[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Candians here? Whats the deal with /lgbtq/ there? is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: jordan-peterson.png (449KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
jordan-peterson.png
449KB, 620x465px
Any Candians here?
Whats the deal with /lgbtq/ there? is the shit peterson is on about a big deal? non candians welcome.
>>
I'm not Canadian but I'm russian
>>
>>7849001
Hamilton here, what exactly is your question?
I never even heard of peterson until this very post, so I doubt he's much of a deal at all. But looking it up now, I agree with his stance.
>>
he's a christian bordering on 60, he probably didn't grow up with any trans friends, he's never going to understand.
>>
>>7849044
is the gender pronouns law as bad as they say?
Is it going to be made into law or not?
>>
>>7849044
>Hamilton
ayyyy

up on the mountain, reporting in
>>
I'm Canadian, no idea who the person you're talking about is.
>>
>>7849077
>>7849044
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p93NCyV5Hws
>>
>>7849064
Well I care little about canadian politics because it's already in the shitter, but I know they're trying to remove gender labels from ID entirely, so there's that.

>>7849069
Ayyyy. There seems to be a massive amount of hammertowners on 4chan for some reason. Everytime I mention the city I get four or five people responding that they're here too.

Downtown, reporting in.
>>
>>7849090
>seems to be a massive amount of hammertowners on 4chan
of course, what else are we going to do, we are stuck in hamilton
>>
File: peterson.png (1MB, 1014x901px) Image search: [Google]
peterson.png
1MB, 1014x901px
>>7849087
those legs make me dysphoric
>>
>>7849104
lol.
>>
>>7849001
Not sure, anon. I live on the south shore of Nova Scotia.
Law is something that happens all at once or not at all. I have a memory issue. It's not my problem that I wrongly assume someone's gender or I forget someone's gender. I have a really really bad memory. This legislation would hurt me, and I'm part of the fuckin community...
>>
>>7849001
Execute him
>>
>>7849109
kek
>>7849116
>58 genders in the bill so far
I'm not liking this anon.
>>
>>7849064
It's Canada.
Obviously it's bad and obviously it's gonna be a law.

Didn't they want to ban "islamophobia" as well?
>>
>>7849126
>ban "islamophobia"
isn't there hate crime already?
>>
>>7849124
>58 genders
Christ's sake... Yup.. im out..
>>
>>7849124
>58 genders in the bill so far
wtf I love Canada now
>>
>>7849137
Doesn't matter. they're gonna rack up even more laws on top of it until all "negative" speech becomes censored as canada slowly becomes more and more communist.
>>
File: 1487589113481.jpg (102KB, 899x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487589113481.jpg
102KB, 899x1024px
>>7849177
I kinda want it to pass worldwide just to watch society fucking collapse desu
>>7849181
probably. If this bill fails a new one will get in stealthily later and peterson will get fired.
calling it now.
>>
>>7849064
>>7849116
>>7849124
>>7849126
>>7849155
>>7849177
There is an unbelievable amount of FUD being spewed on the topic. If you actually bothered to read the text of the bill itself, you'll find it very short and with none of this "58 genders" nonsense.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&DocId=8609176
A lot of Dr. Peterson's objections are about the University of Toronto's internal policies. These have nothing to do with the bill and do not bind anyone who is not University faculty.
>>
>>7849205
t.Trudeau
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ABa4RdNPxU
>>
>>7849212
Read the link. I don't even support the bill. I oppose it out of sheer spite for the kind of people who'd push it. I just don't want people to get into the habit of raising political shitstorms based on premises which are factually untrue.

The image you posted is a screencap of a chart on this page. It's from the LGBT Resource Center at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee. It's not even Canadian. Come on.
https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/
>>
File: 1486425734779.png (349KB, 531x433px) Image search: [Google]
1486425734779.png
349KB, 531x433px
>>7849239
>it's all in professor's Jordan B Peterson head
>3 months of news about him
>it's all fake
look into it faggot.
>>
>is the shit peterson is on about a big deal?
He only really denies non-binary genders due to lack of real evidence behind them.
>>
>>7849260
I've linked you to the actual, real text of the point of contention. Please show me one single reference that isn't a two-hour Youtube video with no timestamp.
>>
>>7849001
I don't really follow Canadian politics, but as an mtf I get a new ID, and birth certificate which is pretty sweet!

>>7849116
Holy shit Halifax checking in!
What it do fellow Maritimer?
>>
>This enactment amends the Canadian Human Rights Act to add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination.
And who decides what is or isn't a gender expression/identity?
>>
>>7849116
Ex-south shore trans checking in where you from haha?
>>
>>7849300
>>7849401
Cape sable Island here.
Pretty shitty tbqh, fampai.
Not a very good LGBT community here. But that's okay. Being in the closet isn't that big of a deal to me
>>
>>7849001
>Jordan Peterson

Just watch this video on loop. It's the same "deep" over-analytical shit except it has actual self-awareness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
>>
>>7849212
This stuff is pretty annoying... As a science student we're forced to take arts courses and of course universities love to embrace all the wackiest of ideas that come out of modern liberalism so they've completely changed arts curriculums.
You're no longer allowed to say "his or her" in essays for example. Everything in essays now has to be gender neutral. Professors can often times even lose their jobs by saying things like "his or her" since the faculty has basically banned using terms like that.
My english profs always have to say "masculine identifying and feminine identifying" rather than "his or her" and we have to also do the same thing in our essays. It's annoying because literally nobody in that class even wants to be there to begin with and they have to just make it a little more horrible just because they can.
>>
>>7850177
> Everything in essays now has to be gender neutral.
>Professors can often times even lose their jobs by saying things like "his or her"
I find all this very very difficult to believe. Where do you go to university?
>>
>>7850236
I don't know if it's an actual policy. But that's what it was when I did english at the u of a last year.
I've never heard of anyone getting fired over it but students do complain about it all the time and then profs have to issue an apology and whatnot. Pretty stupid lol
>>
>>7850177
>Professors can often times even lose their jobs by saying things like "his or her"
yeah, i'm sure.

there's absolutely nothing wrong with plural "they," and there are plenty of reasons people might prefer its use over shit like "his or her" or "(s)he," which sound a lot more clunky and are awkward to read aloud. language changes over time, regardless of whether it's convenient to you or not.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.