[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my partner identifies as "genderqueer" or "nonbinary"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (200KB, 561x437px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
200KB, 561x437px
So my partner identifies as "genderqueer" or "nonbinary" but she presents as female, acts female, and dates men (me). So tell me what the fuck is the point of making everyone calling you they/them if you look, act, dress, and sound like a female? Why not just say female with she/her pronouns? Seriously I love this grill in every other way except this, I can't get my brain around it.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>7839733
She probably doesn't want to be associated with the female gender and all its baggage.
>>
>>7839733
Why don't you ask them? If you're going to go behind their back and call them she and a girl, you might as well actually work the issue out.
>>
>>7839750
can you elaborate on that? genuinely curious. She is also fairly domestic, enjoys cooking and cleaning, more creative type, likes makeup and dresses, etc. Seriously very feminine.
>>
>>7839733
Dude women are weird. If she is still putting out, just nod along with nonsense like this. Why start fights and end up having to sleep on the couch and jacking off in the bathroom?
>>
>>7839759
>she

OP specifically said that his GF wants people to use the they/them pronoun

holy fuck

kys
>>
>>7839776
Did you just say girlfriend? GIRL friend? Fucking KYS you misgendering piece of shit.
>>
>>7839750
This
I used to think I was trans because I hated being treated like a girl
>>7839756
Being female makes almost everything you say irrelevant. My male friends all treated me like shit in highschool and I still stuck around because I just thought it was okay that they constantly invalidated my opinions all the time. For example, a friend came to me for his writing and I gave him real feed back including all the problems. His guy friends all didn't give him feed back and waved there hands at it so he kept everything. Needless to say he got publicly humiliated by people who weren't so nice about his edgelord cringe writing. This happened all the time with other issues too. People would come to me for help and then listen to none of my advice afterwards because they had masculinity issues. Not only that, half my guy friends wouldn't hang out with me in public because being friends with people that have vaginas is gay. You're treated like a human baby. I fucking hate it.
>>
>>7839821
But how does asking to be called "genderqueer" and using they/them pronouns do anything if you don't look, act, or do anything differently? I get it, right, women are treated shittily, but how does this fix anything other than making people who don't get it uncomfortable as fuck and possibly even pissed off. Is this more of a political statement or an actual gender identity?
>>
File: 4545645.png (2MB, 1780x1432px) Image search: [Google]
4545645.png
2MB, 1780x1432px
>>7839845
it doesn't, they're a retarded person who is so cucked by the construction of the hetero dynamic that they think that acting outside of it occasionally means that they're flitting between genders.
>>
>>7839845
Now, you're on 4chan, so this is an unpopular opinion, but I think it varies from person to person.
I don't know about OP's partner, but some people just genuinely don't feel comfortable with male or female pronouns. Most however, are merely experimenting or having a phase.
There's a difference between gender identity and gender presentation. Just as some men "act like women" and dress in feminine clothes and have girly interests, but are still men, and vice versa with butch women, I don't see why genderqueer people are required to act differently to be genderqueer.
>>
>>7839845
It doesn't. She just bought into the "gender is a real thing" meme. Gender literally doesn't exist. It's based on the human concept of masculinity and femininity, which are things completely made up by humans because everyone judges them differently and is therefore only a concept. It's like a religion. Some people simply want to present as more masculine or feminine for whatever reason, but it has nothing to do with the "sex if your spirit/brain" as some people say. Other people are born with body dysphoria so they want to change their sex, which has nothing to do with gender. It's literally all a fucking meme.
>>
>>7839877
>It's literally all a meme

The most sense that has been made to me so far. Thank you anon.
>>
>>7839821
lolwat so people treated you like a joke so you think identifying as a ridiculous made up sexuality and asking to be called "you/they" somehow will make that better?
>>
I have to deal with girls like this and I genuinely hate it. They make no effort to seem "outside the binary" and are literally just regular feminine women who throw shitfits if you address them as such.
>>
>>7839845
It's just them setting themselves apart with an identity that has a clean slate and in which they can be whatever they want. I doubt they care if some people get mad at them for using a different pronoun.
>>7839858
Fuck off, Cara.
>>
>>7839894
not that I agree with meme genders but gender and sexuality are separate things
>>
>>7839877
THANK YOU'!!
>>
>>7839898
>It's just them setting themselves apart with an identity that has a clean slate and in which they can be whatever they want. I doubt they care if some people get mad at them for using a different pronoun.
It doesn't give you a clean slate it just validates misogynistic mens opinions that women are generally crazy and are childish in behaviour, and will just drive more men away from wanting to befriend women like you.
>>
>>7839877
so you're saying all these trannies aren't actually the gender they proclaim to be?
>>
>>7839877
Masculinity and Femininity actually have pretty solid ties to one's biological sex, it's how we were even able to distinguish between the two characteristics. Masculinity = traits predominantly exhibited by males. Femininity = traits predominantly exhibited by females.
Where people went wrong was when they decided that people HAVE to exhibit the traits of their biological sex.
I agree, there is no such thing as gender, and it's basically just a summation of someone's expression of femininity and masculinity, but one's biological sex usually influences these expressions.
>>
>>7839918
people HAVE to exhibit the traits *most regularly associated with* their biological sex
>>
>>7839912
I'm not this person >>7839821, stupid cunt.
>>
>>7839821
>For example, a friend came to me for his writing and I gave him real feed back including all the problems. His guy friends all didn't give him feed back and waved there hands at it so he kept everything. Needless to say he got publicly humiliated by people who weren't so nice about his edgelord cringe writing. This happened all the time with other issues too.
what else happened? i hope the first guy regretted his ignoring your feedback.

>You're treated like a human baby. I fucking hate it.
at least you got to have friends. i'd switch not being treated like a baby (or anything else because there's nobody to treat me like anything) for your lot.
>>
>>7839912
>misogynistic mens opinions that women are generally crazy and are childish in behaviour
awareness of reality isn't misogyny.
>>
>>7839914
they aren't trannies
>>
>>7839894
No, I straight thought I was a trans male. If I had transitioned I would have presented as male, not a meme "gender".
>>7839907
>>7839888
Sure thing babes
>>7839914
TruTrans people want to be the opposite sex. As people tend to put it, gender=/=sex.
>>7839918
>Where people went wrong was when they decided that people HAVE to exhibit the traits of their biological sex.
This. Gender is the most heteronormative concept to mankind.
>>7839943
>what else happened
One guy asked me for help with his unhealthy relationship with his girlfriend because I was "the only person who he could talk to" about these things. He said he didn't want to talk to his guy friends because it would be awkward or something. I said he should at least take a break and see if he felt happier, even though he should've cut the whole thing off. Then he decided my advice was completely irrelevant and kept fueling an unhealthy relationship. He's still in it and she's jealous of me because he's friends with me. I try really hard to help him, and he asks me too, but then ignores everything I say. I don't see the point in even trying with our friendship anymore but I love him.
Beong treated like you are irrelevant sucks man. You can be successful in business/goals if you have no friends, but it can't if you are seen as less competent then everyone else.
>>
>>7840050
>I try really hard to help him, and he asks me too, but then ignores everything I say. I don't see the point in even trying with our friendship anymore but I love him.
that sucks. not much you can do when he lets love blind him. i'd hate feeling like i was wasting my time.

>You can be successful in business/goals if you have no friends, but it can't if you are seen as less competent then everyone else.
i don't want to be successful and i'm not competent. i just want to have friends and be cared for.
>>
>>7840077
>i don't want to be successful and i'm not competent. i just want to have friends and be cared for.
This is why society's gender role expectations are bull. We're all just people. You and I would love switching places, but our genders have nothing to do with it, that's our personality types.
>>
>>7840109
desu i'd like to switch anyway but yeah. my male expectations suck.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.