[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever girlmoded with a male voice? How did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: CQr0is7VEAYzAu1.png (123KB, 600x570px) Image search: [Google]
CQr0is7VEAYzAu1.png
123KB, 600x570px
Has anyone here ever girlmoded with a male voice? How did that work out for you?
>>
>>7773077
this is my life p much
I don't pass anyway but yeah

I don't get beaten up or yelled at or anything but I never get gendered female, either, just treated like a normal guy pretty much except the odd weird stare if someone notices my tits etc.
>>
>>7773077

Watch this and either stop being stupid and train your voice or don't go girlmode.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/trans-people-reveal-their-daily-struggles-in-powerful-short-film_uk_589dab21e4b094a129ea1d5e
>>
>>7773096
Teach me how to resonance and I will
>>
I boymode with man voice but I get gendered female if I'm gendered at all before they hear me
>>
>>7773077
I want to try boymoding with my really good voice and see how I'm perceived.
>>
>How did that work out for you?
seems to work for some and not for others. It bothered me a lot doing it so I trained my voice.

examples:
https://clyp.it/kpbj41uy (non lewd)
https://clyp.it/tysl2yzu (lewd)

I'll sit around the thread to answer question about voice if there are any.
>>
>>7773111

http://lena.kiev.ua/voice/

That should solve your resonance problem.
>>
>>7773254
Interesting, thank you anon.
>>
>>7773232

Can you actually laugh, cough, and make other involuntary sounds while sounding female?
>>
File: index.jpg (103KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
103KB, 800x450px
>>7773279
Yes I can.

Last week I went out with a friend who introduced me to a lot of his friends. It was a really loud bar and I had to talk over the music into peoples ears the whole time, I passed to everyone (despite my masculine features).

A solid voice is powerful because it allows people to suspend their suspicions about you being trans. It's inconceivable to a cis-person that a transwoman could actually sound like a female.

>laugh, cough, and make other involuntary sounds
yes the guys I have been with compliment me on this. My sneezes are really feminine too.
>>
>>7773232
You have a ridiculously high vocal range. I cannot even hit your speaking pitch without falsetto. and this only deepens my suspicions that the difference between a clockable voice and a passing voice is having a tenor range or not
>>
>>7773304
>You have a ridiculously high vocal range
Yes, I am a counter tenor (highest type of tenor possible).

But I disagree that basses and baritones can not achieve the same effect. Female voice and sound is less about pitch and more a function of formant and resonance. The vocal posture impacts the way things resonant across your 7 chambers (chest, tracheal tree, larynx, pharynx, oral cavity, sphenoida sinus, and nasal).

The resonance determines the formant of a speaker. Females have a distinctly higher formant than males. You can take even a low voice and apply pharyngeal resonance to it and it will assume feminine origins.

That being said it's certainly more difficult for basses but they can voice pass with a lot of effort. Baritones have it okay, most of my baritone students cap out around Bb3-C4 with a wide, open vowel "Aa', and can get around D4-E4 with a brighter vowel. Sufficient enough for a female voice.
>>
>>7773254
>For voice feminization you need to shorten your vocal tract by pulling your larynx upwards and backwards
>AND BACKWARDS

Wow, my voice was already really good, and it just got better within seconds.
>>
>>7773320
I think there are a strong proportion of basses and baritons whose structures are simply too robust to support an unquestionably female resonance. It's kind of like if you spot a girl who looks a little uncanny facially but can't really make a call on whether she's trans. I mean yeah a lot of cis girls have high t disorders that can make them clocky but it's still clocky
>>
>>7773343
I can agree some basses will lack the capability to do. But honestly very few. Baritones are fine and have the resonance capabilities to pull it off.
>>
>>7773232
http://clyp.it/3t24c4ls
>>
>>7773343
>>7773421
What are these basses and baritones you two talk about? I feel like I'm almost reading a /mu/ instrument discussion and don't get it
>>
>>7773441
male voice is divided (roughy) into three categories of pitch and resonance: bass, bariton, and tenor. Everyone has a unique voice but typically these categories work well to identify peoples voices.

>>7773423
You're pretty close already, honestly! You need to introduce more pharyngeal resonance into your tone and project better. Pitch wise it's fine.

example:
https://clyp.it/3nd5onef
>>
>>7773520
Is there a way to tell if your voice is passable, but by yourself? Like every time I hear my voice, it never sounds female to me.
>>
File: 25_01.jpg (108KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
25_01.jpg
108KB, 800x600px
>>7773806
Actually, no.

The vibrations we hear when we speak are highly untrue to what actually comes out of our mouth.

Further, even if you record yourself speaking and listen, your self-bias will distort what you hear.

I still think my voice sucks but everyone tells me it's really good and it works 100% in social settings.

:\

some of the biggest breakthroughs I've had in my voice training came from insight from a friend giving feedback.
>>
>>7773520
>example: https://clyp.it/3nd5onef
honestly your "normal male voice" sounds more passable than the final result of this clip, which just sounds like a pitched-up male voice.
>>
>>7773890
>honestly your "normal male voice" sounds more passable than the final result of this clip, which just sounds like a pitched-up male voice.

right, extreme ranges like the end of the clip strain more. That clip was strictly for demonstration purposes. I was trying to add as much pharnyngeal resonance as possible and by the end I needed to release, lol.

At :19-:22 you can hear it put together but then I dropped that ultra tight resonance I was doing before.
>>
>>7773254
How the fuck are you supposed to pull your larynx backwards?
>>
>>7774657

Have you tried reading from beginning to end?
>>
>>7774664
why do I need the biology lesson? Just gimme the steps.
>>
Looks like this is the end of my transition.
>>
>>7774667

Look at the three highlighted muscles and activate them, you clueless motherfucker.

>>7774683

Hopefully because this is the last thing you needed to do and you've mastered it, not because you have given up.
>>
>>7773077
Just pretend im deaf in public and never speak.
>>
>>7774944
Do you really do this? Does it work?
>>7774762
Yeah sure I'll just press the button that activates those muscles.
>>
>>7774944
Yes i dont speak and they say mama.
>>
>>7773096
Literally Americans pretty much all sound like woman there is zero tutorials for those in the UK my female voice sounds like im from LA.
>>
>>7773096
cringe
>>
>>7775010

Are you even trying to figure this out on your own? Do you think you just pick up a textbook, read it, and understand it? No, you try it out on sample problems. There are also a list of steps on the page. Look for it. I'm half-tempted to let you disgrace yourself in public.
>>
>>7775091
Last time I tried voice training I just ended up sounding really stupid. It's depressing to continue, Apart from the mute idea I guess the plan now is to try saving for voice surgery, maybe prostitution or something, that pays well.
>>
>>7775091
I also have a learning issue like for me i just pull my adam apple up when i swallow i have no idea if im doing it right.
>>
>>7775112
Might start trying this. https://youtu.be/HHruyisbH_o
>>
>>7774762
Which muscles in which picture? Theres too many!
>>
>>7775141
>i just pull my adam apple up

with your hand or what?
>>
>>7775296
Swallow so it goes up and held it in with my hand dont have a clue if thats right my voice doesnt sound any better.
>>
>>7773279
This was literally the easiest thing for me. My voice also gets a lot more feminine the louder I get (I'm a cashier in a loud store).
For real, there's no hardcore vocal training required for this :|
>>7773077
I started voice training a couple years before HRT. People would gender me as male, then hear my voice and apologize.
Now that I "pass" I go forever boymode and female voice.
>>
>>7775265
k thanks
>>7775442
Why is it that half of trannies say voice training came naturally yet the other half including me find it a nightmare?
>>
>>7773279
>tfw ftm on t and sound female when i whisper
>>
File: mute.jpg (87KB, 396x593px) Image search: [Google]
mute.jpg
87KB, 396x593px
I trained my voice a long time ago but it was never really satisfactory and was hard to do. I lived stealth for 4 years like that until I decided to move back home where a lot of people know i'm trans. Since then I just talk in my guy voice but still present female.

I never pass on the phone and i've been clocked from behind because my voice and height. But when they see my face they just get confused or ask why i have such a deep voice.

It's really nit a big deal if you pass. People pretty much contrive excuses for why you sound that way.

I'm now about to get voice surgery. some of my friends still say 'why do you need that?'

Take it as you will.
>>
>>7776999
Post voice
And I find it hard to believe that nobody cares that you sound like a dude
>>
File: c36be40c7f57ab682524d39e511c6070.jpg (128KB, 933x1280px) Image search: [Google]
c36be40c7f57ab682524d39e511c6070.jpg
128KB, 933x1280px
>>7777269
It's mostly a normal dude voice. I might record something tomorrow or before surgery.

Like I said people do care and think it's weird at first but they just start accepting it as a 'deep lesbian voice'.

Interestingly enough foreigners tend to have the biggest reaction to it. Usually something along the lines of 'oh it's so strong and beautiful'. It's kinda weird. I met the actor Garry Farmer the other day and he later mentioned to someone else how he thought my voice was 'strong and powerful'.

I don't know that people really always put two and two together that i'm not just a girl with some kinda freak voice. Either way it'll all be gone soon.

In the past I've met trannies that passed and I never really put two and two together about their shit voices until after the fact either. I think that unless you're Tom Waits, if you pass a deep voice doesn't make you male, just unique.
>>
>>7777478
I still wanna hear it, I bet it's at least partly trained, faggy maybe. No way can someone go out with a 100% dude voice and not get beaten up.
>>
>>7777517
Well like i said it was trained. I don't do anything but talk naturally now. I don't think it's identical to before I trained my voice but it's not female either. Like I said it does not pass on the phone ever.

I'll post it later when I get a chance.

Also I've traveled a bit as a tranny now and never been harassed yet. I think if you're not unpassable, don't dress or act like a freak show, and just keep to your own, people don't care in most places. Maybe in Saudi Arabia or Alabama it's different.
>>
>>7777269
As long as someone's speech patterns were feminine, I don't think it would stand out after a while.
>>
>>7777602
If you pass in normal spaces, you would definitely pass in bumfuck Alabama or Saudi Arabia, they're even less experienced with trans people.
>>
>>7776973
Voice training was difficult, but not the involuntary stuff like coughing and sneezing. At least for me.
>>
>>7779966
Saudis are very trained with trans people. They make all gays transition or be stoned to death.
>>
File: IMG_0371.jpg (39KB, 369x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0371.jpg
39KB, 369x368px
>>7779966

Maybe. But if i ever got clocked the risk isn't worth it. I first realized my trained voice was shit when a shwarma delivery guy wouldn't shut up about my 'You so pretty, what wrong with voice?' and give me my damn food.

>>7780549
No that's Iran. Shia != Sunni.
>>
>>7774762
Stop being an ass it's not that simple
>>
>>7773254
that is alot of anatomy to learn
>>
>>7773077
>deepish tone with female speech patterns
>pass otherwise
>usually gendered correctly (always in girlmode)
if someone calls me a guy or gives me shit i usually respond in the deepest voice possible with something like "suck my dick"
>>
>>7785328

That sounds stupid as hell but I'm laughing anyway.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.