[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any trans people had difficulties with self perception based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: xbq7flwkaftx.jpg (38KB, 478x673px) Image search: [Google]
xbq7flwkaftx.jpg
38KB, 478x673px
Have any trans people had difficulties with self perception based on how people treat you in your new gender (assuming you pass)?

I get treated way nicer now, but also I'm taken much less seriously. I never appreciated quite how much of what I said was taken at face value simply because I was a guy. Now I'm doubted or dismissed or passed over entirely on everything. I used to see myself as pretty smart and competent, now I just don't. Consciously I know nothing has changed, but it's hard to get over social perceptions.
>>
>>7807992
Having to deal with trans shit already made my grades tank in high school and college, when before I had some of the best scores in the state, so I was already starting to feel dumb and useless. But yeah, this shit doesn't help.
>>
>>7807992
Mtfs do NOT get taken less seriously due to transition. They ACT less seriously and more stereotypically femininely, and THAT gets them RIGHTLY taken less seriously.

Keep acting like a man, and you'll keep being taken seriously.

This is just like women complaining they aren't treated the same in high status office environments. It's not sexism, it's choosing to act in a way that doesn't fit the more serious environment. You can't have it both ways.
>>
Yfw misogyny is real
>>
>>7808016
Ah, another mind numbingly autistic post.
>>
>>7808035
It isn't >>7808016

>>7808036
>i disagree but i have no reason why i do
>>
>>7808016
But I act mostly the same. When I was a boy people always made fun of how effeminate I am, how I'm a faggot, etc. Yet I still got taken just as seriously as any other man.
>>
>>7808016
Number one, victim blaming.

Number two, acting "stereotypically femininely" has nothing to do with it, if you're perceived as female, you will get talked down to.
>>
Yfw misogyny is real
>>
>>7808135
You already posted this, but if you honestly don't think misogyny is real, you've never even stepped outside.
>>
>>7807992
Can you source me on your pic please?
>>
>>7808084
I can't comment on how seriously you were being taken, but it sounds like the people you associate with are the problem there.

>>7808093
>people act differently after coming out/transitioning
>how people treat each other is impacted by how they act
Which of these are you saying doesn't happen?
>>
>>7808016
>women acting like women somehow strips them of being taken seriously
ok autist
>>
>>7807992
Yeah as a guy people respected my decisions and were willing to learn from me. Now as a girl I get constantly talked down to and litteraly every guy wants to teach me how its really done eventho their methods are retarded and 120% less efficient.
>>
>>7808141
Funny, plenty of people manage to not notice misandry.
>>
>>7808180
>women acting like women somehow gets them treated like women
Really makes you think.
>>
>>7808205
Misandry makes total sense though, if you've ever spoken to a man.
>>
>>7808231
t. feminism
>>
>>7808009
>be boy
>turn into girl
>surprised when you get dumber
What did you expect to happen?
>>
>>7807992
I got way more confident with transition and nobody talks down on me, because I'm not a fuckin bitch
>>
>>7808256
I wish I actually got stupid, then I wouldn't have to feel bad about it.
>>
>>7808256
Different anon, how can I stay male-tier intelligent with transition?
>>
>>7808288
You don't lose your intelligence with transition.
>>
>>7808288
Don't become a woman.
>>
>>7808292
So the other posters were just stupid to begin with?
>>
>>7808305
My scores plummeted because I had to DEAL with all my trans shit, not because I'm actually stupid. I have a 140+ IQ, it's not outstanding but it's not dumb. But nobody with severe dyshporia can excel in their studies.
>>
>>7808320
>nobody with severe dyshporia can excel in their studies.
because only trans women get dysphoria and women are dumb
>>
>>7808320
Are you autistic by any chance?
>>
>>7808304
But I want to be a woman!
>>
>>7808425
Too bad; you can't.
>>
>>7808431
>Too bad
At least I get to stay smart.
>>
Maybe saga frontier should be Marilyn Manson?
>>
>>7808320
Are you my mtf twin? You sound like me except opposite of ftm. What is your geographic origin?
>>
>>7808564
California
>>
>>7808342
Munchkin
>>
>>7807992
I am having the same issue, sucks but what can we do?
>>
File: VSHFElh.jpg (38KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
VSHFElh.jpg
38KB, 660x495px
>>7808016
Both genders can be taken equally seriously, but they will act in different ways to get it. People tend to favor playing to their strengths if they're smart. My grandmother is a very successful business woman who plays the "grandmotherly" card. People warm up to her very quickly, and are reluctant to be shrewd with her. I worked with a teacher who looked like a nanny, and used that for class management. Both commanded respect VERY well.

It should be noted that my grandmother is actually powerfully shrewd when it comes down to brass tacks, and it always catches people off guard when it happens. It's a trump card.

My wife, and a co-worker who used to live in Japan both command great respect as well, and they're in their 30's. They are silent, succinct, and not opinionated. The strong, silent type. It works. I can't explain at length without REALLY thinking about how these women do it. It definitely can be done. It should be noted that nobody DARES objectify them - even behind their backs. They don't go that route. Both are quite attractive though, but they insist on being recognized for ability.

It's great to be good looking, but there's a cost if you use it as a crutch.

Good luck, bitches!
>>
>>7808735
>It's great to be good looking, but there's a cost if you use it as a crutch.
This is being female in general, and the complaints about how women are treated are complaints about that cost for using your gender as a crutch.
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 708x676px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 708x676px
>>7807992
Source?
>>
I was always incompetent, so haven't done much "advice" giving period... and I don't know if I even pass to most people (???) So I haven't noticed anything.
>>
File: 1487800662795.jpg (7KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1487800662795.jpg
7KB, 200x195px
>>7808016
This is correct.
>>
>>7808838
boop
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.