[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do trannies choose a proper name >Kate I like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 1461664501501.jpg (33KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1461664501501.jpg
33KB, 408x439px
how the fuck do trannies choose a proper name

>Kate I like but in finland it wouldn't work that well because it pretty much means monetary expense
>Kati would be a form that'd work but idk too childish maybe???????
>Katja (pronounced katya) is pretty mature but feels whorey
>>
Just go with you gut. Kate is good and Fins will get it,
>>
>>7812948
not really because it'll be pronounced ka-te
>>
>>7812479
>Katja
i like this one, but i'm an ameripig so my judgement probably isn't the best

just don't act whorish and you should be ok
>>
>>7812479
Who cares if Katja sounds whorey? Whorey euro names are excellent-tier
>>
>>7812971
what if my other sister whose name is tanja will be like fucking nigger is trying to be me

i mean she was also intending to go to med school to be an anesthesiologist which i'm also interested in cuz im interested in ER shit (ended up as a nurse anesthesiologist tho)
>>
>>7812980
oh, well that's a valid reason then. if katja sounds too similar to tanja you dont want to creep ur sister out.

that being said i dont think they sound that similar so..
>>
Kati is fine.
>>
>>7813023
honestly i dont give a fuck and we rarely see each other anyway im just memeing i guess

i mean once i get around to moving to canada or whatever i can just be called kate and have my legal name be the slav whore name
>>
I say Kati or Katja.
>>
File: 1481150298046.jpg (191KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481150298046.jpg
191KB, 1024x1024px
sako
>>
>>7814216
lol wtf is this shit

i recognise these words but they have no sense whatsoever
>>
>>7814216
blonde hair but dark eyebrows tho thats me irl

maybe sako it is :^)
>>
>>7812479
Katja&Kati are both popular names from 70s

>>7814236
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VBPS4JoT9o
>>
somebody on /tg/ said they picked theirs using a phonebook, a magic 8-ball, and a d20
>>
google popular names for your birth year. Find one and think it over for a long time.
>>
File: 1467504964679.jpg (82KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1467504964679.jpg
82KB, 500x370px
>not already decided it years ago
>>
>>7812479
Ask. Your. Parents. To. Name. You.

It's literally what they would have wanted.
>>
>>7815160
I made a deal with mom, I pick surname, she picks middle names.
>>
>>7815199
>changing your surname
>>
>>7815229
oh dont u wanna be roxanne????

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>7815229
different anon, my parents are being awful about it, and it's not like I can continue their line anyway.
>>
>>7815229
Sorry, my brain malfunctioned, I meant first name, though I'm actually thinking of changing last name to my grandmother's maiden name because it sounds really fancy.
>>
>>7812479
I picked my name out with a childhood friend when I was about 13 years old. We picked names to represent the varying ethnicity heritages that I share, in this case Greek and Celtic, and so my name is a combination of both of those.

I know it went well because I literally had a woman come up to me at work that got so excited seeing my nametag and the words she used was: "You have a very good momma for naming you that! You tell her that!"

I guess my point here is that you can pick a name out for yourself, but you should possibly have an actual criteria for it beyond it just being one you like the sound of. It helps if it makes contextual sense.
>>
I Chose the female version of my birth name
>>
>>7815760
fuck you that's my name give it back kid
>>
How about Katariina?

If I had to choose a female name, I'd go with Aino.
>>
>>7812479
kaisa, kati sounds old
>>
>>7815871
>double letters
Do you want to be clocked?
>>
File: C5BvSFzVYAEIEaK.jpg (98KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C5BvSFzVYAEIEaK.jpg
98KB, 576x1024px
>>7815776
Let's share :DDD
>>
>>7815961
clocked for a finn maybe
>>
>>7812479
I chose my name thinking how fucked up it would be to change my name to Jane Doe just to fuck with people I know. I was already considering Danielle but then I switched it To just Jane because it started to grow on me.
Also, Jane is as far away from my birth name as possible.
>>
>>7812479
If my birth name is pretty unique but also unisex should i keep it? I also should note I've always felt pretty comfy with my name my entire life, the only potential downside is it's uniqueness which could draw unwanted attention and scrutiny.
>>
>>7816190
only if you'll also share my bed with me
(and be the big spoon)
>>
>want to be called naomi or riley
>have to pick greek name
>>
>chose caitlyn
>regret it daily
>>
>>7817223
I get that reference ayyy
>>
>>7817223
>riley
sounds like an ftm name doesn't it?
>>
if finnish why not kkkaaiitttiiieeennen?
>>
>>7816296
>>7815961
lol ive never liked double letters in finnish

i mean with a height of 5'2 i could pull kati off but i dont have black hair so whatevs
>>
>>7812479
What about Kadie or Kaia?
>>
>>7818155
if i wanna be seen as a refugee or something sure

finnish girl names are basic as fuck it hurts

like kaisa, anni, sofia, jenni, iida etc.
>>
If you're fat you could go for Karoliina.
>>
>>7818174
lol all the fat girl names are catariina, carita, etc.

notice the c
>>
Is "Ashley" ok?
>>
>>7812479
Virolainen here.
How about Keiti/Keity?
Or Kaidi? Pretty close to Kate.
And all names I have met irl. Keiu?
Imo Kati seems a bit nicknameish, unless you add something, like Kati-Lii or idk.
Kätlin/any version of it?
>>
>>7820748
even tho estonian and finnish are kinda similar the names definitely dont translate over well

i mean they wouldnt be THAT weird but like Kaidi is very eastern tier in finnish and keiu would seem like some native american shit lol

Kätlin could maybe be like Kataliina

but idk i guess i have enough mean bitch points to be called katja
>>
>>7817084
I've got this same issue, somebody pls respond...
>>
>>7817084
>>7820932
Depends how unisex your name really is.
If people read your name and don't realise what gender you are, thats unisex.
In that case if you like your name you should definitely keep it.

Plus sides:
>Don't have to switch emails, credit cards etc.
>People you've known recognise your name
>if you don't feel it working out, you don't have to awkwardly explain you want to be called x again.
>No getting used to being called a new name.
>You can fall out of love with names, if something has worked for ~20 years its probably good to go.
>Parents choose a name for a child and an adult alike, something that works through their whole life. You may be affected by a phase and probably want to name yourself as who you want to be. If you're 20-something club hoe, Kandy Krystal might work, but not if youre 45 and trying to switch jobs.

To be honest, there are no downsides to keeping your name. You think you'll get attention because your name is unique? You'll get attention because you have transitioned. Any daring decision gets attention. Your name hasn't been the focus of it so far, you still like it, so it shouldn't be a problem afterwards.
>>
>>7821144
>>You can fall out of love with names, if something has worked for ~20 years its probably good to go.
Even if you fall out of love with a chosen name, at least it's what you picked and you did love it once. Your birth name was never good enough for you to choose to be in love with it.
>>
>think of non-snowflake name
>check facebook
>know at least 1 person with that name
fuck
I don't want to make it weird
>>
>>7821266
Fucking this, picked my name long ago, life goes on, get job at current place, some girl there is super interested why I'm leaving for doctor appointments all the time and tried to fish it out of me. Problem is she has the fucking name I'm going for, so it would be extremely weird if I told her.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.