[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've realized that all humans fear what they can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

I've realized that all humans fear what they can't understand. Those of us who don't experience fear don't understand everything, but we see the world objectively.

That's why became gay. I realized that men+men relationships are superior to men+women relationships in every way. Thank you for enlightening me /lgbt/.

However, then I consider Christ's conception of love
>pic very much related

Now I'm uncertain of of homosexuality and whether it's compatible with Christianity, i.e. the New Testament?
>>
To start, homosexuality in and of itself is not really defined as a sin. It is the sexual act of lying with men as one would women that the bible contemns. In addition, the Bible absolutely condemns heterosexual relations as well (premarital sex for example). The only issue is interpretation and not the faith itself.
>>
>>7828421

Is platonism compatible with homosexuality?
>>
>>7828421
>It is the sexual act of lying with men as one would women that the bible contemns.

Only in the context of pagan ritual worship. There is no injunction against homosexual acts in and of themselves anywhere in either the Old or the New Testament.

t. gay Christian
>>
>>7828454
What the fuck does that even mean
>>
>>7828546
Isn't homosexuality itself heavily implied to be negative even outside of Pagan ritual worship?
>>
>>7828558
Do you have a particular passage in mind?

I'm very familiar with all of the ones that people usually cite and I can debunk the anti-homo interpretations of them in my sleep at this point.

They're as ridiculous as the interpretations of the story of Onan being about how masturbation is a sin.
>>
>>7828640
No, I have not studied the Bible extensively enough to have a legitimate argument. I was asking you personally, since you seem to know more than me.
>>
>>7828673
It's very easy to get the impression that homosexuality is a sin in Christianity on account of all of the misinformation out there. Reading the Bible without these preconceived notions is all that is necessary to see that it isn't the case.

Do you belong to a faith?
>>
File: 437.png (957KB, 600x1219px) Image search: [Google]
437.png
957KB, 600x1219px
your post makes no sense
>>
>>7828397
Read the bible and get rid of religious brainwashing
>>
File: classical liberalism.gif (793KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
classical liberalism.gif
793KB, 360x203px
>>7830102
>>
>>7828397
That pic makes me miss my ex. Sigh.

On topic. Who cares? I think that if there was a deity that was watching over this planet what willing participant I put my dick into would not be high on his 'fix it' list. A god who cares about such innocuous things has to be pretty weak.
>>
File: 1486856934292.jpg (39KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1486856934292.jpg
39KB, 500x456px
>>7828397
That pic is cute.
>You will never be that girl.
Kill me.
>>
>>7828454
Yes, in fact the original idea of Platonic love was about sexual relationships between men.
>>
>>7828397
>Those of us who don't experience fear
There are no people like that.
>>
>>7828546
>There is no injunction against homosexual acts in and of themselves anywhere in either the Old or the New Testament.

Throughout the Old Testament it condemns homosexuality. I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics you're doing to reinterpret the obvious to be gay friendly.

Leviticus 18:22: “You must not lie down with a male in the same way that you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable act."

1st Corinthians 6:9: "Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality,"

1st Timothy 1:8-10: "Now we know that the Law is fine if one applies it properly, recognizing that law is made, not for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, ungodly and sinners, disloyal and profane, murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, manslayers, sexually immoral people, men who practice homosexuality, kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and everything else that is in opposition to the wholesome teaching"

Romans 1:26-27: "That is why God gave them over to uncontrolled sexual passion, for their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; likewise also the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full penalty, which was due for their error."

Leviticus 20:13: “‘If a man lies down with a male the same as one lies down with a woman, both of them have done a detestable thing. They should be put to death without fail. Their own blood is upon them."
>>
>>7830605
I've heard the passages from the New Testament are mistranslated and actually forbid effeminate men, not gay men
>>
>>7830630
But what the fuck is an effeminate man? A dude that wears pink? A male florist? A skinny guy? A man who cries? It's apparent this is in regards to gay sex (probably bottoming in particular). Anything else doesn't make sense.
>>
>>7830641
I mean, you could try and say this is referring to transsexuals, but then there's this scripture which has me thinking transsexuals are okay.

Matthew 19:12: "For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs on account of the Kingdom of the heavens. Let the one who can make room for it make room for it.” ~Jesus Christ himself
>>
>>7830630
You're wrong. The original term used by Paul was "ἀρσενοkοῖται"—"arsenokoitai", a term he coined himself, he of course working off the Septuagint translation, wherein appear the words "ἄρσενος kοίτην" in Leviticus 20:13. It's a direct reference to Leviticus, and you can then debate about the nature of men laying with men in the time of ancient Israel if you so wish, but it's nothing to do with effeminate behaviour.
>>
>>7828397
The bible is not the end all be am of morality. There are prescriptions for how to treat your slaves, making it a tacit endorsement of slavery, which was an economic necessity in the pre-industrial era.
It commands followers to murder children who speak blasphemies. That could easily include claiming that their imaginary friend is named Jesus because the kid heard that name a lot in church or a church based preschool.
Don't live your life based on an unchanging and shallow interpretation of an unchanging book. Morality evolves past that, and people who talk about the bible as the source of all the answers in life conveniently leave out passages about slavery, men marrying their rape victims as an atonement for rape, or that one of the Israelite's greatest and wisest kings also consorted with literal demons.
>>
>>7830641
> what is an effeminate man
Read Machiavelli.
Basically though, if I really had to tldr you: don't be a fucking faggot
>>
>>7830297

There are some findings indicating that sociopaths don't. Something to do with a hypoactive amygdala.
>>
>>7830605
>Leviticus 18:22

The section this passage is taken from deals specifically with worship of the pagan god Molech. The two most popular forms of Molech worship were child sacrifice (forbidden in the passage immediately preceding the one you cited) and sex with male prostitutes in the temple. Homosexual acts are only ever condemned in this context of pagan idolatry. In fact, the Hebrew word usually rendered as "abomination" ("detestable" in the translation you used) is "to'evah", which would more accurately be translated as "ritually unclean".

>1st Corinthians 6:9
>1st Timothy 1:8-10

If you see any variation of the phrase "homosexuality", you can immediately discard that particular translation of the Bible. Greek had more words to describe homosexual acts than any other language and NONE of them appear anywhere in the Bible. The words translated to homosexuality here refer to effeminacy (moral laxness) and general sexual immorality.

>Romans 1:26-27

Paul is here referring to the early Christians who fell back into pagan practices just as the Israelites did. Read ahead slightly and you'll see him refer to those who "worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator" - it's a direct reference to that passage from Leviticus dealing with temple prostitution. See what this anon posted here: >>7830692
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.