[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey friends, I'm a gay male and I have a question for trans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: asdasa.png (379KB, 491x350px) Image search: [Google]
asdasa.png
379KB, 491x350px
Hey friends, I'm a gay male and I have a question for trans people.

Why is it that older transgender women are far more likely to believe they pass and/or are attractive when this is clearly not true?

It's not a phenomenon that I've noticed among the younger generation (under 17's, 18-24's are still kinda strange but not in the same way) who seem to be a lot more level-headed.

Like if being your identified gender was your end goal, how could you be happy/content looking like an in-between mess and knowing that everyone who calls you "miss" is just humoring you?

Source: I occasionally volunteer at a LGBT center where I interact with a lot of trans people (both young and old).
>>
>>7771819
Because they understand that they're never going to pass, so they just live their lives without caring, whereas we thought we actually had a chance.
>>
File: 342656-133123-sabrina-spellman.jpg (24KB, 273x235px) Image search: [Google]
342656-133123-sabrina-spellman.jpg
24KB, 273x235px
lemme break it down for u mate.

There are two types of ugly people:

>those who are self aware they are ugly
>and those who are not

The self aware people either:

>do something about it and improve
>or stay in there house and sob on the internet (most people who started after age 24+)
>or don't give a fuck people they have zero people to impress (most older trans)

The people who are NOT self aware:

>go out thinking they are hot shit with not a care in the world

NOW.. On to the "pretty/passers/early trans"

>hormones have done their job and changed there brain
>over critical of herself like 90% of females
>has been told they are pretty, pass, etc, therefore are in a constant state of upkeep, trying to find and fix flaws
>if they are young enough to come out that early they are not autistic enough to repress
>the younger you transition, less chance its fueled by fetish (AGP)
>>
>>7772066
How to tell if you actually pass or people are just humouring you, tho?
>>
>>7772209
When guys actively creep on you and catcall you and obviously aren't repulsed by your transness. Once you pass, it'll happen pretty much every time you go out alone, so you'll know.
>>
>>7771819
The feminist "smash the binary!" crowd being trained as therapists in school doesn't help either. The older doctors and therapists are pretty red pilled on the fact that you'll never pass, but they won't tell you until later, and will frame it under "you need to make yourself happy", and the hons usually eat it up. "Oh, I fathered three kids and was a tyrannical asshole to my wife, but now I'm totally accepted as one of the girls! I even used the women's bathroom with lesbians one time!"

>be me
>gender dysphoric coulda been SS Officer in another generation on hormones
>go to feminist therapist
>"why don't you want to use female pronouns, anon?"
>"because everyone sees a dude when they look at me"
>"isn't that all just a social construct anyways?"
>"there's a primal reaction in people that genders them right away. you can't just double think that away."
>"but does it really matter"
>"YES, god damn it!"
>"why?"
>"because I'm dysphoric over my body"
>"men and women come in all shapes and sizes, anon"
>"which doesn't matter when I'm an outlier"
>"but, anon..."

>"anon, we are having an observation day where the other therapists in training check our work"
>"sure"
>therapist brings up pronouns at the beginning like it's the most pressing issue ever for trannies
>"just call me he, his, him"
>"are you sure?"
>"YES!!!"
>10 minute back and forth discussion of them (the other training therapists and their preceptor) telling me I should use female pronouns and me explaining why I think it's stupid
>"but you feel like a girl, and this is a safe space"
>"it's like playing make-believe"
>they use female pronouns for me anyways

They really don't fucking get it.
>>
>>7772260
To be fair, you were making a big thing of it for no reason. The whole point is that people gender you the way they see fit, and you're trying to change your body to change how other people perceive you and gender you accordingly. But if there are people who already know you're a girl, and they choose to address you as female because of that, you really don't need to throw a hissy fit about it.
>>
>>7772209
don't listen to >>7772226
b/c there's more to it then that. ive observed female privilege first hand, but i still am clockable
>>
>>7772271
I didn't make a hissy fit. I state very plainly on multiple visits that I felt more comfortable with male pronouns at this time. They repeatedly pushed me.

For feminists, they sure don't know how to take a fucking no for an answer.
>>
>>7772292
They didn't go about it very well, I agree with you. They were trying to help you gain a health perspective on your identity, but forcing that one thing, rather than talking about the nuances of it (which you could probably follow) betrays a lack of skill. Sorry 'bout that anon, good therapists are hard to find and treating trannies only increases the difficulty.
>>
>>7771823
This. It's just that they accept themselves more.
>>
>>7772066
>lemme break it down for u mate.
>There are two types of ugly people:
>>those who are self aware they are ugly
>>and those who are not
>The self aware people either:
>>do something about it and improve
>>or stay in there house and sob on the internet (most people who started after age 24+)
>>or don't give a fuck people they have zero people to impress (most older trans)
>The people who are NOT self aware:
>>go out thinking they are hot shit with not a care in the world
>>7772066
This all can be applied to trans too and you could of stopped there, but I agree with the rest too.
>>
>>7772209

k heres the thing my dude

if you question your own passing, you don't pass, passers know they pass.

""""passing threads"""" are bs attention whore platforms full of femboys and AGP's.
>>
>>7772367
i was talking about trans people...
>>
>how could you be happy/content looking like an in-between mess
I will never be content looking in-between, but I don't think I look like a mess unless I get depressed and stop grooming.
>and knowing that everyone who calls you "miss" is just humoring you
I don't think they're all humoring me but that sucks too yeah.

t. 23 year old

What's weird about us btw? I feel like we can be pretty chill people.
>>
>>7772370
Not necessarily true, I pass, but I'm always awaiting the day when I don't pass.
>>
OP here, thank you for the responses. I'm on my phone now but I'd like to ask some more questions when I get back home.

>>7772378

You all have that thousand yard stare + completely down and defeated body language and expression.
>>
File: 46r65dytyf.png (78KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
46r65dytyf.png
78KB, 249x250px
>>7772424
Really now? We *all* have it, huh? You sound more and more like a generic bigot rather than someone who volunteers at an LGBT center, but go on.
>>
>>7772477

Lol I didn't mean that as an offence, but it's true.
>>
>>7772487
It's not very true from my experience; it seems more like a 2/5 kind of thing. Maybe amplified by the fact that its the type of people who are seeking out a support group? What is your normal social group like? Are they very animated people?

I know what you're talking about and I've seen it in some homosexual men too. I think it's just minority stress, 18-24 year old trannies occupy an unfortunate position in that regard.
>>
>>7771819
Because an extra 30 years of dysphoria and masculinization really really fucks their brains up
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.