
>>
>>7850584
>blind to your privilege
You say that like it can't possibly apply to yourself.

Anyways, cis white men face discrimination all the time. One example I can give is THE VERY SCHOLARSHIPS YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. There is only one for white men, and it was made by a provocateur to help even the playing field. Another example is people that get fired from companies so they can "promote diversity." By pushing birthright over merit, you're actively increasing discrimination.

Oh, and you're right, sometimes hard work isn't enough. Luck is definitely a factor, but that luck has everything to do with opportunity, not race, genitals, or mental status.
>>
>>7850609
>scholarships for everyone but white cis people

Really stimulates those neurons
>>
>>7850377
feminism-related arguments aside:
agp women are a fairly low if increasing proportion of the population, and their strong bias towards cs fields means that essentially all the ones who want to enter those fields already have (or will when they reach an appropriate age)
offering scholarships to them would have greatly diminishing returns
>>
>>7850609
>26% fired due to bias

How do you know they were biased?
Couldnt it be because those trannies were either incompentent or completely insufferable?
>>
>>7850624
Nobody is stopping white cis straight people from making scholarships for other white cis straight people. Your selfish worthless kind simply don't do it. Turning around and blaming non-white non-cis no-straight people from paying out of their own pockets to create scholarships for their own kind, or blaming others of their own kind from accepting those scholarships, just shows you for the worthless whining oxygen stealing shit you are.
>>
File: bait_trump.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bait_trump.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>7850637
>>
>>7850637
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/ontario-judge-overturns-doctors-will-that-would-have-granted-scholarships-only-to-white-heterosexual-students

No one except judges in canada
>>
>>7850723
How about a real source, not some stupid Christian fake news?
>>
>>7850739
>someone posts a source that disproves my stance
>F A K E N E W S
>>
>>7850776
Ok, ok, now that you feel better, how about a real source, not just some pedophile's worthless rag?
>>
>>7850787
I didn't post the first source. Also, you wanna stop with the ad hominem? You haven't given us a reason NOT to trust the source besides the fact that apparently you don't like it.
>>
>tfw didn't come out before or during college so couldn't get any of that scholarship money
Fuck
>>
>>7850832
Right?
>>
>>7850832
The scholarships I am proposing have not been made or funded yet, I am offering this as a solution for the next generation..
>>
>>7850824
Look, just stop being a retarded pedophile and post a real source. You say you're not the anon that posted the pedo source, if not then why are you defending his pedophilia? That should be pretty easy huh, you worthless dog shit eating cunt?
>>
>a tranny thinks national post is fake news

This is why schloraships should be merit based and not based on someones identity you stupid incompetent tranny
>>
>>7850887
This kind of hateful rhetoric is why we need trans scholarships.
>>
>>7850848

No one posted pedophilia in this thread

You do this everytime someone disagrees with you

Go see a doctor and get help
>>
>>7850895
Schloraships because of fee fees

Lol no

They should be strictly merit based

The act of being a tranny does not entitle you to free money
>>
>>7850906
It should given how badly people like you treat them.
>>
ITT: trannies that think being trans entitles you to free money

Go work harder instead of spewing identity politics.

T. a pizza lover :^)
>>
>>7850933
Pedo pls go
>>
>>7850631
oh yeah, i'm real sure that some conservative biblethumper is going to happily go along with one of their employees coming out of trans. no trans people have ever been fired for being trans
>>
>>7850563
That's not true.
>>
>>7850563
>Every legal citizen has the same rights and the same access to institution.
Bullshit, there's tons of extra rights and opportunities for women.
>>
>>7850377
I first thought you want mtfs to compete in counter strike majors.
>>
>>7850933
Hey, just because we're all delusional doesn't mean we're all THAT delusional.
>>
>>7850628
Actually since agp women often present as cis men for long periods, there is a bias against them whenever incentives for women to enter CS only target cis women and hstses.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.