[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what am i if i dont "want" to be a girl?? like transitioning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (16KB, 320x177px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 320x177px
what am i if i dont "want" to be a girl?? like transitioning is something that i have to do now because i don't feel like theres any other option
>>
In denial.
>>
>>7818468
>no option but to transition
>in other words, no option but to become a girl
hmm why would that be gee I wonder if maybe it's because you wanted that
>>
File: 1431101219134.jpg (398KB, 492x502px) Image search: [Google]
1431101219134.jpg
398KB, 492x502px
>>7818468
This is me and I'm several years hrt as well as post op. Wanting to be a girl is a pretty different thing from suffering from gender dysphoria imo. Anyone could "want" to be a girl for any number of reasons, it's the gender dysphoria that qualifies you for gender identity disorder and subsequent treatment.

Just keep doing your thing, OP.
>>
>>7818468
That's what gender dysphoria actually is, the "want to be a girl" thing is a misunderstanding peddled by cis people and AGPs.
>>
>>7818494
Of what
>>
>>7818630
>>7818639
Can you explain? Wouldn't pretending to be a girl be as bad as pretending to be a man then? Couldn't op just be gnc?
>>
>>7818696
I don't know what you thought I meant, but I meant gender dysphoria is when you know that you ARE a girl, and you need to transition to rectify the problems with your body.
>>
>>7818702
So transition is a misnomer then.
>>
>>7818696
>Wouldn't pretending to be a girl be as bad as pretending to be a man then?
I don't understand. Why would pretending to be one gender be worse or better than pretending to be the other?

>Couldn't op just be gnc?
What is gnc?

>>7818702
I don't even consider myself to be a girl, not in the way you're describing at least.

I am a genetic male who developed a disorder so my brain thinks I'm female, thus I must get hrt and live as female in order to feel well. I don't believe in a soul so I don't believe I have a female soul or anything. From a strictly biological and neurological perspective I think I'm some androgynous in-between thing after all the treatments.
>>
>>7818745
>From a strictly biological and neurological perspective I think I'm some androgynous in-between thing after all the treatments.
from a biological perspective probably but from a neurological perspective you're probably female
>>
>>7818745
>I don't understand. Why would pretending to be one gender be worse or better than pretending to be the other?
Thats my point. Transitioning without a desire to be a girl implies pretending to be a girl relieves dysphoria, but if you don't want to be a girl, then wouldn't you just become dysphoric about being a girl instead of about being a man?

>What is gnc?
Gender non conforming. In other words, behaving without regard to obeying gender norms.
>>
>>7818934
>Thats my point. Transitioning without a desire to be a girl implies pretending to be a girl relieves dysphoria, but if you don't want to be a girl, then wouldn't you just become dysphoric about being a girl instead of about being a man?
I have dysphoria because my brain developed a gender identity disorder, not because I watched too much anime or browsed MRA blogs until I was convinced that women have it better.

Wanting something is not the same as benefiting from having it. One could be hungry but not want food because he or she is anorexic. Doesn't change the fact that food is good for you.
>>
>>7818639
>the "want to be a girl" thing is a misunderstanding peddled by cis people and AGPs.
Wrong way around. AGP know they are a girl. HSTS want to be a girl.
>>
>>7823973
>AGP
gets hard to the thought of being a girl so wants to become their fetish
>HSTS
can't live as their birth gender

??????????????
>>
>>7824106
AGP = hates their body as a result of genderbending fetish

HSTS = hates their social roles as a result of innate gender nonconformity
>>
>>7824174
AGP is less a fetish and more a sexual orientation turned inwards.
>>
>>7824773
agp isn't real.
>>
>>7818934
There are feminists who transition to male because they want to have male privilege.

They want to be male. But wanting to be male doesn't make them transsexual, so they develop dysphoria after getting on testosterone.

Your logic is retarded. Wanting and needing are two different things.
>>
>>7825059
What's the truth about my sexuality then?
>>
>>7825294
All women and transwomen have "autogynephilia". You're not perverted. You suffer from genuine dysphoria but you have been convinced that you "only want to transition for sexual reasons" when in reality gender is mainly about sex so most transsexuals look forward to sex the most when they transition. It's only sick people like me who don't get exited when I think about all the sex I will be able to have without feeling disgusted by me body anymore. Everyone likes sex, dudette. Cis or trans.
>>
>>7825388
But I know I'm not perverted, I know I have non-sexual reasons for wanting to transition too and my body doesn't disgust me.

I don't believe cis women are attracted to themselves the way I am. Maybe a minority of lesbians.
>>
>>7818468
iktf senpai
it seems to be that because I don't feel like a boy the default must be that I feel like a girl... it makes me feel terrible, like I'm some big phony hurting legit transpeople
why can't everything be clear-cut and simple?
>>
File: 1451379657678.jpg (330KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1451379657678.jpg
330KB, 768x1024px
>>7825414
>I don't believe
>believe
Unraveling the secrets of the cosmos by believing things, I see.
>>
>>7826043
Show me a cishet girl with AGP then?
>>
>>7825144
>They want to be male.
No. If they wanted to be male they wouldn't get dysphoria. Maybe they wanted to be male socially, ie they wanted to appear male, without being male anatomically, so they got anatomical dysphoria.
>>
>>7827862
I didn't want to get vaccinated when I was a kid. It still protected me from diseases, though.

Yes this is a fair comparison because gender dysphoria is a disorder that is alleviated with hrt even if you want it or not.

Wanting something is an intellectual decision. You can have an urge to fuck someone but not want to actually do it because you hate their personality. Doesn't mean you were never attracted to them in the first place. You can have dysphoria and not want to transition because of shame. You can be hungry but not want a burger because you're on a diet.
>>
>>7825388
>>7825414
>>7825447
these, talk more so i can lurk harder
>>
>>7825388
>gender is mainly about sex
Sexual activity constitutes such a small percentage of your social interaction with other human beings. You're kidding, right?
>>
>>7831440
Sexual subtext is everywhere
>>
>>7831461
Do you purposefully go looking for it? Have you tried eating bland cereal and praying your libido away? Just because you interpret sexual subject in everything doesn't mean it's there.
>>
>>7831440
The parts of your life that is influenced by your gender is mainly about sex, yes.

My gender doesn't influence the way I solve maths questions in the library and it's not sexual either. So I never really went into transitioning fantasizing about "solving math questions as a girl!" My gender influences my interaction with CUTE GUYS though, so when I started transitioning and imagined how my life was going to be like I thought about the possibility of courting and sex a lot.
>>
>>7829352
>Yes this is a fair comparison because gender dysphoria is a disorder that is alleviated with hrt even if you want it or not.
Then why isn't it lessened in older age when hormone levels drop? And then it should be at its worst in puberty, yet many who transition like Caitlyn are able to repress during those years.

>Wanting something is an intellectual decision.
Sounds like repression to me.

>You can have an urge to fuck someone but not want to actually do it because you hate their personality.
Repressed sexuality

>You can have dysphoria and not want to transition because of shame.
Repressed transgender identity

>You can be hungry but not want a burger because you're on a diet.
Repressed appetite

>I didn't want to get vaccinated when I was a kid. It still protected me from diseases, though.
Rationalizing an experience where your will was repressed. Maybe you don't get the vaccine, you aren't protected by the disease, you go to the doctor, and there you meet your soul mate. Being grateful doesn't change anything about the desire you had.
>>
>>7835870
>>You can have dysphoria and not want to transition because of shame.
>Repressed transgender identity
Then we are on the same page.
>>
>>7818468
Its choice in that you can either "become a girl" or repress/ torture yourself for the rest of your (possibly) short life. You could always just take hormones and still live as a boy but eventually you may end up being to girly to pass as a dude. Ultimately its up to you.
>>
>>7836131
>or repress/ torture yourself for the rest of your (possibly) short life.
Or manage to cope!
>>
>>7831440
>>7831461
>>7831477
>>7831692
Almost all of human interaction involves gender. Dress, mannerisms, social niceties, terms of address, there is nothing gender doesn't touch.

This transcends culture, class and social situation.

Reducing gender down to sexuality is denying a host of human interaction.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.