[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trans (mtf) and Christian. How does this effect the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: Joan.jpg (86KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Joan.jpg
86KB, 620x387px
I'm trans (mtf) and Christian. How does this effect the rules about homosexuality? Is it wrong for me to want to marry a woman? Am I forbidden from marrying a man because I'm still biologically male, or am I supposed to after transitioning? I know this is 4chan and I'm probably just gonna get flamed, but I'm genuinely curious as to how I'm supposed to interpret this.
>>
File: 1482224972147.jpg (67KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1482224972147.jpg
67KB, 453x604px
>>7833313
This is just bait right?

You don't seriously unironically believe in the ancient Semitic blood god Yahweh... right?
>>
Repent and get a husband before Joshua F. Christ strikes you down, sinner. Mmh.
>>
>>7833325
Crap, I knew I forgot something.

>inb4 "God's not real so it doesn't matter"
>>
If you really consider yourself a woman than you should marry a man imo. Maybe just abstain from sex if you feel guilty about either one.
>>
>>7833313
Even if this thread is bait, have you ever considered just leaving Christianity and choosing to be an atheist? It would solve 80% of your problems.
>>
how old are you?
did you choose to be christian or did you grow up with it because of your parents?
how long did you know you were trans? are you 100% committed to being mtf?
are you willing to leave christianity if it doesn't coincide with yourself internally or is it more important than everything else to you?
in regards to marriage, 99% of traditional religious institutions wont allow you to marry in their name, but christianity is the only one I can think of with tons of crazy sects that probably would be fine with it, somewhere. think weird churches in las vegas for example that are somehow allowed to marry people, and in many states, gay marriage is legal. I'm not sure about the laws regarding if you can change your sex to what you identify with in a legally binding way as it probably depends and you'll have to research that. don't feel the need to answer these if you don't want btw, they were just meant for you to reflect.
>>
>>7833313
the bible has no injunctions against female homosexuality dumbass
>>
>>7833344
Not bait and not becoming an atheist, although you aren't wrong about it solving some of my problems.
>>
File: 1457166245119.png (34KB, 196x197px) Image search: [Google]
1457166245119.png
34KB, 196x197px
>>7833335
Give me a good reason to believe in Yahweh over any of the other gods, goddesses or gender neutral higher powers.

Oh wait, they're all completely ridiculous.
>>
>>7833350
Being as vague as possible, I'm a young adult (18+) who grew up in a Christian household, left the faith to do some research on the world faiths to find out what I believed, and ended up returning to where I started. I'm not really sure how long I've know I was trans, but a lot of that had to do with repressing the idea for many years. I'm committed to transitioning, and I don't plan on ever leaving my faith again. It's just hard to interpret everything, especially since most pastors don't exactly know how to handle my *ahem* unique situation.
>>
>>7833353
Why would God care about what you do? He is all-knowing, and everything is predetermined. Your actions were already decided the moment the universe was born. Everything has a cause and an effect, and God knows all of them.
>>
>>7833361
I'm here asking for advice, not trying to start a theological debate over God's existence. Kindly troll somewhere else please.
>>
>>7833351
It doesn't explain what gender trans people are, either.
>>
Origen cut his junk off, so you're probably in the clear on that front. Sermon on the Mount, right hand, yadda yadda. There are two references in the Bible to eunuchs, and how they have a place in heaven. But you should probably be celibate. Not to say you can't have physical and emotional intimacy in your life. Sodomy is a pretty big no-no. Intercrural isn't sodomy, and is kind of the gay missionary, but it all really depends on how attached you are to your faith and what denomination you associate with--the Anglicans don't care. What do you feel comfortable with. Personally I worship a different god, but I studied under a Catholic priest in college and I'm sympathetic to theists.
>>
>>7833421
Alright, so that's a no on sodomy (figured as much), but what about a MtF marrying a woman? Honestly, that's what i'm the most interested in knowing about as it's kinda the most pertinent to my situation.
>>
>>7833458
I don't know the position of every denomination, but the Anglicans will marry a same-sex couple. So regardless of interpretation over whether you count as a man or a woman, they will perform the ceremony. The biggest concern is whether or not this situation is fair to your girlfriend. Is she aware? Is she okay with all of this? Is she religious? Is this going to cause a rift between her, her family, her religious community? If this is all your hangup, then obviously that makes things a little easier.
>>
>>7833482
I don't even have a gf yet ;_;. I was kinda waiting until I figured out if it was okay... Anyways, I'd want to marry a religious woman, and of course I want her to know the whole story. A relationship built on lies is wrong on so many fronts.
>>
>>7833495
Wow, you're looking for a real needle in a haystack. A Christian woman who is okay with a MtF partner. The only advice I can give is to involve yourself in a church community that's LGBT friendly. They do exist.
>>
>>7833313
>I'm genuinely curious as to how I'm supposed to interpret this.

Just dont worry about it. God wants you to have fun with everything
>>
>>7833508
I know right? I actually have a friend that hits like 2.5/3 (she's kinda struggling with her faith ever since her church kicked her out after finding out she was bi). I don't think she's into me though, and idk if I could date her since her brother is an even closer friend of mine. You're right about the LGBT friendly church though. That's a good idea.
>>
>>7833313
God wants you to devote yourself to him, join the clergy and take a vow of celibacy, you cannot marry under His sight
>>
>>7833540
I should probably mention I'm Protestant, so becoming a nun isn't exactly an option.
>>
>>7833552
Nuns and monks aren't usually clergy, though they have a few in their ranks for performing certain services. Anon is saying you should go to seminary to become a priest, and fill the desire for another in your life with the presence of god. Marriage is for families. Do you plan on starting a family? Did you bank sperm? Will you adopt?
>>
>>7833570
I've thought about attending seminary, and I still feel called to go out and spread the Gospel, but I'm certain I can do that whether or not I'm trans or married. I'm unsure about having children, but I don't see why that should stop me from marrying someone. There are plenty of Christian couples that cannot or choose not to have children.
>>
>>7833623
I'm sympathetic, but realize that a lot of people are going to look at your situation and say that you want to have your cake and eat it too. You can absolutely get away with being trans and marrying a woman--in a liberal denomination, in a liberal city. But to what end. Take that kind of thing too far, and it's like Jews who say they're "culturally Jewish." Are you taking it seriously. Are you really Christian. Do other Christians see you that way outside of a little urban bubble. You're putting a square peg in a round hole here.
>>
>>7833669
I'm definitely serious about my faith. I try to walk with Christ as much as possible. Heck, I even led a bible study for over 4 years, so I'm not just the average joe when it comes to biblical knowledge either. Trust me, I know that most Christians will look down at me. I'm from a small rural town in a red state. I just want to be myself and find love. For most people that isn't too much to ask for, but I realize my situation is fundamentally different. I don't know...
>>
>>7833313

Are you on HRT already, anon?
>>
>>7833710
Not yet, but I'm pretty young and planning to start soon. I kind of made this thread to try and solve a problem before it becomes one, ya know?
>>
What kind of god would want you to forsake your own happiness and love? Why would he punish or condemn you for something you were born with? If god is truly loving he wouldn't be so malevolent and uncaring towards your situation as a trans woman.

t. Former Jehovah's Witness
>>
>>7833748
Maybe God isn't loving. Maybe the Vikings were right and God is an angry one-eyed murderous witch-king named Odin.
>>
>>7833757
Se dégonfler, Louis. T'es déchiré.
>>
>>7833732

>I kind of made this thread to try and solve a problem before it becomes one, ya know?

The interesting thing about that is that as you progress with transition, your preferences will change. You may end up being attracted primarily to men. Or you might not.
>>
>>7833807
I was trying to prepare for that too. That's why i was hoping someone could give me a clear answer about transgender Christians marrying both the opposite gender and the opposite sex. I feel like every answer I get just opens up more questions :^/
>>
>>7833335
No for real though. he is not real so who gives a shit?
>>
>>7833846
You should consider that the whole "bible says gays are wrong" thing is questionable at best to start with though.
Focusing just on the new testament verses, 1 Corinthians and 1 Timothy, the word translated as homosexual used in the actual Greek here is arsenokoitai. There are no historical records of the word being used anywhere else, just in Paul's writing or at least writing traditionally attributed to him. It gets translated as homosexual in most biblical translations because the word is literally aresen which means man plus koitai, which means beds.
However, if Paul meant homosexual activity, why didn't just use the standard Greek word for sexual activity between men, paiderasste? Keep in mind, the idea of sexual orientation wasn't around yet, there was no idea of an identity there, just behavior you partook in.
>>
>>7833931
I've heard something like that before. Basically it boiled down to "homosexuality" being a mistranslation of a pagan ritual and/or rape or something. I just don't know enough about it to dispute it, and every time I research it it seems to all boil down to personal interpretation.
>>
>>7833958
>seems to all boil down to personal interpretation.
Doesn't everything to do with the Magical Absentee Father Figure boil down to personal interpretation?
>>
>>7833958
Well, my personal interpretation backed by what Greek culture was historically like is that a loving, committed relationship between two men or two women would not have happened in ancient times. Sexual activity between men was something that never happened between equals, due to ancient Greeks seeing being penetrated as being lessened. It was always been man and boy, slave and owner, or temple prostitute and temple worshiper. All things that would be wrong no matter the gender of the people involved.
That combined with the fact that the ancient world had no idea of sexual orientation means that the bible verses cannot be talking about anything resembling a modern gay relationship.
That's why I think the bible has nothing to say on the topic of a loving, committed relationship between two men or two women.
>>
>>7833931
Can I ask what the difference in context between the two words is? I love learning and analyzing this kind of stuff.
>>
>>7833931
Paul used "arsenokoitai" as a direct reference to Leviticus as translated in the Septuagint: 18:22—"meta arsenos ou koimethese koiten gunaikos"; 20:13—"hos an koimethe meta arsenos koiten gunaikos". The intended meaning is the same in both. He meant to reference specifically the ancient Jewish view, and so didn't use the standard Greek word because it would have meant something different to the reader.
>>
>>7834091
Even still, I'm going to assume you know that it's debated whether those verses mean homosexuality in the modern sense too? What do you think on the whole "it means temple prostitution" theories?
>>
>>7833313
Hahahahahahahahaha

Good fucking luck.
>>
>>7834125
The immediate context of Leviticus doesn't quite support the view of it referring to temple prostitution, unless e.g. sleeping with one's daughter-in-law or marrying both a woman and her mother were also done under the auspices of temple prostitution. I personally don't wish to give a definite statement either way as I've no investment in the matter; I'm not a Christian; I'm just interested academically. But I would say that what it means to be a homosexual has varied throughout history and it would be a rather fruitless affair trying to recontextualize the writings of ancient desert peoples as guidelines for contemporary civilized man.
>>
File: velvet flowers.png (105KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
velvet flowers.png
105KB, 640x360px
hey op i'm not sure if you're still reading this but if you are I have advice.
the only truly moral thing is to fall for a ftm trans man.
I'm in love with a lovely trans boy and I plan on marrying him, I'm christian and mtf too.
>>
If you a true believer in Christ and the word of God then you would realize that you can't be trans and be a Christian. By transitioning you are going against his will, there is no loophole here to exploit. It doesn't matter if you marry a man or a woman because you're an abomination either way.

You can't have Christianity and transition, you need to choose one or the other. If you choose both, you're rejecting Christianity either way and just living a mockery of it.
>>
>>7834265
>you're an abomination either way
Is there an 11th commandment we're forgetting, regarding abominations (whatever that's supposed to mean)?
>>
God does not exist, you are a mentally ill man who wants to wear a woman suit and fuck a version of yourself/your mommy/the women who hate you, etc etc etc. You know all this already.
>>
>>7833313
well, both are mental illnesses
>>
>>7834215
I somehow hadn't considered this... I'm not sure it's the ONLY moral choice, but it's definitely an option I should keep open.
>>
>>7834265
I'm sorry, where in the bible is being transgender condemned? Who are you to speak on behalf of God for what His will is for my life? If I share the Gospel with others and try my best to walk with Christ, how would transitioning in any way affect my status as a Christian?
>>
>>7834524
Deuteronomy 23:1 - He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord.
>>
>>7834578
Nice OT Jewish law, but no.

>For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

>For thus said the LORD to the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
>Even to them will I give in my house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
>>
>>7834578
That verse refers to eunuchs, and is an outdated Levite law. Matthew 19:12 - "There are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it." Not sure how either verse is necessarily relevant (transgender =/= eunuch), but either way you're wrong.
>>
>>7834602
A MtF's sex will always be male, and most of them do get castrated making them technically eunuchs, even if they choose not to call themselves that. So the verses apply.
>>
>>7834608
Ok, so there's still no problem then.
>>
>>7833325
>ancient Semitic blood god Yahweh... right?
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>>
File: 1450481581539.png (182KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450481581539.png
182KB, 400x400px
>>7834792
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
>>
>>7833361
You only get to use curative magic with a good/light alignment, otherwise you have to rely on potions.
>>
Ayatollah Khomeini confirmed in a fatwa that transexuality is okay and it's not the same as homosexuality since you're really just revealing your God-given gender which is hidden underneath a physical defect. God gives people physical defects sometimes.

If Islam accepts it, surely Christianity can.
>>
>>7834830
So can two Islamic women get together if one of them is trans?
>>
>>7834215
OP here. Thanks for the advice. I wish both of you the best! :)
>>
>>7834851
No, that would be lebianism.

But a woman (male) can get with a man (male) and it's totally not gay, absolutely halal, according to the Ayatollah of Iran at least
>>
>>7834851
Oh good heavens no. That's a stoning.
>>
>>7833313
If your average christian can do mental gymnastics to get to any outcome they want, you can do the same. Good luck anon.
>>
>>7834800
kek
>>
daily reminder that it is 100% OK to appropriate scripture, the average christian does it all the time to suit their fundamentalist views.

so, as a christian, you should do what almost every other christian does. there is no such thing as "objective morality", regardless of what you believe. homosexuality is not "morally wrong" because nothing is objectively wrong. besides, if god doesn't accept homosexuals, then why the fuck would he accept transgenders?

anyways, in conclusion, don't ever let anyone tell you that what you're doing is wrong. whether you accept yourself or not, the universe is indifferent. so just live the life you want to live. live to enjoy life. i don't know what will happen when i die, but i'm not willing to take any chances. you shouldn't, either.
>>
>>7834851

What part of "homosexuality is not OK but transsexuality is" don't you understand?
>>
>>7833313
I only know a little bit about this subject but as far as I know the argument against homosexuality is that it is an illness. Or in christian terms, that God's creation is damaged. If you are trans, or even just have aspergers or a disability, then I'd say you are "damaged" in the same way homosexuals are.

If you are fine with transitioning you should be fine with homosexuality as well.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.